Asus H87M-PRO motherboard

(Bestfinlandball) #1

Does someone know if this is a proprietary design.

Might be a dumb question but i know little of computer hardware.

(GatoCommodore) #2

me too

(henki000) #3

I would look something with lga 1151, 2011-3 or AM4 socket, if you are building brand new computer. I’m not a fan of Asus products, so you might want to concider other manufacturers. I have some old asus mobo back in the days < 2010 and its still working. But what bush radio tells me, there might be problems with bios or factory defect. If you are giving some old gear (cpu,ram etc) a new life, then it might be ok. I would then concider economical variants, but hey I dont know your deal.

(M4st0d0n) #4

Here lies the old ruins of Asus.

(Bestfinlandball) #5

@henki000 said:
I would look something with lga 1151, 2011-3 or AM4 socket, if you are building brand new computer. I’m not a fan of Asus products, so you might want to concider other manufacturers. I have some old asus mobo back in the days < 2010 and its still working. But what bush radio tells me, there might be problems with bios or factory defect. If you are giving some old gear (cpu,ram etc) a new life, then it might be ok. I would then concider economical variants, but hey I dont know your deal.

I would of course get a newer motherboard, but this is the board in my current computer, and my ~450€ budget is barely enough to upgrade my graphics card and power supply, and those are the components which i really need to upgrade.

(xSil3nt) #6

It is not a proprietary design, you will be able to fit it in any case that support the micro-atx form factor.

(Bestfinlandball) #7

@xSil3nt said:
It is not a proprietary design, you will be able to fit it in any case that support the micro-atx form factor.

Thank you, I really hoped this was the case, as the current case is an ugly black box.

(xSil3nt) #8

@Bestfinlandball said:

@xSil3nt said:

Thank you, I really hoped this was the case, as the current case is an ugly black box.

Haha… I used a used dell optiplex case for a year… it was horrible… i feel you bro.