Any car audio people in here

(Mc1412013) #1

So i just purchased a new well used car and about to upgrade is basic boring flat sounding system

So in my last car i was able to easily replace the factory speaker wire so i didnt giveit any thought or research

So heres my plan

I cant find a car stereo that pumps out more than 50 watts @ 22 rms. I saved my 400 wat amp from my last car that does 100 a channel 2 ohms and 50 wats @ 38 rms at 4 ohms.
Will this amp be ok with factory wiring i realy want to put new speaker wire but this car looks like a complete bitch to do since its a u shape and they left no room for more wires. I dont want to pay bestbuy or an audio shop for cost to much $$.
what is the safe max watts on a factory wire.

I plan on a double din radio still looking around for about $150 kicker speakers(enless some one here has a better high bass speaker) if they fit into the door the magnets are kinda big.

I have a self contained 10 in all in one amp/subwoofer but still would like to save space and run less power wires and not use it if i dont have to. Im not looking for competition bass just want the lows to thump and the highs to be clear.

My old car rest in peace had 4x 6.5 pioneer speakers powered by a 400 watt boss amp running at 50 wats (4 ohms only runs at 200 watts)
A seperate 10 in self contained sub/amp combo
A $20 cheep ass dual(name of company) blue tooth 200 watt head unit

My new car plans
4x 6’9 kicker speakers if they fit
Re use my 400 watt amp that runs at 38 watts rms per channel using 4 ohm speakers since the amp is only 2 months old
And probanly a pioneer or kenwood double din head unit

Looking to spend about 500 -600 total
Total cost also Includes a new amp wire kit
Its got some 1.5 din radio so i need to buy a new dash piece that gives me double din
Wire harness and double din mounting kit
9 wire to feed back from the amp to the factory wires.

I know the amps kinda week but i know itss more power than head unit and probably iner the safe wattage for the wire

(GatoCommodore) #2

@Mc1412013 said:
So i just purchased a new well used car and about to upgrade is basic boring flat sounding system

So in my last car i was able to easily replace the factory speaker wire so i didnt giveit any thought or research

So heres my plan

I cant find a car stereo that pumps out more than 50 watts @ 22 rms. I saved my 400 wat amp from my last car that does 100 a channel 2 ohms and 50 wats @ 38 rms at 4 ohms.
Will this amp be ok with factory wiring i realy want to put new speaker wire but this car looks like a complete @$!# to do since its a u shape and they left no room for more wires. I dont want to pay bestbuy or an audio shop for cost to much $$.

I plan on a double din radio still looking around for about $150 kicker speakers(enless some one here has a better high bass speaker) if they fit into the door the magnets are kinda big.

I have a self contained 10 in all in one amp/subwoofer but still would like to save space and run less power wires and not use it if i dont have to. Im not looking for competition bass just want the lows to thump and the highs to be clear.

My old car rest in peace had 4x 6.5 pioneer speakers powered by a 400 watt boss amp running at 50 wats (4 ohms only runs at 200 watts)

My new car plans
Re use my 400 watt amp that runs at 38 watts rms per channel using 4 ohm speakers since the amp is only 2 months old

Its got some 1.5 din radio so i need to buy a new dash piece that gives me double din

I know the amps kinda week but i know itss more power than head unit and probably iner the safe wattage for the wire

man, i still use my dad’s old 1998 civic

i get that using earpiece while driving is bad thats why speakers are better but i dont feel that its worth it tinkering with old car electronics.

(Mc1412013) #3

@GatoCommodore said:

@Mc1412013 said:

So heres my plan

Will this amp be ok with factory wiring i realy want to put new speaker wire but this car looks like a complete @$!# to do since its a u shape and they left no room for more wires. I dont want to pay bestbuy or an audio shop for cost to much $$.

My new car plans

man, i still use my dad’s old 1998 civic

i get that using earpiece while driving is bad thats why speakers are better but i dont feel that its worth it tinkering with old car electronics.

My last car thats waiting to be junked was a 96 geo metro i got 3 months ago. It had holes in the speakers. And factory radio. I only trashed it because its frame was cracked in the front. Other wise id still be driving it. Now im stuck with a car loan again

(henki000) #4

I’m not car audio people, but I think quality over watts is more important. Unless you are listening very loud, because if you dont amp them 100% there is tiny loss of quality. Says the guy who drives Fiat Punto 1.2 gen 2 facelift. Original speakers in this car is garbage. I use noise-cancelling headphones when driving.

PS: get 3-way or more way full range speakers.

(Mc1412013) #5

@henki000 said:
I’m not car audio people, but I think quality over watts is more important. Unless you are listening very loud, because if you dont amp them 100% there is tiny loss of quality. Says the guy who drives Fiat Punto 1.2 gen 2 facelift. Original speakers in this car is garbage. I use noise-cancelling headphones when driving.

PS: get 3-way or more way full range speakers.

I know im most likely getting kickers and either kenwood or pioneer head unit. Im just trying to find the max amp for factory wire its the only thing i cant seem to get an answer on.

(henki000) #6

@Mc1412013
Didnt knew wire gauge were that important in cars, but then makes sense because high amperes. I hope you find this helpful:

I suppose 8 gauge is enough?

I would go with pioneer, but then I have only experience with pioneer home teather systems and no knowledge of kenwood. Maybe Sony and JBL over Kenwood too.