big mistake you may not of noticed...

(Nail) #21

He can bash any game he wants, doesn’t bother me, but you coming here and posting stuff about a person, not a game, now that’s petty and childish and annoys the hell out of me, go tell your mommy, she cares, we don’t

(mouseumk) #22

You’ll completely change your mind if Odium keeps posting. :lol:

(Salteh) #23

O’dium hasn’t done anything wrong / bad / annoying here yet. So I don’t see why you’d have to warn us about him. Surely if he’s a tit/twat we’ll find out eventually?
His thread here is decent… I don’t see any ET bashing…

I do see you bashing O’dium… on a forum where he hasn’t done anything wrong yet :frowning:

(Wils) #24

You know, one of odium’s two posts is well-thought out and politely stated. The other is a response to your ‘warning’, which is reasonably politely stated given the context.

In my mind that puts him ahead, in terms of his contribution to these forums, of someone who thinks Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is a clone of the Quakeworld mod Team Fortress.

(Nail) #25

well, you sure told me
now go tell your mommy, I still don’t care, this is a gaming forum, not a “He’s a big meanie” forum

(mouseumk) #26

Well, you must admit it is, which isn’t a bad thing. It’s a copy of Q3F which is a copy of Q1 TF. :smiley:

(mouseumk) #27

“yet” being the keyword here. Give it time. :blah:

(Nail) #28

well, I gave it an hour and a half, you’re still way more annoying

(Wils) #29

Have you played either game? at all? :slight_smile:

Or, alternatively, do you consider Call of Duty a clone of Action Quake 2?

In any case, stop flaming odium.

(mouseumk) #30

I have played all the games. Didn’t Splash Damage get its roots from Q3F? The similarity is so blantantly obvious, why kid yourselves? It’s not an insult, it’s a tribute to a great era. Q1 TF is probably one of the greatest team-play mods ever made. Why take offense if its where you get your insipirations from?

(odium) #31

Thank you.

For the none IQ challenged, the only “gripe” I have with Quake 4 is that the feel is less Quake 2 and more generic action game. That’s true. I do like the look, and look forward to when its going to be released. It’s a very smart feel to the game, but a little too clean for my liking. Then again, I wouldn’t be happy unless it was exactly like Quake 2 only in high poly, and coming from a project where our goal is to remake Quake 2 media and put it in our Per Pixel lit Quake 2 source port, its obvious I would feel that way.

Now, one thing I do feel strongly about, is the Strogg. I really dislike the way they look in Quake 4, they just seem to bright, too colourful. In Enemy Territory : Quake Wars, the Strogg look nothing short of amazing. Dead grey skin, with dead white eyes, dark red coagulated blood and dark grey/brown armor with rough logos on… Perfection. Its exactly what I would of done myself.

So yes, I do have a few gripes with Quake 4, but it wont stop me playing it and enjoying it.

I would also like to state the reason I was banned from the Doom 3 forum (Can I just point out I’ve been mod at Q3W about 5 times now). The reason I was banned from “just” that area is because while posting a tweaked configuration file that upped the detail of Doom 3’s graphics, I made the mistake of saying “It makes even doom 3’s blurry textures look better” or something. Of course, EVERYBODY and their cat jumped on in to defend doom, and I ended up in a flame war. After discussion with raw (The admin) on msn, we decided its best that I just stop posting there for a while. I was re-instated about a week later.

Facts I’m sure the above mystery man managed to leave out.

So no, I mean you no harm, or to flame you. I’ve said the one thing that bugs me, and that’s all I have to “moan” about.

Keep up the good work, I hope to see more of it soon (in the form of that e3 video WITH SOUND please, that video rocked)

(Wils) #32

I’m not taking offense - I think you’re completely wrong to think that ET is a “clone of Team Fortress”. It just isn’t.

I play ETF avidly, btw, so I think I’m in a position to judge which is the clone of TF :slight_smile:

(SCDS_reyalP) #33

Oh yes, an FPS that has classes and objectives… so similar. Just like a Ferrari is a clone of a Model T Ford. 4 wheels ? Check. Piston engine ? Check. Rear drive ? Check. :banana:

(odium) #34

ET is a clone of TF, the same way that Call Of Duty was a close of Medal Of Honor. Why? Because it was set in WW2 with old style battles of course. Same way CTF is just Team Deathmatch with flags I guess?

ET was a very surprising game. I loved to play RtCW, but ET really did help that along, and with it being free, anybody could jump on and play. It did share a few things with team fortress, classes, wow. But the core game needed to be played differently. If you jsut jumped in and played it like TF, you would get owned.

(mouseumk) #35

This thread is amusing. I’ll have to point to it in a few months when things take a turn.

(odium) #36

Things take a turn? I was only expecting to have 2 or so posts here just to see if it was known about the TCM/EDF thing. Your the one on 17 posts when, a few hours ago when i posted this (my first post) you was on 2…?

Let it go man.

(Wils) #37

Some people think being subtle allows them to get away with things they’ve been asked not to do.

(mouseumk) #38

Points for wit?

(DarkangelUK) #39

Clone = identical copy… meaning the same in every way.

(Wils) #40

Thin ice?