Augment Idea List #9238

(HadronZodiac) #1

Ik ive done this one before, but honestly adding to it wont make anymore people notice it. So ima just revamp some augments and provide some more

A - Ion Battery = +15% lifetime/heat maximum of spotting abilities
(Aka redeye can use his IR goggles for ~15 seconds)
B - Refined Bullets = Bullets pierce 1 enemy
(Imo would be great on semi-auto sniper loadouts)
C - Man Hunt = +25% Spot lifetime
(Spot lifetime of hunter arrow, emp, ir goggles, snitch increase /// For vasilli the overall speed of
the spotting rythim increases)
D - Frak Bullets = Bullets do +50% damage to destroyable objectives
(For fun, taking out evs and generators quicker [typically the last bit of health on one])
E - EM Storm = Increases EMP blast AoE by 15%
(To take out spread out deployables or just keep the enemy team at bay)
F - Energized Defense = Turtle shield recieves -21% damage from bullets
(Fun lil augment)
G - Effecient Computing = Deployables deploy 33% faster
(Jeebus on sky shield)
H - Pitcher = +15% Projectile speed
(Idk, extra fun for javelin and fletcher .-.)
I - Extended Product = +15% Melee range
(better for lower range melee weapons tbh /// Ulus suck btw, BUFF THEM DEVS)
K - Sturdy = -10% spread when croutching

L - Refined Explosives = +15% objective damage (for explosives, molotov, and kira laser)

M - Burstfire = +10% firerate for .2 seconds after decloaking
(To encourage gunner phantom, because katana crutch is just too much :C)

Still random ideas i threw together, some i actually really would like to see however

I like ideas B and D, although I’m not confident in their ability to implement a pierce mechanic without breaking 15 other things. On one hand I’ve wanted something like this to be a thing, but on the other I could see some issues (not just bugs) arising from it. Blocking narrow hallways with an ammo station is hilarious, though. Idk. Lot to think about with this one. Would it apply to explosive splash damage as well or just bullets? No more body-blocking meatshields that magically absorb the radius of a frag or rocket?

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #3

Red Eye should be able to use his ir scanner constantly since it’s a part of him. Wish the cyber eyed Proxy cards would grant something similar.

(kopyright) #4

+80% might be a bit overkill, but that could be adjusted after implementation to balance things. Being able to deal some additional damage to EVs and generators would certainly come in handy.

(HadronZodiac) #5

No as its just for bullets, imo you shouldnt need an augment to make rockets do their job and blow shit up

DEVS - PLZ FIX THISSSS

Indeed, but i doubt devs will do much

Yeah ;/
i want frak bullets on a rhino loadout just to see what would happen

(kopyright) #6

:grin:

(Press E) #7

Giving recons more spotting time would be eh, especially since it’s already very long as it is. Vassili effectively has no down time with his heartbeat censor as long as he places it somewhere well.

I’d actually like this, but maybe as a passive ability on a certain merc rather than a perk. Bodyblocking objectives and whatnot is a thing in DB after all, and not knowing who that’s ineffective against is eh

Same deal with A. Spotting is already an absolute meme, so unless it was nerfed before hand idk about adding perks to buff it. An increase to spotting rythem for vassili will also mean he’ll end up with significantly more XP than non manhunt vassilis, which is eh too

There are already so many effective ways to take out objectives that we really don’t need more. Players shouldn’t be rewarded for not bringing the right mercs either. Ultimately it just makes things worse for attackers, who have to spend even more time repairing objectives, an already very boring task

EMP’d deployables already stay EMP’d for several seconds, so I’m not sure if he’d be able to use the second charge even with the 10% cloak time increase. Plus getting your deployable EMP’d is already bad enough, probably not a great idea to add more.

Kinda redundant since turtle already has access to the steady augment or whatever it is, which increases his shield health by 20% or whatever.

Fuck yes please

(HadronZodiac) #8

I just want it on Redeye, since i love using his IR goggles, with or without smoke

Also, then dont put it on vasilli loadouts, problem solved

Imo body blocking shouldn’t be a viable tactic in any warfare anyways

Increases spotting rythym just means the downtime between hear beats decreases by 25%, not sure how exp would be effected since you only get exp for first spotting them anyways…

Also, mostly just want on redeye and hunter since redeye is pops and hunter arrow feels unrewarding, you land a lead shot and spot someone for like .9 seconds…

A lot of abilities dont do enough damage to an objective, and you have some health left taht would be very ineffecient to take out using another charge (lets say arty does 2/3 damage but 40 second cooldown, waiting an extra 40 seconds just for that 33% hp is inefficient). Thats where this augment comes in

Also still wanna see rhino with it (BEGONE DESTROYABLE OBJECTIVE)

Honestly I can agree, im thinking of changing it to increases emp blast radius instead

I can either increase the augment so its better (so its technically more health added, but only applies to bullets) or devs can just put loadouts with both for a better shield

frrrrrrr

(Press E) #9

Sounds more like they should just buff redeye and hunter then lol. Cause keep in mind augments take up a slot that could be used by something else.

It is already and people have built strategies around it, so best not to mess with that. DB is just a game after all, not true “warfare”. Besides, making it inconsistent and unpredictable on top of that isn’t the best implementation, better to know when a strategy won’t be effective.

Yeah but you have to consider how many people will just sit on an ammo station and shoot at the EV. It’s pretty easy to hit the EV directly, and 2 arty charges are enough. If you don’t manage to destroy it with that, then you shouldn’t be given an easy pass.
Plus it’s pretty unlikely for arty to be the only person capable of damaging the EV. Usually you’ll also have a nader or fletcher who can easily finish off that last bit. If you don’t have anyone, then you really don’t deserve to have it destroyed, it’s not fair to the attacking team who are usually already up against a billion explosive mercs.

Just noticed the bullet only part, but it’s pretty unnecessary. People usually don’t destroy shields with bullets anyways, at least enough for 10% to make a massive difference. It’s mostly done with explosives or people running in behind it. Either way it doesn’t massively change anything and would just take up an extra perk slot.

(HadronZodiac) #10

Yeah i do agree a buff would be nice, but eh an augment is always fun too, idk maybe both…

Fine, refined bullets makes sniper streaks red, and that spark animation when a gun hits something becomes red too…

If we are really going to go on about appropriate team comp, keep in mind guardian shuts down those nibbas, so its nice to be able to do some damage to the EV using your gun, even nicer with frak bullets

Imo youd be surprised how many people use bullets on it, also not really, it got buffed and would make a really nice shield with both steady and this augment

PS: New augments listed for u to critique (harshly, jk)