Am I the only one that likes Execution?

(ImSploosh) #1

On the forum I see a lot of hate towards Execution mode, whether it be outright blasphemy or criticism on how to change it. Does anyone else enjoy it as much as I do?

I know it will be changed, probably to something like CS:GO because my guess is, I’m not part of the majority (by what I see on the forum). However, I absolutely love it the way it is now. There are some changes that need to be made, but for the most part, just minor tweaks (like remove Execution as a mode for level 1’s.

It’s extremely satisfying getting kills/clutching/winning in Execution. My hope is that they keep it the same for the most part. I can’t wait to see a Conquest/Domination type gamemode as well. “Dome” is perfectly suited for such a mode as well.

(Xan) #2

yes

(Mr-Penguin) #3

The problem is that clutching/kills/winning is either very rare or unsatisfactory, due to the hideously unbalanced games in Execution. When teams are balanced, it’s pretty fun.

(XavienX) #4

What he said basically. I do enjoy this mode a lot but I get frustrated sometimes when I’m on a team with noobs vs like level 50s which is probably the viewpoint of the people who hate Execution.

(ImSploosh) #5

What he said basically. I do enjoy this mode a lot but I get frustrated sometimes when I’m on a team with noobs vs like level 50s which is probably the viewpoint of the people who hate Execution.[/quote]

Well yes, I do hate that very much as well. I almost always join the losing team in Execution or start the game on the team that’s obviously gonna lose. Occasionally I can win a match by myself, but normally I need teamwork. Also, when I join a game on the losing team, I’ll normally win a round or two, but then proceed to lose by being overwhelmed because I don’t have a team backing me up. D:

So I definitely get that part of it. It definitely needs to be tweaked, but I still enjoy it very much. :smiley:

(Jan S.) #6

I enjoy both Objective & Execution. Sometime unbalanced teams happen, but most of the time they are pretty balanced and I have fun.
Can’t say that about Competitive, where my team was all gold and enemy team was unranked w/ 1 gold.

(VincentRJaeger) #7

Well if you ask me, I don’t dislike Execution as a gamemode, I just dislike the way it was Executed (pun intended). Right now it’s an unbalanced mess that suffers greatly from a bad matchmaking; It’s also the first gamemode new players will play, and what will be their first impression of the game? Can’t say for sure but I doubt it’s a good one.

(LifeupOmega) #8

The only thing I like about Execution is the daily 500 credits I get after finding a game that’s just about to end.

(ImSploosh) #9

[quote=“JohnS;114337”]I enjoy both Objective & Execution. Sometime unbalanced teams happen, but most of the time they are pretty balanced and I have fun.
Can’t say that about Competitive, where my team was all gold and enemy team was unranked w/ 1 gold.[/quote]

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I’ve played 2 games of Competitive. The first time I was on an awful team with people who just kept dying over and over, and proceeded to quit while I had armed the objective and repaired the gate on Trainyard multiple times. The 2nd time I played was a couple days ago when I joined a team that completely stomped the other side (my team had 4 members in a clan and me). They even said in the beginning of the match “just give up now” or something along those lines. Not to mention Competitive matchmaking takes like 10 minutes to join.

I like the pun :D. That’s another thing I strongly dislike. Execution should be geared more towards level 5 and up. Objective and Stopwatch are much more forgiving as gamemodes. If they want to offer a gamemode similar to what people have previously played in other games, a Conquest or Domination type gamemode would be the way to go in my opinion.

lol >.>

(suaveQuiver) #10

You are saying Execution is unbalanced. because sometimes your team is just so much worse then the opposing team, thats life man, not an unbalanced game mode. And matchmaking is not a factor since there is no competitive mode. You have min lvl 10 servers and for pubs that should be enough. I myself want an Execution competitive mode, and so do all my friends.

(ImSploosh) #11

I never said Execution was unbalanced. O.o It sucks joining a game and not being able to even do anything because your team is full of new players who have no idea what’s going on. Some sort of balancing system is needed.

Level 10+ servers are rare to come by and generally, the unbalanced teams are no better in there with level 40+ players piling up on one team. Personally I could care less because to me, level is just a number. But this often times leads to players leaving matches or that experience of those high level players getting the best of the lower level players.

I want Execution to be a competitive mode as well! It definitely would be awesome. But only if competitive mode gets tweaked big time as well. It takes way too damn long to join a match. :stuck_out_tongue:

(AsianPersuasion) #12

JUST YES!YES!

(ImSploosh) #13

Asian! We need to play together again soon. :smiley:

I haven’t been playing much this last week :neutral:

(PorkyPerson) #14

I prefer execution, but it XP count is usually low and it’s bad for the XP missions.

I’ve been on weak teams in all the modes. It doesn’t seem to make any more or less difference if it’s execution.

(thoroughPistachio) #15

Execution is the only game mode worth playing. Screw people who suicide over and over. You get one life - don’t mess up!

(LifeupOmega) #16

If I wanted a one life game with actual depth to it I’d play CS. DB’s attempt at it has nothing going for it. You get everything at the start, there’s no hard choices, there’s no economy system, losing and winning means nothing because there’s no repercussions for doing so.

The entire game is built around Stopwatch, if you really think that boils down to suiciding constantly, maybe you should step out of public.

(RedBeard) #17

Its not horrible. I dont mind playing, however it feels as if it’s a poor cs:go port…

(Hishotodo) #18

I was shocked to come here and see that Execution is the most hated mode. It’s the only one I truly enjoy, and I think it’s done perfectly. I think the game modes where you revive constantly are obnoxious.

(KnightDemon) #19

Don’t worry you are not the only one. I pretty much exclusively play execution these days and rarely touch objective and moreso stopwatch, unless some friends want to play that mode. It is the closest thing to deathmatch that this games has and it’s quick. The other modes can drag on for a long time, and when you have thing’s to do you wan’t a mode that is fast and simple. The main issue with execution is of course lack of maps, and balancing issues. That being said, unless the team is really skill stacked on one side, the cause for balance issues seems to stem mostly from those that leave the game or rage quit from my experience.

The forums are not really a good indication of the most popular modes, the loudest tend to get noticed most of the time as with all things in life, and if you look for a game on execution on east, say 9 pm eastern time, you will find most of the rooms full or packed. This is of course based on my personal experience and what I’ve noticed.

I have a gut feeling that those that like objective and stopwatch might have been major TF2 fans prior, but that is just a hunch.

(RedBeard) #20

[quote=“KnightDemon;159709”]Don’t worry you are not the only one. I pretty much exclusively play execution these days and rarely touch objective and moreso stopwatch, unless some friends want to play that mode. It is the closest thing to deathmatch that this games has and it’s quick. The other modes can drag on for a long time, and when you have thing’s to do you wan’t a mode that is fast and simple. The main issue with execution is of course lack of maps, and balancing issues. That being said, unless the team is really skill stacked on one side, the cause for balance issues seems to stem mostly from those that leave the game or rage quit from my experience.

The forums are not really a good indication of the most popular modes, the loudest tend to get noticed most of the time as with all things in life, and if you look for a game on execution on east, say 9 pm eastern time, you will find most of the rooms full or packed. This is of course based on my personal experience and what I’ve noticed.

I have a gut feeling that those that like objective and stopwatch might have been major TF2 fans prior, but that is just a hunch.[/quote]

You can find a populated game at 4 am really easily…