Alpine Assault Beta

(kamikazee) #21

Same stuff here, only ‘problems’ are the train which moves so fast it “shakes” the player’s view and the poster going Z-fighting…

Great map!

([DS]-=Pencil=-) #22

Mirror from RTCW-Prison: http://rtcw-prison.planet-multiplayer.de/prison/downloads.php?release_id=1079

(CrazyGuy) #23

I agree with Firefly. The map is very detailed. Nice work.
But, when im in devmap. Et crashes when im in the cave about half way.
The reason i devmap it because when i host a lan. I don’t see the map in the menu list.
I put apline_assault_beta.pk3 in etmain.
The link i used was pcgamemods. This was my 4th time downloading it from them. All others pk3’s were corrupted.

Nice models you got in the map.

(kamikazee) #24

You 'd better start it with /map or you are enabling cheats without knowing it. :wink:

(CrazyGuy) #25

Still crashes when im in the caves on the small train thingie. kamikazee

(kamikazee) #26

I was just pointing out that /devmap enables cheats, and you can start the map as normal with /map instead of /devmap.

Even on a LAN you’re normally not enabling cheats… or are you in for a “turn godmode off!” rant or the “wall no-clipper!” discussion? :smiley:

(EB) #27

crazyguy, what are your computers specs ?

(CrazyGuy) #28

On my 1.0ghz 1024mb ram.
It crashes in the caves.

But…

On my home computer it doesn’t crash at all.
3.4ghz 1024mb ram

My 1.0ghz drivers are up to date.

(TheTrooper) #29

Hmm what can I say about this map :slight_smile: It’s great looking, i have this map in my custom campaign on my server :slight_smile: In my opinion the outside area should be much bigger then current. I would prefer strong battle outside, more objectives outside. This is my point of view :slight_smile:

(MindgamE) #30

I like how the safe door crushes people when opened.

(Salteh) #31

Hiya!

Played this on the NW server today.
Seems to be a cool map, but we had quite a few people crashing out - seems to be train / caves related? :frowning:

(Detoeni) #32

I’m getting a nasty feeling about this, when I was testing the map I had a very odd error in the caves with the train. At the time I thought it was just a random bug, I’v not had it happen to me since. The train pushed me through the hull of the map and into the void, where I fell… for sometime (most odd). I wondering if this is whats now happening to others.

You can run the map with out the train, a none train pk3 was inclued with zip (see read me doc or this page for more detals)

(blushing_bride) #33

i played the map on my own yesterday. I touched the train and ti went whizzing off into the caves somewhere without me. I ran around looking for it and i think i pulled the lever on the way. When i found the train again and touched it et crashed to desk top. Dunno if thats helpful at all in tracking down this bug.

btw stunning map. i ignored this at first as its a snow map and i usually hate them but this was top.

(Salteh) #34

Aha…
The crashes made us switch to a different map, we’ll probably try the non-train version today then :slight_smile:

(Loffy) #35

Mr Script Mover has many frags/instagibs on his conscience.

(kamikazee) #36

Makes me think of the old stats of my clan’s server… We had one guy who frequently played on the server and the ‘world’ player killed him more then all other players on the server… I think it was about 60% world kills.

(kamikazee) #37

Noticed this recently: I satchel charge the side gate, and it has a strange animation: first it rotates open, then it snaps back in it’s initial place and then falls forward. (direction allied spawn)

(Shazam) #38

I’ve played on your map in 8 vs 8. Good game !
Just a note : most of player were lost in tunnels. They suggest some indications or distinction between 2 subways (maybe by lights colored ?).
Except this, no bug found. Just fun :smiley:

Alpine Assault on Yep Force (Ouichbase mod >no panzer, no sk, no/kill< 193.27.10.26:27960 )

(Chruker) #39

I just saw the map for the first time. Very very very nice. Its beautifull. All the custom models are incredible. Wow.

(Uchronic) #40

From what I saw of the map, i really like it.
Unfortunately it crashes also for me in the caves, even on a server.
Anyone knows how to solve this playerside?

EDIT : Ok here are the omitted details, as I though that you knew about the problem.
Everthing goes perfect until I use the train in the caves. I use it for few seconds (maybe 3), and ET just crash (when I’m still in the train). Back to the desktop. I cannot retrieve anything from the logs.
I though it was just a personal problem when I was hosting the map. But yesterday, I joined a server with your map on it to see it again, as it seems really interesting. It happened exactly the same thing. The server stayed stable, only my game crashed. I was even able to reconnect to the server.
So these are all the details I can give you.
If you think I can tell you more, indicate me precisely what and how.