BRINK: The sequel

(zenstar) #21

.Chris. obviously your opinion is worthless. You haven’t logged enough hours in Brink. And I mean your opinion on anything… favourite colour: It’s blue, even if you don’t like blue. Blue IS your favourite colour and you’d only realise that if you’d logged enough hours.

/sarcasm :stuck_out_tongue:

(DarkangelUK) #22

I’ve logged more forum hours than you lot, therefore none of your opinions count MWAHAHA!

(zenstar) #23

You’d realise how wrong you were if you’d logged more Brink hours. Those are the only hours that count… those and facebullets… remember the facebullets.

(Nightingale_001) #24

well,even if its full of conflict
always nice to see there are still brink players thinking of brink sequel

(wolfnemesis75) #25

[QUOTE=Nightingale_001;404250]well,even if its full of conflict
always nice to see there are still brink players thinking of brink sequel[/QUOTE]
Yes, this is true. :slight_smile:

(tactfulgamer) #26

Man!
I would love to see a Brink 2. What a wonderful creation this game.
Even if just dlc gets released for the current version I will be happy.

(zenstar) #27

[QUOTE=tactfulgamer;404440]Man!
I would love to see a Brink 2. What a wonderful creation this game.
Even if just dlc gets released for the current version I will be happy.[/QUOTE]

Again: no more money is heading Brink’s way. That means no more work: DLC, patches, sequels, nothing.

If you want to see any of these things your best bet is to petition Bethesda who own the IP, but they’re unlikely to care unless you drum up enough sentiment for the game. Unfortunately there simply aren’t enough people in the community.

I guess your other option is to find out how much Bethesda is willing to sell the IP for and then start up a kickstarter to buy the IP and hire SD to do Brink 2… Chances of success = slim though.

(TheRedJokester) #28

There’s actually a pretty good decent amount of BRINK players, they’re just always hiding behind COD and other games, not realizing that this game is one of those that have a tremendous amount of potential. My question is: Why are they still keeping the online going if they can’t keep up the stats site page? Why don’t they just make it free-to-play?

(zenstar) #29

Going free to play means a lot of work designing all the microtransactions and then implementing and testing them all. And The game isn’t making enough money to warrant or pay for any more work.
They can’t keep the stats site up because the game isn’t making enough money to pay for the stats site.

Unless you mean “why don’t they just give the game away for free”. If that’s what you mean then you obviously haven’t looked around the stores where it’s sold for about £5 new. That’s practically free to play. Just pretend you unlocked all the costumes for £5.

You know, it dawns on me that I have posted the same thing multiple times now: Brink (owned by Bethesda and not SD) just wasn’t popular enough and didn’t take enough money so there will be no more content and no Brink 2 (unless something really out of the ordinary happens).
All requests about SD doing something - see previous statements about who owns the game.
All requests about changes to the game - see previous statement about no more content.
All requests about sequels - see previous statement about content and profits and ownership.