Advancement Crates

(alphabeta) #1

If any developers are still reading this; please change the rewards on Advancement Crates. You shouldn’t grind for 100,000 or so credits only to get a Bronze Loadout Case as your reward. 5 of them? Maybe. But not one. Please, if you want anyone to keep playing the game, give them a reason. I would suggest a Prime Case at the least.

Thanks for your consideration.

(K1X455) #2
  • 2000 credits
  • 500 fragments
  • Random chance to get a 5% gold, 20% silver or 75% Bronze loadout of a random merc… get it? Random of a Random?

We’re losing players left right and centre… They can’t possibly give any more incentive to play

(ASD) #3

Hi,
if you only play the game because of the crates… noone can help you
this is primary a shootergame … grab a gun and start shoooooooting!
Regards
ASD

(Press E) #4

Why can’t they? New players don’t usually spend money on a dying game, old players don’t even need to. It’s not like SD would be losing much by eliminating a lot of the grind at this point. They’re losing players now, and at least this way they might bring in a few more to extend the life of the game by a little bit (and the change of someone buying an obsidian or whatever).

At a certain point you’re just pulling a Lawbreakers. That game was on a fast track to the gutter but it took them until it was all but dead to make it free, at which point it was too late. Might as well do something now, since DB is going that way too

Giving players a free item is a valid marketing strategy. It gives people some investment into a game, even if they’ve never played it. It doesn’t matter if you think crates should be in the game at all, because they are, and there are people who care about them.
Simply, free items pull in players. Players who might learn to like the game for more than just items.

(K1X455) #5

It’s because SD just wants to wrap up the franchise. They don’t feel supported well enough by the players and the players feel disenfranchised by their “balancing” and design considerations. Ask yourself, if all the playerbase has spent at least $20 in 2017, why would SD put an end on the development in 2018? Up there, it’s an ugly battle of economic numbers. Now unless some divine wind blows and fan the flames, things will only get colder and colder.

(alphabeta) #6

They want people to play. Give them a reason to play. Advancement crates should really reward you for playing long enough to earn one. Simple as that.

(alphabeta) #7

Please reconsider this. Grinding for 250,000 XP to get an Advancement Crate should have a greater reward than the Bronze load out card that just drops randomly. Please reward your players for playing!

(Mc1412013) #9

Lot of complaining going atound here for probably the only game curently 100٪ free with no micro transactions

(alphabeta) #10

No; not “a lot of complaining”. I love this game and despite intellectually knowing it will not happen would love for it to continue and development to recur. If I’m a developer and I spent all this time and money, and then see that people keep playing it despite my abandonment maybe I’d reconsider. One simple request that all the new players have (and yes I see new players everyday) is rewards. Simply asking that they make Advancement Crates a bigger deal, with bigger reward. That makes players happy, and they keep playing.

A developer can’t make money on a totally free game, right? How about let us buy credits as well; then you are making money on a game that is costing you only server hosting.

BTW the first post was a year ago!

(Press E) #11

SD is a business. The good PR that comes from making an entire game completely free is worth more than the off chance that some of the ~500 active players left are gonna be crazy enough to buy credits for a game who’s days are numbered. And even if development did kick back up, 500 players isn’t really that profitable when you could divert those resources to something like Gears.
Doing any development work on top of keeping the game up, even small, is just extra lost money that isn’t really going to make a big difference.

Yeah, advancement crates kinda suck and yes it would have been great to improve them, but to do that now? The only people playing DB are old veterans who have everything unlocked and new players who just play for fun because no one wants to grind to progress on a dying game

Ultimately I’d love to see advancement crates improved even now, but I doubt it’s gonna happen

(Your worst knifemare.) #12

I just call them ass crates