Another 'matchmaking sucks' thread

(Sinee) #1

I just want someone to explain to me why, if one person is REALLY good, the ENTIRE rest of the team he’s sorted onto is a complete steaming pile of shit?

Why does matchmaking EXPECT or REQUIRE one good person to CARRY 5 or 6 more people on his or her back through the entire match?

People complain about stacking so much, but my partner always performs really good, so he gets put with a bunch of infants who have never used a mouse and keyboard before. I usually switch teams if I can, to help him out, since he can’t carry like the game expects him to. This is a team based game, even if you’re amazing, you still need a team and not a bunch of fucking potatoes. And we STILL lose and get stomped into the ground more than we win. This is so exhausting.

You can always see which team is a fucking potato from the scoreboard. For example, your team has from the bottom to the top: 0, 1, 244, 732, 903, and one pitiful lonely person trying their hardest (who is unlucky cause they’re good) with 1504. The entire other team has scores over at least 2000, and has you spawn locked.

Every single god damn fucking fucker fuck fucking match. The matchmaking is not intelligent at all. It sees a really good person being 70% of a team, spits out some numbers, and then gives him 5 other people who’s skill makes up the other 30% combined. All this “team stacking” stuff makes me want to bash my face against a wall. It’s me and him versus 6. Even lvl 42 and 62 on the same team, we get stomped so fucking brutally and we’re really good, but the entire rest of our team is playing with their monitor turned off and their thumb rammed up their ass.
I don’t get it. :tired_face:

(nokiII) #2

I normally just leave the server, if I see, that the matchmaking thinks, that I’m the good player and puts me together with the retards. And no, I don’t give a flying fuck, that I basically ruined the round for the whole server when the match actually starts.

(PleasantWheat) #3

Mate… I’ve never felt such an emotional attachment to a post before, this… this sums up about 80% of my experience with this game and I just can’t thank you enough for bringing this up. This happens to me all the time and I witness it happen all the time to other poor bastards. There needs to be a skill index of some variety based on your win/loss and spm that helps sort out teams because frankly, HAVING to play try hard mode to even have a tiny chance of not getting slaughtered is a rather stressful endevour. ALSO I would love for SD to implement a system that gives you some sort of bonus for swapping to a class that no one on your team is. I’ve played too many a game where I have had to do a Fraggers worth of killing and keep an entire team alive as a solo medic, similtaneously.

(blonk) #4

Vaguely along the same lines, I think players get a sense of duty (or stubbornness) that if a game turns into that kind of bollocks, they punish themselves through it slamming their fists on the keyboard the whole time. I just leave the server and find a new one. I only have so many hours of free time, I don’t see why I should waste it fighting my own team as well as the enemies

There need to be something though, maybe they need to sort out how they are averaging the player skill to be less biased by ace players. I was always under the impression that shuffling is pretty much random (or as good as), I seldom see it sort out problems of balance entirely.

(sgtCrookyGrin) #5

I never really cared much, as long as I got free practice with my C51 Phantom is good enough for me.

(Kiyoshi) #6

I always get paired with lvl 5’s i had a couple matches where i didnt get anyone above 7 but the other team had high lvls We got hammered.

(The_N00Ba) #7

I honestly don’t mind getting put with new people against a higher level and more than likely better skilled team. I especially love it when people stack the team on their own. I have been in many matches where I get destroyed by better players. Basically I am used to getting crushed. I am used to getting bullied and put down.
When put into a situation like that, I always choose to stay because I know they will get crushed. I am not going to allow them to face that monster alone. Plus it does provides an interesting challenge. How far can I get them?
I have pissed off many stacked teams who thought they would have an easy match because we always managed to complete at least 1 objective with teamwork. It is honestly a joy to see people improve throughout the match. I love it. If the games keep getting stacked like that though I leave to hopeful improve the matchmaking with my absence.
As to why this happens. i don’t know. I also wish this would be improved soon. Luckily I am patient.
I also wish more people would embrace those “challenging” matches, but I know every one has their own preferences to how they want to play. Dirty Bomb hopefully will be adjusted to fit as many of those preferences as possible. :slight_smile:

(RedBeard) #8

[quote=“Mercy;24328”]I just want someone to explain to me why, if one person is REALLY good, the ENTIRE rest of the team he’s sorted onto is a complete steaming pile of shit?

Why does matchmaking EXPECT or REQUIRE one good person to CARRY 5 or 6 more people on his or her back through the entire match?

People complain about stacking so much, but my partner always performs really good, so he gets put with a bunch of infants who have never used a mouse and keyboard before. I usually switch teams if I can, to help him out, since he can’t carry like the game expects him to. This is a team based game, even if you’re amazing, you still need a team and not a bunch of fucking potatoes. And we STILL lose and get stomped into the ground more than we win. This is so exhausting.

You can always see which team is a fucking potato from the scoreboard. For example, your team has from the bottom to the top: 0, 1, 244, 732, 903, and one pitiful lonely person trying their hardest (who is unlucky cause they’re good) with 1504. The entire other team has scores over at least 2000, and has you spawn locked.

Every single god damn fucking fucker fuck fucking match. The matchmaking is not intelligent at all. It sees a really good person being 70% of a team, spits out some numbers, and then gives him 5 other people who’s skill makes up the other 30% combined. All this “team stacking” stuff makes me want to bash my face against a wall. It’s me and him versus 6. Even lvl 42 and 62 on the same team, we get stomped so fucking brutally and we’re really good, but the entire rest of our team is playing with their monitor turned off and their thumb rammed up their ass.
I don’t get it. :tired_face: [/quote]

BLAH BLAH BLAH complain complain…

Do something useful?

(Sinee) #9

[quote=“RedBeard;164832”]BLAH BLAH BLAH complain complain…

Do something useful?[/quote]Like fist you?

(Merci1ess) #10

[quote=“RedBeard;164832”][quote=“Mercy;24328”]I just want someone to explain to me why, if one person is REALLY good, the ENTIRE rest of the team he’s sorted onto is a complete steaming pile of shit?

I don’t get it. :tired_face: [/quote]

BLAH BLAH BLAH complain complain…

Do something useful?[/quote]

How about you say something useful?

Edit: Oh wait… Just checked your profile. It’s all good you’re living up to your reputation. You may proceed…

(MrBluuy) #11

They need a system that goes by KD (kills to death ratio)

(Dysfnal) #12

I think the problem is usually when people join in mid game, because then there’s no balancing don’t by the algorithms whatsoever

(cunningMuffler) #13

It’s maddening man