Bodyshooters are still rewarded too much and deployables are now impossible to destroy with snipers

(frostyvampire) #1

I don’t want to make a long rant post. I’ll just get to the point
2 bodyshots still kill everyone, the nerf only really helped Fragger.
PDP still requires no skill.
And now, it takes 3 shots to destroy Bush turrets and Turtle shields (from behind) with steady. And as Aimee you can’t do a 1 sniper shot + 1 pistol on health stations anymore (unless you use the deagle).
Please, just rework the damage again. Maybe reward headshots more too.

MoA:
-55 bodyshot damage (2 bodyshots kill on mercs with 110hp or less)
-160 headshot damage (insta gib Aura + Sparks and mercs with 60hp or less)
-90 damage vs deployables (1 shot Aura health stations, 2 shot anything else)

FEL-IX:
-59 bodyshot damage (2 bodyshots kill on mercs with 110hp or less)
-170 headshot damage (insta gib Aura + Sparks and mercs with 70hp or less, 1 shot kill against Thunder, 1 shot kill against Rhino with SNITCH debuff)
-100 damage vs deployables (1 shot Aura health stations, 2 shot anything else)

PDP:
-40 bodyshot damage (requires 2 shots to kill Aura and Sparks and 3 shots to kill
-80 headshot damage (can only 1 shot Aura/Sparks)
-50 damage vs deployables (2 shot health station, 3 shot anything else)
-Increase clip size

Grandeur:
-32 bodyshot damage (like now)
-88 headshot damage (so 1 head + 1 body kills 120hp mercs)
-40 damage vs deployables (3 shot most deployables)

I wanted to make a post ranting about being unable to 2 shot Bush turrets but it wouldn’t be a Frosty post if there were no salt in here

(henki000) #2

Let me tell you a true story:

I’m level 73 and have played aimee 40, vasilli 23 and redeye 6 hours. Few levels ago, one dark night, I decided it would be fun to play some SW in Dirty Bomb. I picked Swiss Aimee with FEL-IX and headed to nearest crowded but open EU server. There was no level limitations and I know i’m pretty much garbage with snipers. After joining, I hit the tab and see people from 10-50 levels, mostly 10-30 in my team. Map was underground and the game was already halfway, we were defending medbay. Allright, I hit F2 and run and kill first stoker in roof. Enemy sniper kills me. I heard this vote sound, but really dont pay much attention. I’m too rushed to spawn second time and run to escalator and body shot few times people and get wounded. Enemy team gets C4 to medbay. I pay attention to vote, since i’m nearly dying and wondering if we can make it me playing sniper. Vote kick Henki, wtf? I ask why and see this message, “Henki please switch”. It’s about 1 minute playtime until I get kicked. After got kicked in lobby, I start thinking what went wrong. This wasnt first time I got kicked because playing sniper.

I didnt notice kick vote until it was too late. I did not pick proxy or sparks, because there was already bushwhacker and other medics. I wanted to play sniper, because I feel like thats my weakest skillset. Dirty Bomb should be fun and friendly game to play, but this incident clearly shows something else. The dark side of DB is full of these must win people that dont accept anything else than metagaming with best loadouts and mercs. I have played snipers 69 hours and i’m still shit in the eyes of those 10-30 levels. It leaves me only wonder what new players have to suffer, before they get accepted by the community. My conclusion is that they first save up their credits to sniper class merc and then they get kick voted out the servers. That probably exile them soon enough and leaves only master snipers to game. Because master snipers are only people that are allowed to play snipers, it makes people wonder in forums that they should be nerfed.

(watsyurdeal) #3

There’s no reason to change the PDP any more than it has been, it’s been through every possible change, and at this point people just love to complain.

Even in it’s current state, I still get complaints from people when I use the Grandeur, and I am primarily going for headshots now. Keep in mind, the inconsistency of the spread, the aim punch, and people still complain. It’s getting ridiculous.

(frostyvampire) #4

@watsyurdeal said:
There’s no reason to change the PDP any more than it has been, it’s been through every possible change, and at this point people just love to complain.

Even in it’s current state, I still get complaints from people when I use the Grandeur, and I am primarily going for headshots now. Keep in mind, the inconsistency of the spread, the aim punch, and people still complain. It’s getting ridiculous.

I agree PDP sucks but I don’t think you should be rewarded so much for a no skill weapon, especially on Redeye. Snipers are supposed to be high risk high reward with a punishment for missing.
PDP is not high risk and has no punishment for missing but still a pretty high reward. Especially on pubs because there are usually a lot of Auras and Proxys there.
It also gives you a huge advantage in a 1v1 against Aimee since you both need 1 headshot or 2 bodyshots to kill the enemy, but the PDP has a fast fire rate.

Every time I use the PDP I get kills I don’t deserve with almost no effort, + 50% kills if I use Redeye.

(watsyurdeal) #5

And I could say the same thing with certain mercs and certain weapons, I could argue the Shotguns are a no skill weapon, the Mines, Arty Strikes, Naders Nades, all no skill weapons. Heck I could argue that of full autos since all you have to do is spray, especially SMGs.

At the end of the day, just because something is easy to use doesn’t mean it’s broken or whatever, and people keep having this idea about Sniper and how it’s supposed to be, yet if it were actually that hard NOBODY would play it. Because the risk would not be worth it. There is a reason I prefer the Grandeur, because I can still be useful up front with my team rather than hiding in the back. Despite it’s ridiculous bodyshot nerf.

