Ammo Station BATTLE! (seriously)

(Splicerrr) #1

This happens quite often with me (let me know if this happens to you to). Let’s say there’s a stoker, they drop an ammo station where your teammates spawn so they can top their ammo to the max and get xp. Then another ammo station fire support merc (let’s say kira), throws her ammo station in front of STOKERS so they can get the xp, so Stoker doesn’t. Then after STOKER respawns, he places his ammo station in front of Kiras, and it just keeps going until it reaches to the spawn. Then this leads to fire supports NOT dropping ammo stations in the middle of battle, when you run of AMMO. So you have to run to the nearest ammo crate, and then you get killed. Does anyone else see this in games or is it just me? This usually happens with low levels.

(GatoCommodore) #2

@Splicerrr said:
This happens quite often with me (let me know if this happens to you to). Let’s say there’s a stoker, they drop an ammo station where your teammates spawn so they can top their ammo to the max and get xp. Then another ammo station fire support merc (let’s say kira), throws her ammo station in front of STOKERS so they can get the xp, so Stoker doesn’t. Then after STOKER respawns, he places his ammo station in front of Kiras, and it just keeps going until it reaches to the spawn. Then this leads to fire supports NOT dropping ammo stations in the middle of battle, when you run of AMMO. So you have to run to the nearest ammo crate, and then you get killed. Does anyone else see this in games or is it just me? This usually happens with low levels.

no not really, i rarely see this even with newbies

(Ptiloui) #3

Ammo station at spawn is one of the dumbest thing I have seen, for the reason you stated : running out of ammo on the defense frontline because of no one droping ammo station except at spawn.
I guess it’s just for the xp, but people will get more xp if a teammate get ammo at your station and kill someone in the few following seconds.

(Press E) #4

I’ve seen this happen sometimes, though usually it’s not something that ends up moving the ammo stations too far away.

A similar thing happens with medstations too sometimes though. When you place a medstation in a good spot, every now and then another aura will come along and try to place their medstation close to that spot, but slightly closer to the team so they get all the XP. Usually their medstation just gets shot because the person was too inexperienced to put it behind full cover, but it’s pretty annoying none the less.

(Chris Mullins) #5

Don’t think I’ve ever seen this happen before (not heard of this being a thing or experienced it in game). Will keep an eye open for other reports though

(JonBongNoJovi) #6

Needs to be a period after spawn that means you don’t recieve ammo , this was the main reason why Javalin giving ammo is now crap , hate having to play dodge the ammo station in spawn .

(Mc1412013) #7

Never seen this happen , didnt know this was a thing.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #8

Well I’ve never seen that weird ammo station dance for XP, but it does get pretty annoying when someone puts their ammo or health station right next to yours. Quit encroaching on my land!

(K1X455) #9

Stoker and Kira’s ammo station is basically a static ammo “top up” station where a fire fight is close by. Players who leave their ammo stations at the spawn are just not supporting the team properly.

(ThePigVomit) #10

I’ve seen it several times, I always drop one at the beginning, and continue to do so throughout. However, as soon as I can drop another in the contact area, I do.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #11

@MuddyGrenade said:
Well I’ve never seen that weird ammo station dance for XP, but it does get pretty annoying when someone puts their ammo or health station right next to yours. Quit encroaching on my land!

Yeah I have noticed Aura’s doing that a lot lately. Though, to be honest, I think it has more to do with newcomers not realizing health stations don’t stack; something that is yet another reason we need their introductory experience to teach them more than just movement and shooting controls.

(azz_abdr) #12

at least you are not aura who put health station on spawn point

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #13

@azz_abdr said:

I’ve had those too… lord help me I hope they suffer immensely for this sin >:)

(Splicerrr) #14

@azz_abdr said:

Don’t even get me started on newbies who play sparks, throwing health packs at teammates at spawn.

(Xenithos) #15

I’ve never had an ammo station war AT SPAWN. I have CERTAINLY had battles over someone putting their ammo station next to mine when mine was there first. Nyaaah. Like bro, go put your ammo station at spawn or wait for mine to die.

And if they get there first I’ll start the battle. B)

(Teflon Love) #16

@Splicerrr said:

@azz_abdr said:

Don’t even get me started on newbies who play sparks, throwing health packs at teammates at spawn.

…and missing.

(Eox) #17

Moving to mercenary discussions.

(Mc1412013) #18

@Xenithos said:
I’ve never had an ammo station war AT SPAWN. I have CERTAINLY had battles over someone putting their ammo station next to mine when mine was there first. Nyaaah. Like bro, go put your ammo station at spawn or wait for mine to die.

And if they get there first I’ll start the battle. B)

Ff on servers solve this problem. Just shoot there ammo station lol

(GatoCommodore) #19

@Splicerrr said:

@azz_abdr said:

have you ever seen sparks trying to revive with hand?
oh the hatred flows in my vein.

(Ptiloui) #20

@GatoCommodore said:

@Splicerrr said:

@azz_abdr said:

have you ever seen sparks trying to revive with hand?
oh the hatred flows in my vein.

I even saw Sparks coming just over my body to revive me with the RevivR xD