Any plans on making phantom not completely useless?

(HadronZodiac) #1

Let’s be serious, he was nerfed once again, and he’s bad, once, again

Any merc can take a corner the enemy wasn’t expecting and flank

Why does phantom need to waste an ability to do the exact same thing?

Hunters arrow is way safer to emp the enemy so no real need to put your life in such great danger to take out a single aura station

Phantom relies on emp exp and the occasional enemy sniper kill to not stay bottom fragging for an entire match, and that’s just wrong.

Any merc can use their ability to screw up the enemy, fletcher can use his stickies when he has flanked, fragger use his nade, nader use her nades, proxy use her explosive pancakes. Phantom can use his… uh guns ig. Sadly those guns are useless half the time. Half a kek10 clip in a phoenix’s head still means death for you somehow.

A 50k credit recon with the ability to do what every other merc is capable of, but with a cooldown.

Many people see him as op, but this is only a perceived balance issue. If you could do nothing against a phantom coming up, then be more careful.

Phantom overall still isnt that much of a viable recon.

This game is built upon classes and roles. Phantom only being able to spot deployables makes him dependent on the enemy having a bush,aura,etc. Medics can make that fresh exp from injured teammates, which is bound to happen. Fire support provides ammo, and teammates using up them bullets is bound to happen. Assault well, kill people, and the enemy team having people to kill is bound to happen. Recons such as vassili or aimee same thing, enemy having people to spot is bound to happen. People having deployables and/or being stupid isn’t bound to happen, so phantom is situational.

As said, he relies on certain events in order to make exp.

His refractive suit isn’t much of a help, especially when the trained eye can see it, or anyone with audio on can hear him coming. His guns aren’t good enough to deal with enemies up-close. Relying on your katana for damage makes 2/3 of loadouts useless.

Perceived Balance & Actual Balance are two completely different things

Please figure out that difference

Phantom is back at the point where an average player will still likely bottom-frag by using this harry-potter simulator. Put phantom back in the hands of a good merc and he’ll still be strong as heck. People think the counter-play to him is 0, but even if that were true, he still isn’t viable, especially in a competitive setting.

(Gire) #2

Im probably the only person who is satisfied with Phantom now

(HadronZodiac) #3

@Gire said:
Im probably the only person who is satisfied with Phantom now

Im sure other people like him the way he is tbh

(l2c) #4

I’ve tried to say this since they nerfed him back to terrible again.
They really need to decide what he’s for. Right now, he has mid-range guns, close range high damage melee, close range EMP, and a cloak that only kinda works when long-range.
Either make his cloak less visible to promote melee, or give him tools to promote flanking/ranged play. I’m up for trying ARs. No burst or single-fire nonsense tho, M4, AK, Hurts, Shar, some of those.

(sangrexlol98) #5

I love play as phantom but people say is OP or broken and sometimes insults like fucking camper,stop running coward but phantom only mid and long guns are good is just he handguns,simeon example one headshot deal 60 pretty high…

(HadronZodiac) #6

@sangrexlol98 said:
I love play as phantom but people say is OP or broken and sometimes insults like @$!# camper,stop running coward but phantom only mid and long guns are good is just he handguns,simeon example one headshot deal 60 pretty high…

@sangrexlol98 said:
I love play as phantom but people say is OP or broken and sometimes insults like @$!# camper,stop running coward but phantom only mid and long guns are good is just he handguns,simeon example one headshot deal 60 pretty high…

Its because people think there is no counterplay. But even if a merc has no counterplay, they can still be useless, cough cough phantom…

(HadronZodiac) #7

@l2c said:
They really need to decide what he’s for. Right now, he has mid-range guns, close range high damage melee, close range EMP, and a cloak that only kinda works when long-range.
Either make his cloak less visible to promote melee, or give him tools to promote flanking/ranged play. I’m up for trying ARs. No burst or single-fire nonsense tho, M4, AK, Hurts, Shar, some of those.

@l2c said:

Yeah I actually really agree with this. He’s pretty much everywhere, no real vision for him. I think Hurtsall2k, timik47, and m4a1 may work. Shar-c may be a bit strong but idk, let the devs do that.

(GatoCommodore) #8

@HadronZodiac said:

@sangrexlol98 said:

@sangrexlol98 said:

Its because people think there is no counterplay. But even if a merc has no counterplay, they can still be useless, cough cough phantom…

only when newbie plays it
i’ve seen good players use it to flank snipers or kill medics to gain advantage over the other team. Calling it useless is kind of ignorant…

(HadronZodiac) #9

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@sangrexlol98 said:

@sangrexlol98 said:

i’ve seen good players use it to flank snipers or kill medics to gain advantage over the other team. Calling it useless is kind of ignorant…

Snipers are easy to flank either way

Yeah killing a medic isnt that hard… doesnt make up for phantom’s high visibility and uselessness

Calling it ignorant to call out phantoms uselessness is stupid

(kopyright) #10

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@sangrexlol98 said:

@sangrexlol98 said:

As long as SD gives us flanking routes… some of the maps defninitely lack those.

(HadronZodiac) #11

@kopyright said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@sangrexlol98 said:

@sangrexlol98 said:

As long as SD gives us flanking routes… some of the maps defninitely lack those.

If maps lack flanking routes, then why is phantom so visible?

(kopyright) #12

@HadronZodiac said:

@kopyright said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@sangrexlol98 said:

@sangrexlol98 said:

If maps lack flanking routes, then why is phantom so visible?

Because some people playing this game aren’t potatoes.

(HadronZodiac) #13

tru tru

(LifeupOmega) #14

Not all mercs need to be viable, and he’s not healthy for the game anyway. Another mistake in the grand list of mistakes that have been made that drove this game down.