Burst RIfles

(HoopleDoople) #21

OK, now that I’ve actually had a chance to test the changes, I have to admit the new BR-16 is actually pretty damn powerful. I’m guessing its still a nerf for competitive, top tier play when everyone is really dodgy. But at the level I’m playing I’m just wrecking people with Arty.

(cornJester) #22

And here I thought I was all alone! It does take time to adjust but the new damage model is pretty sweet. It will not be the BR-16 people are used to but that doesn’t make it trash. One bursting Vassilis and Phoenixes is a lot of fun. The gun feels rewarding now when you get that kill.

(AKULA) #23

I thinks balance dev in this game was completely drunk i mean what? 17 DAMAGE PER SHOT ?? are u real … and stoker is realeased and still no ak buff… just face palm just face palm …

(Zack) #24

Well I can tell you that as someone who is in the top tier of competition in the game I wouldn’t be caught dead using the BR ever.

(Lord) #25

[quote=“CCP115;100541”]I told you… I told you all!

You shouldn’t have touched the damn BR-16. It was absolutely fine, you hear me?

I gotta say though… 17 damage? Multiply by two? Then by three? That’s 102 damage.

Burst rifles are really precision now. Before you could spam them, but not anymore. I have to wait till I get ingame to give them a try.

Also the Stark is still terrible, 108 damage per burst. That’s stupid, it doesn’t do anything that the BR-16 can’t.[/quote]

You don’t multiply, just an addition. The BR-16 got 17+17+17 (17 dmg per bullet) so it is 51 dmg per burst (a burst is a 3 bullet shot).

(LifeupOmega) #26

They should have fixed the oversampling issue in the first place so the rifles performed on the same level no matter what button you used to fire. Because that’s literally the entire reason why the mousewheel outperformed after you died once. Was never an exploit, just a way of circumventing a shitty bug that killed the burst rifles in the first place.

(titaniumCrouton) #27

I am actually enjoying the new burst rifles personally. Sure they fire slower but I’ve found that to be a benefit personally. Before you could fire faster but it killed your accuracy for the most part and was overall a bad idea anyway. Now you can fire at it’s optimal speed in all circumstances, it’s pinpoint accurate and you can 1 head shot burst or 2 body burst all of the squishy classes

3 burst will kill most anything in the game except a rhino…It’s pretty damned scary. The Br-16 imparticular is a beast now imo. Still not a stark fan, I just hate the look of the weapon. Too large for how clunky the model is lol.

They feel like they’re more marksmen weapons now honestly instead of the former “spam as fast as you can and hope all three bullets hit.” and frankly I’ve been destroying with them…where before this update I wouldn’t even touch them and found them rather trashy.

Just my two cents. Br-16 is my new favorite weapon.

(ProfPlump) #28

The Burst fire rifles just need less damage drop off over range - that way they’ll be able to defeat the M4A1 in medium range, while being at a small disadvantage in close range. At the moment their DPS goes to shit when your enemy is out of close range, which is stupid considering that that’s where the guns are supposed to be used.