Auto-spawn

(Press E) #1

Can we please get rid of it? I honestly don’t see a reason to keep it at all honestly. At most autospawn someone five seconds or so past the spawnwave, not immediately.
The only thing it does for me is mess up my merc selections, respawning me before I can chose one if you die with only a couple of seconds before the spawn timers. And sure, you can select a new merc before you die as well, but that usually just ends up shooting me in the foot when I change my mind and forget that I selected a different merc.
It’s a small thing sure, but it annoys the hell out of me.

(neverplayseriou) #2

spawn nading is already retarded enough on obj with people spawning way too late, no need to ruin stopwatch.

(kittz0r) #3

way low skilled players want to change the game by 180%… you not good enough to press 1 out of 3 Buttons during your lifetime?

(Sorotia) #4

@kittz0r said:
way low skilled players want to change the game by 180%… you not good enough to press 1 out of 3 Buttons during your lifetime?

Yeah…because someone with almost 900 posts is new to this game.

Maybe use a little logic? I agree with Starry, there are times where I literally die like 2 seconds before spawn and even before I can think about changing mercs it puts me back into the game.

(GatoCommodore) #5

the auto spawn is pretty annoying but it rarely happened to me…

(ClemClem7) #6

Or they can disable autospawn completely, it’s not like it’s game breaking. I dont even see the point of it.
I don’t like when the game choose for me to spawn when I don’t want to (when I’m in the settings for example)

(Szakalot) #7

@neverplayseriou said:
spawn nading is already retarded enough on obj with people spawning way too late, no need to ruin stopwatch

its the other way: Silly symmetrical spawns, autospawn, and live feed of newly
spawned players makes spawnnades too easy. ET spawntrap strats where a lot more exciting

(znuund) #8

what priority would you give your issue from 0 - 100 and where would you list your issue regarding the present list of issues we would like to have fixed?

(K1X455) #9

The reason why autospawn isn’t enabled is because the game allows you to have a conscientious decision to spawn with the chosen merc. In case you wanted to switch to another merc, an autospawn can pre-empt that decision process and you might miss the opportunity to switch so @kittz0r makes sense.

(Press E) #10

@znuund said:
what priority would you give your issue from 0 - 100 and where would you list your issue regarding the present list of issues we would like to have fixed?

If you don’t have anything important to add, then don’t comment, simple as that. Of course it’s not a game breaking issue for me. Stop suggesting that having more pressing issues means you can’t discuss smaller ones.

Besides, it shouldn’t even be difficult to change. It’s more like removing a feature, rather than adding one.

@K1X455 said:
The reason why autospawn isn’t enabled is because the game allows you to have a conscientious decision to spawn with the chosen merc. In case you wanted to switch to another merc, an autospawn can pre-empt that decision process and you might miss the opportunity to switch so @kittz0r makes sense.

What?
Autospawn is enabled for one, and kittz is pro-autospawn, not against it.

(Nail) #11

hmm, spawn when you want…

seems that might lead to suicide to get full health and ammo and spawn instantly

(K1X455) #12

@STARRYSOCK said:

@znuund said:

If you don’t have anything important to add, then don’t comment, simple as that. Of course it’s not a game breaking issue for me. Stop suggesting that having more pressing issues means you can’t discuss smaller ones.

Besides, it shouldn’t even be difficult to change. It’s more like removing a feature, rather than adding one.

@K1X455 said:

What?

Don’t you have to press SPACE BAR to spawn?

(GatoCommodore) #13

@K1X455 said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

@znuund said:

@K1X455 said:

What?

Don’t you have to press SPACE BAR to spawn?

sometimes if you die fast enough it will respawn you automatically
i rarely ecounter this tho

(nokiII) #14

You only get force spawned in stopwatch if you’re gibbed. If you lie around not gibbed you can miss an entire spawnwave if you want to…

In objective you’ll never get force spawned, no matter if gibbed or not.

(Press E) #15

@Nail said:
hmm, spawn when you want…

seems that might lead to suicide to get full health and ammo and spawn instantly

That’s not what I’m suggesting. Spawn timers are important, being instantly spawned once the spawn timer is up is bad.

(K1X455) #16

@GatoCommodore said:

I rarely encounter this as well and attribute it to latency discrepancies

(Press E) #17

@K1X455 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

As @nokill said, on stopwatch when you’ve been gibbed, as soon as the spawn timer is up you get respawned. It’s a very predictable thing, but annoying none the less.

Unless you’re talking about something else entirely though, but I think what you might be describing was fixed a while ago. I remember reading about a fix for a bug where players sometimes instantly respawned.

(GatoCommodore) #18

@STARRYSOCK said:

@K1X455 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

As @nokill said, on stopwatch when you’ve been gibbed, as soon as the spawn timer is up you get respawned. It’s a very predictable thing, but annoying none the less.

Unless you’re talking about something else entirely though, but I think what you might be describing was fixed a while ago. I remember reading about a fix for a bug where players sometimes instantly respawned.

on which update?

(K1X455) #19

@STARRYSOCK said:

@K1X455 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

Then I think it qualifies as a bug and it should be reported

(Press E) #20

@GatoCommodore said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

@K1X455 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

on which update?

Not sure, it was a while ago though. Around the time of the mofo update I think? But I really have no idea, I’m terrible with dates, lol. You could probably find it in the old changelogs though.

I had assumed they fixed it, but who knows, they might have accidentally brought it back