Alpha Graphics

(Splicerrr) #1

Does anyone else like the closed alpha graphics more than what it is currently? I really liked the grey tint in the game, it made the game feel more war torn and more serious than what it is now. Also it would be nice to have class icons beside everyones names or on cards which was in the video at 1:40. The objective icons on-screen were also much bigger and noticeable. Now its just a hexagon with barely noticeable text. The blood effect at 2:02 was also much better imo, now its just a bright contrast red and to much on the screen. What do you guys think?

(GatoCommodore) #2

you like motion blur and camera shake?
because i dont.

(everlovestruck) #3

@GatoCommodore

I really liked the grey tint in the game
@
you like motion blur and camera shake?

what

(Press E) #4

I’m not really a fan of it. So many games try to force a sense of seriousness with a drab colour palette, so I’m glad DB is trying to set itself apart. Some maps are a bit iffy though, Dome has always felt cold as hell, whereas chapel is warm and bright, so sometimes I’m not sure what SD is doing.
Besides, DB by nature isn’t really a “serious wartorn game”, it’s sort of half goofy and half serious, and I think the current colour palette fits that idea better.

I actually liked a lot of the older effects and animations too. Not quite sure why they changed them. The defib and airstrike marker animations used to look way better. The laser had an amazing distortion effect as well, but I guess that was removed due to performance issues. Though I’m not sure why they wouldn’t leave it as an option for people who could handle it.

(FalC_16) #5

Wow is that a jackal commander commenting on that video?

The graphics looked dope…shame i could not participate on alpha

(Mc1412013) #6

I say for db 1.0 we get a classic mode where every thing works and looks like it did in alpha includi g 3rd fucken eye ffs i realy wanna try out that ability and be able to see what alpha was like.

(Begin2018) #7

Dirty Bomb is still in Alpha stage.

(Splicerrr) #8

@FalC_16 said:
Wow is that a jackal commander commenting on that video?

Holy crap I just noticed lol.