(frostyvampire) #6

@watsyurdeal said:
And I could say the same thing with certain mercs and certain weapons, I could argue the Shotguns are a no skill weapon, the Mines, Arty Strikes, Naders Nades, all no skill weapons. Heck I could argue that of full autos since all you have to do is spray, especially SMGs.

At the end of the day, just because something is easy to use doesn’t mean it’s broken or whatever, and people keep having this idea about Sniper and how it’s supposed to be, yet if it were actually that hard NOBODY would play it. Because the risk would not be worth it. There is a reason I prefer the Grandeur, because I can still be useful up front with my team rather than hiding in the back. Despite it’s ridiculous bodyshot nerf.

Nader’s nades ARE noskill though.
The other perks have something to counter them. Mines require the enemy to be unaware, airstrikes have a long cooldown and you have to use them tactically.

And as an Aimee main, I find myself useful at any range with the FEL-IX. Sure it’s harder at close range but still useful

But you got me on the SMG’s : 3

@frostyvampire said:

Nader’s nades ARE noskill though.

Depends on how they’re used, in my opinion. Spamming in the general direction of enemies is pretty sorry and can catch some not paying attention, but after that first 'nade goes off everyone clears out - and that’s arguably her job. Spamming into an mg nest, healing station, shield, or to protect a bomb plant is effective. It’s what they should do. But are direct hits, angles off walls, long range shots, and an ability to use the launcher in close quarters without being punished for switching all “no skill”? Idk, don’t really agree with that. I think most nooby spam Naders are extremely easy to counter. Yeah though, just about every merc has something someone isn’t happy with. It is what it is.

(GabebutGood) #8

@frostyvampire said:

I don’t want to make a long rant post. I’ll just get to the point
2 bodyshots still kill everyone, the nerf only really helped Fragger.
PDP still requires no skill.
And now, it takes 3 shots to destroy Bush turrets and Turtle shields (from behind) with steady. And as Aimee you can’t do a 1 sniper shot + 1 pistol on health stations anymore (unless you use the deagle).
Please, just rework the damage again. Maybe reward headshots more too.

MoA:
-55 bodyshot damage (2 bodyshots kill on mercs with 110hp or less)
-160 headshot damage (insta gib Aura + Sparks and mercs with 60hp or less)
-90 damage vs deployables (1 shot Aura health stations, 2 shot anything else)

FEL-IX:
-59 bodyshot damage (2 bodyshots kill on mercs with 110hp or less)
-170 headshot damage (insta gib Aura + Sparks and mercs with 70hp or less, 1 shot kill against Thunder, 1 shot kill against Rhino with SNITCH debuff)
-100 damage vs deployables (1 shot Aura health stations, 2 shot anything else)

PDP:
-40 bodyshot damage (requires 2 shots to kill Aura and Sparks and 3 shots to kill
-80 headshot damage (can only 1 shot Aura/Sparks)
-50 damage vs deployables (2 shot health station, 3 shot anything else)
-Increase clip size

Grandeur:
-32 bodyshot damage (like now)
-88 headshot damage (so 1 head + 1 body kills 120hp mercs)
-40 damage vs deployables (3 shot most deployables)

I wanted to make a post ranting about being unable to 2 shot Bush turrets but it wouldn’t be a Frosty post if there were no salt in here

If anything I think snipers are in “fine” spot if not bad spot. The PDP pre nerf I will give you it was way too rewarding, however now I think its really not worth using snipers because its that much harder. I haven’t really seen anyone use the PDP since nerf and if they were it wasn’t as dominating as it was, heck I switched from a Swiss PDP redeye to a dreissr.

Also I don’t understand the notion that bodyshotting requires no skill, with the PDP yes its easier, however you really don’t get the time to be hitting 3 body shots now. I feel like you could argue that hitting body shots with ARs and SMGs are too easy and head shots are the only way to not be a noob. The main reason you go for body shots is for consistent DPS.

(GatoCommodore) #9

other classes are using more than 3 rounds to kill deployables like sentry or health station and i dont see anyone ranting about it.

(frostyvampire) #10

@GatoCommodore said:
other classes are using more than 3 rounds to kill deployables like sentry or health station and i dont see anyone ranting about it.

You can destroy a health station with less than 10 bullets. And firing 10 bullets with an assault rifle takes less time than firing 2 shots with a sniper. Even less time with SMG’s.

You also don’t have a delay with assault rifles and SMG’s, you can fire at the deployable and then quickly switch to an enemy player. With a sniper, you can’t really do that.

I’ve never had issues destroying deployables with SMG’s or rifles (except health stations but they are just OP in general which needs a thread of it’s own)

(GatoCommodore) #11

@frostyvampire said:

@GatoCommodore said:

You can destroy a health station with less than 10 bullets. And firing 10 bullets with an assault rifle takes less time than firing 2 shots with a sniper. Even less time with SMG’s.

You also don’t have a delay with assault rifles and SMG’s, you can fire at the deployable and then quickly switch to an enemy player. With a sniper, you can’t really do that.

I’ve never had issues destroying deployables with SMG’s or rifles (except health stations but they are just OP in general which needs a thread of it’s own)

then again snipers got infinite range advantage such as having a scope, no damage falloff, no need to be near enemies

sniper main role is Anti-Infantry anyway, most of the kill can be achieved with one click without the health station effects kicking in.