Brink 2

(XxMASKxX96) #1

in my opinion, BRINK was one of the most funnist and most addicting games that i have every played, but
unfortunantly the story mode was super short and didnt bring much of a story of what had happened, the things that braught the most story were the documents that you were given for leveling up, so to me i feel that when or if they create BRINK 2 they should addept into a better story that brings out information on who these resistance and security beings really are, and what happened to make the world split into a “D day” witch left them helpless and able to create The Ark. in order to succesfully appricate the entire story of brink they need to make it stronger and better than it was before, maybe in a new DLC or just in a new game itself, but other than that, BRINK is once again one of my altime favorite games of all time!

:magicpony: - XxMASKxX96

(Azure19) #2

I Agree 100%.

(INF3RN0) #3

I’d only support a Brink 2 if it actually got up to par with ET in game play and mechanics. Otherwise I would rather have something new, or a sequel to one of the older titles.

(Dormamu) #4

Don’t know, Brink is Beth IP now so a Brink 2 will imply that Beth will have full control and more console aimed. I will rather see a new IP from SD, with different mods for pub/competitive/others aimed from the start for those audience, tailored more or less like W:ET is/was with pub/jaymode/etpro/Osp/Shrub/NQ/TCE/Etf/etc.
If is to hard to make them all at once, they should start with something like pub/pro and make afterward the other mods and sell them as DLC/Game addones. So people will play/buy just the part they like.
What i really want from SD is a new IP released as free only for pub play, and with paid mods for those who want the pro/tce/etf/etc. mods.

(abnorm) #5

Stop dreaming! That will never happen.

(Locki) #6

If only we could get the CEO to read threads like these!

Oh, wait… :slight_smile:

(wolfnemesis75) #7

I’m down with anything Brink.

(Crytiqal) #8

If only we could get the CEO to answer threads like these!

Oh, wait… :slight_smile:

(Not this thread in particular, but maybe something could be said about the linux ded server files for example?)

(tokamak) #9

It was pretty funest yeah :tongue:

(L00fah) #10

… God I hate that.

I agree with the OP though. However, it’s kind of a given at this point and I don’t know anyone who will say otherwise.

(wolfnemesis75) #11

[QUOTE=Locki;378464]If only we could get the CEO to read threads like these!

Oh, wait… :)[/QUOTE]Ha ha ha :slight_smile:

(Azure19) #12

Oh, wait… :)[/QUOTE]Quite a surprise to see founder of Splash Damage and game director of Brink Paul Wedgwood here! :slight_smile:

(FireWorks) #13

Oh, wait… :)[/QUOTE]

Selective perception is bliss

(Stormchild) #14

I think everybody agrees that the background / setting of Brink is rather great, and deserves to be exploited more.

I personally loved it, and the design of the characters as well.

But the very prime reason I have been playing (and enjoying most than any other FPS) SD’s games, is the gameplay.
Brink has good ideas, but also fake godd-ideas / experimentations.

I see no reasons why a potential Brink2 wouldn’t use the critics and feedback of Brink to be better / more balanced in this aspect.

Also, the staff and even the CEO lurks the forum a bit, so I’m sure they will be able to get the best of this… and try to convince Beth or whatelse…

(wolfnemesis75) #15

Brink 2 would be awesome. Four more maps for Brink 1 would be better right now.

(BioSnark) #16

Not that confident that their future games will appeal to the ET series fanbase but I agree completely that SD react to feedback. Regardless of how well it was implemented, Brink is a reaction to the complexity of ET:QW.

(MoonOnAStick) #17

One thing I thought might have helped Brink on PC was an ‘old school’ or ‘classic’ mode with more traditional spread and maybe a limited set of weapons if balancing was too much work.
It would be nice to have some way of extending any default modes without users having to download 3rd party code but I guess if games developers could imagine every interesting permutation there would be no need for mods.

What i really want from SD is a new IP released as free only for pub play, and with paid mods for those who want the pro/tce/etf/etc. mods.

Is this formula viable, though? I thought that the QuakeLive model of free-to-play with money for (early access to) maps and server rentals was going to be a winner, but by all accounts they’ve struggled to make a profit.

(tokamak) #18

Yeah just like they used all the feedback the forum has been supplying for YEARS before they released Brink.

Here’s your reason, SD and Bethesda have started a phantom mainstream crowd of gamers and they’re willing to compromise EVERYTHING that made their previous games so great in order to get that.

(Breo) #19

Brink 2 for NG / W:ET2 + ET:QW2 for PC :smiley:

…and a beta b4 the release would be awesome :D:wink:

(Terminator514) #20

Oh, wait… :)[/QUOTE]

LOL! (ten char limit)