Bionic and Healing Pulse Buff Idea

(TheStrangerous) #1

What if both pulses could go through walls/material objects?
Guardian’s buffle could compete with Spark’s revifle and Phoenix’s Healing Pulse with Sawbonez’s medpacks.
Got this idea while looking at Phantom’s EMP field.

(Your worst knifemare.) #2

I personally think Phoenix doesn’t need it, but it would be nice for Guardy could rez around corners.

(Da_Mummy) #3

I always wanted the both to be buffed in some way and this just might be a step in the right direction.
It’s so painful sometimes when you want to fully heal your team with Phoenix and just because a tiny edge got in the way you have to wait 18 Seconds again. Same for Guardian

(woodchip) #4

You can’t buff Guardian at all. 110 HP plus fast move speed plus ARs plus any kind of utility and a rez is just too good. Rez is stronger than all of the fire support abilities and her baseline kit (speed, health, hitbox, guns) makes her competitive as a rifleman vs skyhammer and crew (she’s even favored in duels).

The only reason she isn’t purely OP is that she’s awful as a solo medic. Improving her even to the point where her Rez doesn’t feel so wonky anymore is just going to make her a much superior firesupport on any non EV map. You see this effect if you ever play against a Guardian with 2+ other medics on her team. At that point effectively the enemy riflemen are slightly better at dueling and also have an AoE rez for their medics. It’s over the top powerful because it essentially nullifies the advantage you usually get for killing enemy medics.

In conclusion, you can add Guardians to your team without sacrificing much combat upside other than anti-EV. You can have an entire team with rez for minimal cost to combat power. I would be extremely cautious with buffing her even allowing for the fact that her rez feels painfully weak at times.

Obviously her health should be 100. If not 90. Then there would be space to make her medic kit less anemic.

(Rokon2) #5

@Lord_Coctus said:
I personally think Phoenix doesn’t need it, but it would be nice for Guardy could rez around corners.

I feel like they’ll be able to address it once they address the ongoing bugs on her currently, like how I’m unable to res someone from the outside through a window, an issue I find myself in often in some maps.

(NK.NewNightmare) #6

@TheStrangerous said:
What if both pulses could go through walls/material objects?
Guardian’s buffle could compete with Spark’s revifle and Phoenix’s Healing Pulse with Sawbonez’s medpacks.
Got this idea while looking at Phantom’s EMP field.

Good idea, I think that could bring a perfect improvement/fix on Guardian’s problem

(ARandomLugia) #7

Guardian could use some loving and that might just be the way, but I am not sure if it is the right course of action though with her.

(Eox) #8

Considering how small the AoE is, I don’t think it would be that much of a meaningful change to be honest. Might at the very least be useful around corners, but that’s about it.

(TheStrangerous) #9

I still remember people suggesting heal grenade.

Perhaps revive grenade would’ve been better.
Revive Glove is the same joke as Power Glove.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #10

Make it so her revive bubble can heal too, maybe like 50 hp when fully charged.