Bushwhackers turrets

(RaspberryChewy) #1

With the new changes too Dirty Bomb, the turret is not OP, nor trash. It’s just annoying and steals kills. It’s so annoying playing against one as you can’t get across the map without losing half your HP too some retard turret placed in some fucked up position. It needs too do something else, maybe a beam that reveals the targets location, slows them down and makes anyone shooting them do more damage? Leave thoughts below!

I think Bushwhacker is solid where he stands currently and doesn’t require any further changes. You said it yourself, the turret is neither overpowered nor trash so why change it?

(kopyright) #3

If anything it is underpowered against more seasoned players.

(Your worst knifemare.) #4

I still see more Proxy than Bush.

(RaspberryChewy) #5

They are simply annoying. Hanging where they should be in terms of damage, I don’t think that they need buffing or nerfing, maybe just a reconsideration, maybe I am simply being salty because of the recent changes. But it’s every damn game I get knocked off a Godlike because some level 2 can press Q

The same can be said about a wide range of mercs, of which some are so much more annoying than him by a large margin, e.g Fletcher, all recons, Thunder, etc.

I think your experience with Bushwhacker is largely influenced by the huge influx of new players playing him now that he is free. Although that does have the positive effect of overall less Proxys roaming the field! :kiraface:

(GatoCommodore) #7

imo the turret is very good against crap people who dont have good awareness on where they are gettting hit

(x3mytiz) #8

If ‘some level 2’ turret’s kill you, it’s only your own fault. And if this happens ‘every damn game’, for sure you don’t deserve those Godlikes…

(Mc1412013) #9

Just like proxy mines position is a huge factor.

(RaspberryChewy) #10

Kirays, this is true. Mercs such as Thunder are very annoying, and the same can be said for Phantom players, and Proxies.

Thanks all for replying, I was kinda pissed at the time after losing a couple of Godlikes and got kinda mad, sorry :3. I have decided too simply adapt my playstyle, which I probably should have done originally, any tips I would appreciate gladly! Thanks for all the input and for putting up with my Bull Shit :smiley:

No worries dude, with such a broad variety of abilities and the not ideal balance getting frustrated is bound to happen and I’m sure everyone has been in such a situation.

Avoiding turrets (and also mines) is a matter of checking corners and knowing the usual spots, most notably locations leading upwards (escalators, ramps).

(RaspberryChewy) #12

You got it! I really do love Dirty Bomb xD, all I do is try and get better. But those turrets are irritating no one can deny!*

(Press E) #13

I wouldn’t mind if they increased its spread. It seems a bit weird that it’s pretty much more accurate than the average player.
Maybe increase the turnon range, significantly increase spread so it’s no longer one of the first things you have to take out in a ranged fight.

I do agree, it’s kind of annoying at times. Not OP or anything, I almost never die to them, but they’re very boring to fight.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #14

ciws today are manned by ai, which can aim much better than a human

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #15

Wait, you’re upset about kill steals?

(Press E) #16

Of course, but this is a videogame lol. Realistically any firesupport merc should be able to easily destroy most of the objectives in the game too. Or hell, if you wanted you could probably even attach an AI to the fixed MG and carry that around instead, but obviously that wouldn’t be balanced

(AlbinMatt) #17

Bush was the first merc I ever bought in the game. He was always good at teaching me how to position turrets correctly and letting me know that an auto-aiming turret isn’t going to win battles by itself. Over a year later, I still feel like this is the case.

The turret’s main issue is that it’s so wonky when trying to target things, and when it does, it shreds it, ignoring everything else. I once snuck up on three turrets (the enemy team was stacking 5 Bushies) and knifed all of them without being detected once because apparently, they don’t have cameras on their backs. By the way, stacking turrets to make some kind of Plants vs. Zombies tower defense nonsense is not effective, at all.

The whole killing players thing is decently balanced, I feel. My main issue is with the clunky deployment and its oddly long time it takes for the “destroyed” animation to play. I often find myself dumping an entire mag at its way only for it to go poof(.

(GatoCommodore) #18

i think it is pretty realistic that a robot can aim as accurate as that imo. The CIWS Phalanx is firing 20mm shells and can kill missiles going supersonic.

its not like it can headshot in the game, irl it would one hit kill people in the head

(pHine4s) #19

After playin’ BW over 800 hrs, i have a complete different point of view.
First, Bushwacker had one change way over a year ago (even two?), and that was a nerf of the turret in duration and health.
What i can say is, that unexperienced players are my best prey.
As soon as it comes to higher levels, i even find the turret way underpowered - compared to what a proxy can do with throwing a mine in a group, killing three at once, damages the rest heavy and even if kamikaze-killed still had a fair impact on the enemy team.

Defending a spot alone only with my turret, often enough above-average-aimer kill me and the turret. Let it be two or three ppl and it feels for me as if my turret weren’t there at all. No chance, a turret will ever have such an impact over a gametime as a halfway skilled proxy (and Fletcher, too).
Most of the time i perceive the turret as underpowered - and under-durable.

The best effect it has is when the rest of the team is playing clever and knows where to be in which state of the round. Then the turret can be positioned tactically, much more as help and sensor rather than as a trap and to take the pace out of opponent team, even if just for a moment.

Most astonishing I found the word the turret being “annoying” …
Turrets shouldn’t suprise you more than one time, once you know where they are.
And isn’t it a core-idea, if not even the concept per se to be “annoying” to the opponent? Job done i’d say!

I really believe, there are mercs with much more questionable abilities not “fitting” in this game, but Bushwacker with his almost traditional and rather static outfit isn’t one of them.
Ask me about Snipers or Phantoms being annoying …

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #20

It actually can headshot, but only if placed in certain spots and only on targets at a lower elevation from specific angles. Essentially it doesn’t do it by default, but the Turret can actually land headshots and reap the benefits of them in specific circumstances, so saying it can’t is actually a tad inaccurate; as the Turret can get them but it’s a rare and situational occurrence.