Balance promotion/demotion when leavers

(ErethilClaw) #1

I’m not a “pro Player”, i considerer myself just as someone that wants play and have fun, but likes have a little of competition and objectives in game, so i playe ranked, because i like the 5v5 ( i think is the otptimun population for DB maps ) i like to think i will set in a game with teammates and oponents with similar “level” as me.

The true is a lot of times i see how people doesn’t help to acomplish the objectives, is fragging around the map, don’t pick useful mercs for the map… but the worst is when has passed 5 min of a match, the first objective is not complete and some rager is bullying to surrender the match, begins to kill teammates because they one to continue and then disconnects.

I have lost 4 ranks today, in all the matches has been a 4vs5, is don’t think is fair.

pd. I don’t understand how the matchmaking system can put me in a team with unranked players.

(Press E) #2

Ranked is terrible, and it has been for a long time.

Sadly since they removed min level servers, the only real alternative is clan-dedicated servers, like the TaW ones. Although come to think of it, I haven’t seen any in a while, so I’m not even sure if they’re still around. But they were about as close to ranked as you could get without horrible matchmaking and everything else.

(GatoCommodore) #3

@ErethilClaw said:
I’m not a “pro Player”, i considerer myself just as someone that wants play and have fun, but likes have a little of competition and objectives in game, so i playe ranked, because i like the 5v5 ( i think is the otptimun population for DB maps ) i like to think i will set in a game with teammates and oponents with similar “level” as me.

The true is a lot of times i see how people doesn’t help to acomplish the objectives, is fragging around the map, don’t pick useful mercs for the map… but the worst is when has passed 5 min of a match, the first objective is not complete and some rager is bullying to surrender the match, begins to kill teammates because they one to continue and then disconnects.

I have lost 4 ranks today, in all the matches has been a 4vs5, is don’t think is fair.

pd. I don’t understand how the matchmaking system can put me in a team with unranked players.

i keep screaming on my prayer to god so that he may raise level restriction to 25 but god wont answer

(StIwY) #4

Here we go. Got demoted twice, from gold agent, in less than 24 hours, because of leavers.

(Press E) #5

@StIwY said:
Here we go. Got demoted twice, from gold agent, in less than 24 hours, because of leavers.

This post is over a month old. Lots of people have complained about leavers before, no reason to necro this thread.

(ThePigVomit) #6

Leavers cost me 10 losses in a row.

Went from Silver Officer, to silver agent ( or whatever the single bar silver is)

I got to gold agent and couldn’t hold that due to leavers as well, was almost back to it when my current catastrophe occurred.

(StIwY) #7

@ThePigVomit said:

Went from Silver Officer, to silver agent ( or whatever the single bar silver is)

I got to gold agent and couldn’t hold that due to leavers as well, was almost back to it when my current catastrophe occurred.

Remember that you could leave the match if someone leaves, without penalties.

(n-x) #8

You can leave without a match making penalty after a while. You still lose ranked XP, thou.

(StIwY) #9

@n-x said:
You can leave without a match making penalty after a while. You still lose ranked XP, thou.

Yes, but much more better than people which can’t just press page-up to vote for surrender, and you have to struggle for 20 mins without any hope to win. Very frustrating.

(n-x) #10

@StIwY Well, thats not what you said…

(ThePigVomit) #11

@StIwY said:

@ThePigVomit said:

Remember that you could leave the match if someone leaves, without penalties.

You don’t get a matchmaking penalty, but THE RESULT still counts. 3v5 still gives a loss like 4v5 does…

(StIwY) #12

St> @n-x said:

I used to accept to play 4vs5 or hopeless matches, but after a twice demotion i can’t get it anymore. Why i have to waste 20mins ? I’ll leave and search another match, since i will get a loss in both cases. Surrender vote ? People seems just too dumb to press page-up button. Maybe it’s a kind of illness…

(K1X455) #13
  • Leavers
  • Grievers
  • Cheaters
  • Trolls - those that destroy health/ammo station, turret or set off your mine prematurely
  • there’s match miners too… they like stay at spawn jump up and down and run around do nothing.

(n-x) #14

@StIwY said:
St> @n-x said:

I used to accept to play 4vs5 or hopeless matches, but after a twice demotion i can’t get it anymore. Why i have to waste 20mins ? I’ll leave and search another match, since i will get a loss in both cases. Surrender vote ? People seems just too dumb to press page-up button. Maybe it’s a kind of illness…

Your ability to stay on point makes me really sad. Holy shit.