Any RTCW player in here?

(G-Force) #1

I was looking around the web last night to see if rtcw2 or a remake of rtcw was in the making and found this game. Looks a lot like brink which I hated because it was more of a get to one point and just camp it. 1v1 was not even possible emptying two clips into the enemy and they still walking away. Is this gameplay the same? I watched all the trailers and gameplay videos out there and I am very interested. Is this game like ET RTCW or quake wars ET? Any RTCW players here that are in the BETA? Any input if this game has the same style of play? Sorry for the million questions but I was at work all day thinking about this game any input from players that played ET, QW:ET or RTCW is really appreciated.

Thank you
G-Force

(Fake nick) #2

Actually you can try it by yourself. After work I will send you a beta key. :wink:

(RuleofBooKz) #3

now thats community folks :wink:

(G-Force) #4

Wow RedTractor that would be awesome and I would really appreciate it. RulesofBooKz yeah I requested beta keys but nothing yet. This will be so cool I’m off for the next 3 days I guess I have plans now haha.

(potty1) #5

Redtractor is awesome! Love this guy :disagree:

(captivatedBarber) #6

i guess that ur question is answered by tomorrow then :wink:

(spookify) #7

I bet most of us are ex-RTCW players…

(G-Force) #8

CaptivatedBarber yeah RedTrackor just messaged me a key but I am still at work :frowning: I’ll get on when I get home hopefully I’ll see some of you guys on.
Spookify I got back on steam trying to find my old clan mates but no luck yet I wonder if some of them are already here. I played RTCW for -|SS|- Syndicate Soldiers clan for a few years But played the game since GOTY pack.

(Fake nick) #9

@G-force How do you like game so far?

(spookify) #10

[quote=“G-Force;869”]CaptivatedBarber yeah RedTrackor just messaged me a key but I am still at work :frowning: I’ll get on when I get home hopefully I’ll see some of you guys on.
Spookify I got back on steam trying to find my old clan mates but no luck yet I wonder if some of them are already here. I played RTCW for -|SS|- Syndicate Soldiers clan for a few years But played the game since GOTY pack.[/quote]

I played RTCW as dTa^KaRl$
or =[DTA]=KaRl$
or Ac|BruI$er
DTA wasnt very good as we only played beta and we were very young PC gamers but we did have myself and Merlinator on the same team with is crazy funny that he is still doing RTCW or ET things! We did excel at OLTL though lol

ET clan was TeamRAS

I remember that SS clan was it red and black?

(Scythe) #11

Played RTCW/ET. I wasn’t so competitive in RCTW until I got to ET.

I played in clans like Clan Casualty, Obession, and Euphoric. Those were some good competitive times.

The only competitive game I play now is CSGO, so I’m really looking forward to DirtyBomb. Just wish there were more US players. Servers are always dead when I log in (PST Time Zone).

(spookify) #12

[quote=“Scythe;904”]Played RTCW/ET. I wasn’t so competitive in RCTW until I got to ET.

I played in clans like Clan Casualty, Obession, and Euphoric. Those were some good competitive times.

The only competitive game I play now is CSGO, so I’m really looking forward to DirtyBomb. Just wish there were more US players. Servers are always dead when I log in (PST Time Zone). [/quote]

You have to play like 2pm PST - 4pm PST and in a euro server… There is really no active USA servers right now. Saturdays and Sundays should also have people on but again in Euro servers.

(G-Force) #13

Hey RedTractor it Feels good I really like the fast pace of it just need to get used to the maps. Not really a fan of having to choose your classes before you enter the map. Also the characters seem to blend in pretty well to the environment just like ET which I wasn’t a fan about. Maybe placing the characters in one solid color will help with this. Bullets feel like brink not causing any damage. But for a beta I really like how it feels so far I hope they do keep looking for the players feedback and adjust. Thanks again for the Key ive been playing it for a while now and getting ready to jump back on.

[quote=“spookify;901”][quote=“G-Force;869”]CaptivatedBarber yeah RedTrackor just messaged me a key but I am still at work :frowning: I’ll get on when I get home hopefully I’ll see some of you guys on.
Spookify I got back on steam trying to find my old clan mates but no luck yet I wonder if some of them are already here. I played RTCW for -|SS|- Syndicate Soldiers clan for a few years But played the game since GOTY pack.[/quote]

I played RTCW as dTa^KaRl$
or =[DTA]=KaRl$
or Ac|BruI$er
DTA wasnt very good as we only played beta and we were very young PC gamers but we did have myself and Merlinator on the same team with is crazy funny that he is still doing RTCW or ET things! We did excel at OLTL though lol

ET clan was TeamRAS

I remember that SS clan was it red and black?
[/quote]
Hey Spookify I do remember seeing a server =[DTA]= did you guys have one? Yeah black -| and the SS was red if they were a member or white if they were a recruit. I have notice the USA servers are dead hopefully we can change that around. I did play on some EU servers and my ping isn’t that bad. It is still playable which is good.

[quote=“Scythe;904”]Played RTCW/ET. I wasn’t so competitive in RCTW until I got to ET.

The only competitive game I play now is CSGO, so I’m really looking forward to DirtyBomb. Just wish there were more US players. Servers are always dead when I log in (PST Time Zone). [/quote]
We are reverse haha played ET once in a while when RTCW was dieing off. I don’t know if you guys ever played RTCW Wild Wild West MOD it was a lot of fun haha.

(Sesti1) #14

lol I use to play both those any they were great…Just haven’t gotten my key either. Anyone out there that has an extra???

(neg0ne) #15

@ Sestl1: you got mail with a key. Have phun!!

(spookify) #16

Yes I did run a server for a little while in Late 2001 and early 2002 :smile:

(~md20|20) #17

I played about 8 seasons each of RTCW and ET. Alpha CAL and TWL. Mostly with Kinetic., one with smile. ~md20|20

(Sesti1) #18

Thanks to neg0ne for the key!!! will be owning faces soon…lol :slight_smile:

(WolfX) #19

Me and a friend have played a lot of RTCW back in the day miss that game I hope that this is the improved version of the game. pR^WolfX was my gamer tag if ya know me I would love to get a key if any one has a extra or 2 :stuck_out_tongue: thanks !!!

(manowar75) #20

old rtcv and wolfenstine et player here from sweden. ennyone have a beta key over for me?