Am I attacking or defending?

(Izzy) #1

One simple thing that disappeared with the CW update is the ability to know whether your are attacking or defending in the lobby while choosing mercs.
Is there a chance to have it coming back so that we can choose appropriately? Or am I missing something obvious?

(SiegeFace) #2

This, My merc choices vary alot by map, gamemode, and what side im playing for.

What would be good if you could save squads based on these 3 things (wanted this in battlefield) so you wouldn’t have to change a thing.

A map gets voted, then the teams get picked then the game loads up your saved squad for that Game Mode, Map, Team (If Applicable) and you can just sit back and relax, unless you feel like changing out a merc for a mission or to just derp around.

(kopyright) #3

Glad to see I wasn’t imaging things. I too would love to have that information back, or the saved squad option @SlegeFace suggests. Adding Skyhammer to my squad on Chapel as a defender is a no-brainer, but I prefer to have Proxy on my attacking squad instead.

(3N1GM4) #4

[quote=“SiegeFace;108482”]This, My merc choices vary alot by map, gamemode, and what side im playing for.

What would be good if you could save squads based on these 3 things (wanted this in battlefield) so you wouldn’t have to change a thing.

A map gets voted, then the teams get picked then the game loads up your saved squad for that Game Mode, Map, Team (If Applicable) and you can just sit back and relax, unless you feel like changing out a merc for a mission or to just derp around.[/quote]

Even without auto-loading the squad, just having a “quick select” for all 3 mercs would be nice.

(Gh0st1e) #5

You shouldn’t base your merc selection off of whether you are attacking or defending, instead you should have a selection of 3 mercs that you can use regardless of the situation.

Remember that in Stopwatch you do not get a chance to change your mercs between rounds. Objective is more or less meant to be a “warm up” of sorts.

(Reddeadcap) #6

[quote=“Gh0st1e;113904”]You shouldn’t base your merc selection off of whether you are attacking or defending, instead you should have a selection of 3 mercs that you can use regardless of the situation.

Remember that in Stopwatch you do not get a chance to change your mercs between rounds. Objective is more or less meant to be a “warm up” of sorts.[/quote]
Sadly the meta with some mercs is that they’re just too situational.

Rhino for instance states he’s meant to be both a good meatshield both in leading an attack by being a tank with high health and direct damage with his minigun, due to his slow speed made even slower he’s best used to just defend with a medic (hopefully aura station) by his side, even if the attackers need to defend the C4 they plant or objective they are handing in, the high health is made null due to his almost nonexistant movespeed with his minigun revved.

(This is where my Basis for the idea of Rhino having his movement speed with the minigun revved be the same as with it equiped, but without being able to jump or sprint with it equiped comes from.)

(King_Gibbon) #7

I am completely for this to be brought back. I like to tailor my mercs to the objective. I normally have 1 support, 1 medic and 1 engineer on Objective. This is just so I know I have a merc for the 3 main needs. Though if I were just defending a round I would rather change my engineer to possibly a nader or someone with some better killing ability.

(RectalTerror) #8

Does anyone know what’s required to be able to post new messages here?

A few weeks ago I contacted the support because there was absolutely no way to post a message. Few weeks later two “new message” buttons magically appeared at the top & the bottom, as well as the “leave a comment” in each post.
Today the buttons are gone AGAIN, no way to create a post, but at least this time I can answer a post.

(CC_FANG) #9

[quote=“RectalTerror;163152”]Does anyone know what’s required to be able to post new messages here?

A few weeks ago I contacted the support because there was absolutely no way to post a message. Few weeks later two “new message” buttons magically appeared at the top & the bottom, as well as the “leave a comment” in each post.
Today the buttons are gone AGAIN, no way to create a post, but at least this time I can answer a post.[/quote]

There has been a bit of reshuffling of post options in an attempt to stop the spambots from being able to overrun the forums so quickly. You got caught in the crossfire simply because you are a new poster. You should be okay now.

(RectalTerror) #10

Indeed, the buttons seem to be back now

(RedBeard) #11

[quote=“Izzy;20070”]One simple thing that disappeared with the CW update is the ability to know whether your are attacking or defending in the lobby while choosing mercs.
Is there a chance to have it coming back so that we can choose appropriately? Or am I missing something obvious?[/quote]

Use the TAB key…

(kopyright) #12

[quote=“RedBeard;164821”][quote=“Izzy;20070”]One simple thing that disappeared with the CW update is the ability to know whether your are attacking or defending in the lobby while choosing mercs.
Is there a chance to have it coming back so that we can choose appropriately? Or am I missing something obvious?[/quote]

Use the TAB key…[/quote]

I am pretty sure this does not work in the lobby.

(kittz0r) #13

you don’t have time to choose your Squad wisely… the Teams get mader after the Squad timer runs out…

So blue = Attack
Red/Orange= Defend

(kopyright) #14

We know, but it used to be different. Team composition and side was known beforehand so you could pick your mercs accordingly.

(JJMAJR) #15

People always complain about Arty/Skyhammer ballet in maps like Chapel or Bridge. My guess was that this feature is made to mitigate that garbage and force players to use versatile builds instead of situational ones.