Can we get rid of execution missions?

(Atagi) #1

Many people already said they hate it. They play execution for the missions only. Others, including myself just cancel those missions. Its just an annoying gamemode. Execution does’t fit in this game. The teams are always unbalanced and for me its really no fun to play execution. If I would like to play execution I would play counterstrike and not dirty bomb. Can I have other missions instead?

(bontsa) #2

We do have missions for Objective and Stopwatch respectively. So getting rid solely of Execution ones wouldn’t make sense, unless those got removed too. In my opinion that wouldn’t be good choice at all, but that’s arguable.

What I do agree on is “Win X rounds in Execution” should be ditched. We got rid of “Win SW/Obj” ones too so having 2 types of missions for 1 gamemode is what is flawed here.

(Starconyx4) #3

I agree, we should get rid of the “Win X rounds…” missions. I personaly don’t like this gamemode, but what bothers me the most is how difficult it is to find a balanced match in it. I have seriously played 3 full execution games in a row without winning a single round, which I think is ridiculous, especially when I am just playing to get some cash for a trade-up.

(Atagi) #4

Win 16 round in execution… cancel that immediately…

(FalC_16) #5

just got back from doing 750c mission aka playing 25 rounds. It took me 3 games approximately 50 min.

Other 750c missions can be done in one objective match.

SD please, I ain’t saying remove them, but please nerf the required count for completion.

I don’t know:
500c = 8rounds
750c = 15rounds
1000c = 20rounds

Are we really asking that much? time/credit earned ratio is horrid on these missions.

(bontsa) #6

Now that the necro is out there, let me join in too.

Lowering the round requirements would indeed need to be put in place. Starting with -5 from each would be good starters, as it seems SD follows a road of small tweaks.

500c = 15 rounds // 750c = 20 rounds // 1000c = 25 rounds

This way, 500cred mission takes 3 games in even the worst possible scenario, 0:7 games. Usually the stomped team however wins even 1 round at some point, so it’ll be done in 2 games. I have gut feeling SD doesn’t aim for missions being done in 1 game. Albeit yes some often are done in single Obj/SW. Possible, but not aimed towards.

Overall Execution however needs some great ton of tweaking before beginning to look like DB- fitting mode… Abilities that have been balanced with respawn in mind, side switching, etc. you name it. This small change would be nice in terms of making people who enjoy missions, a little less cringy towards the mode. Just like the atmosphere went way better in pubs when “Win X games” missions got ditched.

(Cimbaya) #7

I only play Execution for the missions, too.
It’s annoying when you have 2 rounds left to play when you just finished a match.

(gloomyRequirement) #8

To begin with, saying “you’ll play counterstrike instead of dirty bomb if you had wanted this gamemode” is flat out retarded - lets be honest. There’s absolutely no comparison to be made between CS and DB other than “it has guns”.

I personally play Execution exclusively as I think it’s the only properly balanced gamemode(not to be confused with TEAM balancing) so I don’t really have a hard time finishing those missions seeing I usually win. Then again I can see where you’re coming from when you say you’d rather not play the gamemode to begin with.

I think FalC_16’s suggestion was good.

(SYNERGYWalker) #9

Exactly my thoughts gloomy :slight_smile:

(Dawnlazy) #10

Reducing the requirement would be nice, they already reduced the required exp for Game Mode exp missions before because they took too long to complete.

(LifeupOmega) #11

Why would I ever want to play 30 rounds of execution, Splash Damage?

(TheVulpesFox) #12

[quote=“gloomyRequirement;143993”]To begin with, saying “you’ll play counterstrike instead of dirty bomb if you had wanted this gamemode” is flat out retarded - lets be honest. There’s absolutely no comparison to be made between CS and DB other than “it has guns”.

I personally play Execution exclusively as I think it’s the only properly balanced gamemode(not to be confused with TEAM balancing) so I don’t really have a hard time finishing those missions seeing I usually win. Then again I can see where you’re coming from when you say you’d rather not play the gamemode to begin with.

I think FalC_16’s suggestion was good.[/quote]

Don’t forget they both are in first person!

(NetflixandKill) #13

Like people said above, I think part of the issue is that the Execution missions take too long to complete compared to the others. But, I think it’s a bit more than that. All the other missions are dependent on XP earned by the player, not games played (they got rid of the play/win missions for Objective/Stopwatch awhile ago). Maybe they should scrap “play X rounds of execution”, but replace it with “earn X amount of XP in Execution”, like they do with Objective and Stopwatch. Obviously, SD would have to scale down the XP for the sake of balancing, seeing as Execution is a slower paced gamemode and XP isn’t earned as quickly as in obj modes, but this way if a player performs well they can complete their missions faster, just like with every other mission in the game.

(RedBeard) #14

You know you can look for less populated games that go much faster if you can not end rounds in a timely manor.

(Hishotodo) #15

I don’t understand the statement of execution not fitting DB. I haven’t any any issues with it not feeling right, at all. Can someone elaborate?

In fact, I think the features of DB fit execution moreso than other modes in certain aspects.

(SkrubLord) #16

Maybe not remove all of them, but it sure is annoying to do a ‘‘play 25 rounds in execution mode’’ and then get the same one when you get new missions, only another number of rounds. I often have 2 execution missions at the same time, and its annoying for players like me that much rather wants to play stopwatch. Since I dont spend real money on this game, canceling the missions isn’t an option for me, cause thats the only way to earn credits in this game. So you kind of have to do them or wait 2 and a half hours for a new one…