ARTBOOK for brink

(tomas overbai) #1

To the art staff of Brink, Well done I have never spent more time in a character creation screen practice sketching body types. And good luck working out some of the technical aspects of the game for the programmers. After opening the light body type my enjoyment of the game increased quite a bit, the other types seemed sluggish.

Is there an artbook available showcasing the unique look of Brink?

If not is one being produced and just not out yet?

If not making one is there a website with lots of art from the game?

Thanks Tomas.

(Loffy) #2

A book like Raising the Bar or Masters of Doom, you mean? Cool idea. The developers/producers have material, for sure. But will there be enough buyers? I guess that is the main question that needs to be asked.

(SphereCow) #3

I would buy it. : P

(Almneo09) #4

I know I would buy such a book. When I had my PS2 a while back I had the Final Fantasy X & X2 books with the art and stuff… As an artist myself I love looking at art styles and concepts of games.

(shovon) #5

I agree with this, a book would be great as the story of the ARK is so rich and the design elements are really cool.

The game art I have seen resembles Syd Mead (a futurist concept designer who helped design 2001, Bladerunner, Alien amongst others). The idea of this brave new eco world falling into conflict and disorder is fantastic. The bright blue skies and shiny futuristic architecture juxtaposed with the the rust and turmoil of container city is just superb. A book along the lines of the ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual’ would be just perfect. I want to read about how the different archetypes came to be, about their different types of clothing and equipment. Is ‘The Eel’ some kind of futuristic navy seal? What made ‘The Anger’ so angry? I want to know the technical details of the Helicopers and the planes, I want maps of the ARK and its surroundings. How far away from San Francisco is it? Please :wink:

I fear that possibly sales of the game have not been enough to warrant them releasing a book which is a shame and can only hope that more art and background story will be released online in the near future. I also hope that Bethesda and Splash Damage haven’t been perturbed by the negative reviews from game sites and from some people on here (who just don’t get the concept of the game, being that it is a ‘strategic’ FPS) and continue to release DLC and more games based on the ARK.

(ProjectSpitfire) #6

Agreed. I have a few game art books, my favourite being the Mass Effect one (though its no surprise, as Im a total ME fanboy).

Brinks art style was one of the major reasons I bought the game; the colour and stylisation breaking away from the hyper realistic gritty grey norm.

The art and craftsmanship that goes into video games deserve more respect.

(Achtung) #7

Monser Hunter and Metal Gear Solid art books are beyond incredible.

I actually looked through the Brink guide in hopes of some good art, but nadda.

Im all for a Brink Artbook!

(.FROST.) #8

Just recently discovered that site. Most of the weapons and props should be familiar to the devote BRINK-player, but there’s also a variety of different versions of allready known stuff, as well as entirely new items and weapons. Also the functionality of some props became much clearer to me. Like for example the colapse mechanism of the pyro- and landmine, as well as the retract/extract mechanism of the sticky grenade. Sadly they aren’t showing everything, that they’ve done for SD, on their site, but it’s a very nice and helpful selection. Maybe somebody from the SD-team can tell me/us where we could find more concept sheets. That would be great.

Have a look and enjoy

http://www.leadinglightdesign.com/projects_brink.php

(JayDee) #9

Russian version actually comes with a really short (only 22-pages) artbook that also has the backstory of the game.

(Biscuitfist) #10

I too would loooove to have an artbook.
And a soundtrack, I’ve been looking feverishly for ages in hopes to find the soundtrack for sale.

I’m quite amazed that Brink does not have artbook/soundtrack for sale since the art and music is superduperultramegacoolpotatobeans. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Zrmi) #11

Would love an artbook. I collect them :slight_smile:
And you can find some art of Brink here: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3121517

(wolfnemesis75) #12

[QUOTE=Zrmi;401945]Would love an artbook. I collect them :slight_smile:
And you can find some art of Brink here: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3121517[/QUOTE]
Awesome link. Thanks. Love the feel of these paintings. Brings me back. Such a fun time playing it. I know the rest of the world seemed to get frustrated by it all, but for me this game just rocked. Too much fun. :slight_smile: