Are models compiled into BSP?

(toom) #1

Hello,
I have made a map in GTK Radiant. I imported some models from ASE files.
I compiled the map using q3map2. Does the resulting BSP file contain my models or do I need to put both models and my bsp in game to play it?

(-SSF-Sage) #2

You need to always put the bsp. :smiley: Misc_models are compiled(=baked) into the bsp (which you should have as you use ase models) and they don’t need to be included to the pk3 (remember that you might need to include the texture and the shader). Misc_gamemodels aren’t compiled(=baked) into the bsp and you need to include them to the pk3.

Misc_models = only static
Misc_gamemodels = static or mobile, up to you

Edited.

(toom) #3

Thanks a lot.
My map works now in OpenArena :slight_smile:

(ACROBAT) #4

Misc_models are the default models, but if you include a custom model…I assume you still need to include it no matter what???

(Darth NormaN) #5

read it again :wink:

(fffuusky) #6

bump and lurk A 747 was halfway across the Atlantic when the captain got on the loud speaker, “Attention, passengers. We have lost one of our engines, but we can certainly reach London with the three we have left. Unfortunately, we will arrive an hour late as a result.” Shortly thereafter, the passengers heard the captain’s voice again, “Guess what, folks. We just lost our third engine, but please be assured we can fly with only one. We will now arrive in London three hours late.” At this point, one passenger became furious. “For Pete’s sake,” he shouted, “If we lose another engine, we’ll be up here all night!”--------------------------------The WoW Power Leveling ( World of warcraft Power Leveling ) site offer buy WoW Power Leveling, cheap WoW Power Leveling, free wow power leveling, 1- 70 level wow power leveling and wow power leveling news!

(mnop000) #7

You can experience World of Warcraft today without having to worry about grinding levels or wasting time earning world of warcraft gold. Purchase these best powerleveling services from us and play the game as a game, rather than as a second job. Our cheapest wow power leveling services are completely legitimate, ensuring that only human players will ever play your character. Our fast power levelingand wow gold services can get you to your desired level, with your desired faction and money all for competitive and low prices.How about you? We at www.inwowgold.com understand that casual gamers cannot make a life out of playing WoW. Some people may have the luxury of time and money to do whatever they please every single day, but for most of us, we need to work and support ourselves and our families. This is where the cheap wow gold services of http://www.inwowgold.com can help you out!

(yuanfenya) #8

Do you think it’s the light that’s attracting them? Mike and his pregnant wife live on a farm in a rural area in the west of England. No running water, no electricity, etc. One night, Mikes’ wife is begins to deliver the baby. The local doctor is there in attendance. "What d’ya want me to do, Doctor? " “Hold the lantern, Mike. Here it comes!” the doctor delivers the child and holds it up for the proud father to see. “Mike, you’re the proud father of a fine strapping boy.” “Saints be praised, I…” Before Mike can finish the Doctor interrupts, “Wait a minute. Hold the lantern, Mike.” Soon the doctor delivers the next child. “You’ve a full set now, Mike. A beautiful baby daughter.” “Thanks be to…” Again the Doctor cuts in, “Hold the lantern, Mike, Hold the lantern!” Soon the Doctor delivers a third child. The doctor holds up the baby for Mike’s inspection. “Doctor,” asks Mike, "Do you think it’s the light that’s attracting them?"Growth and change are the law of all life. Yesterday’s answers are inadequate for today’s problems --just as the solutions of today will not fill the needs of tomorrow. (Franklin Roosevelt, Averican president)More Games,joke,Guild Wars gold and famous. Click http://www.ygscn.net You will get more.