And the best solution to please filthy casuals without dumbing down games was...

(TheStrangerous) #1

… the cheat codes options…

When I was younger and sucked at a game, I used cheat code from a guide book, to get more pleasure and ability to goof around more creatively…

I recently got through another 100% complete playthrough of RDR for the first time in probably 4 or 5 years and just now noticed it had cheats. I made a separate save, turned on invincibility with unlimited ammo and dead eye, and went on a rampage killing everyone as Jack because I was butthurt that I didn’t get to visit Bonnie anymore. Was only fun for about five minutes…

I guess this was my way of saying I agree with you, but I don’t get how people can play a game just to dick around constantly. Like, appreciate the game and story, dude.

(TheStrangerous) #3

I goofed around in SA with cheats.
Turning on car levitation, so I could jump onto one, provoke fast speed so it could fly and skydive from it.
Or making long and tedious driving section more enjoyable with the power of flight. Or pretend to be a superhero in a gimp suit and hockey mask, jumping from one building to another,
Way more fun than vanilla gameplay IMHO.

Heck, it made Enter the Matrix bearable. Way more fun with cheats!

OR HILARIOUSLY…

! THE ONE PUNCH CHEAT!!!
! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yk9rNmTo1w

(Mc1412013) #4

@TheStrangerous said:

When I was younger and sucked at a game, I used cheat code from a guide book, to get more pleasure and ability to goof around more creatively…

The only way 95% of us could ever beat contra… this code is also known as the konami code. God i missed the original sega genisis/nintendo era. Life was so simple then

(FalC_16) #5

@Mc1412013 said:

@TheStrangerous said:

The only way 95% of us could ever beat contra… this code is also known as the konami code. God i missed the original sega genisis/nintendo era. Life was so simple then

Kontra was hard asf. Even the two player mode was beyond ridiculous.