about the training here.

(BenYan070) #1

Hey, just wanted to say that i’m playing even from the beta and i’m so angry because no one say nothing about the Training here i mean the assault course…
I think you need to change it, make it better. let us pick any merc/weapon to train with. it can be so much better that we can training aim with other weapons and mercs so we can improve our accuracy and the knowledge of the characters.
Please think about it i think it could add a lot for other players and me :slight_smile:
Thank you.

(dusannfs) #2

I like the idea, much needed. Would also be helpfull for new players, it would allow them to better understand the mercs and the game it self. One problem though,the game has been in beta since release XD

(BenYan070) #3

anybody else want to say something about it? i just hope it will happen some day…

(CyberVonCyberus) #4

it could be used as a way to preview mercs before buying them, much like how in war thunder you can take vehicles you don’t own into a training area for you to test out their weapons and movement

(Da_Mummy) #5

It just wouldn’t make sense to create an assault course for all the mercs just to train the molotov or the laser placement for example.
But I agree that I would love to have access to all Mercs on the assaultcourse or create something like a practice area or shooting range.

(BenYan070) #6

@Da_Mummy said:
It just wouldn’t make sense to create an assault course for all the mercs just to train the molotov or the laser placement for example.
But I agree that I would love to have access to all Mercs on the assaultcourse or create something like a practice area or shooting range.

Yeah, That’s what i meant to say just like “Shooting Range”.

(ARandomLugia) #7

It could be split into an unranked mode and ranked mode. Ranked would function as the current assault course, unranked would allow you access to the normal assault course and a shooting range and access to any merc with any card you want for as long you are in the mode, upon leaving the mode you wouldn’t have access to the anymore.

(Rokon2) #8

You can revamp it however you want, but people are going to skip it and be bad at the game in a real match. What we need are bots that can adapt and learn. The match I was literally just in consisted of players that never left the spawn.

Think about that for a minute.

(Da_Mummy) #9

@Rokon2
We are not talking about a new tutorial, but about a kind of practice area for weapons and abilities in the same spirit as the assaultcourse.

And how in all heavens do you want to slap bots in this game: which merc should they be, should they only protect the objective or are they just supposed to support your team with ammo and health. Even IF the devs would start working on bots now it would take ages to Programm an AI in a class based FPS without them beeing completely useless.
I’m sorry that you get teamed up with AFKs a lot but if you’re playing any kind of online game there will always be that one idiot thats had to change his dippers in the middle of a firefight.

(Rokon2) #10

@Da_Mummy said:
@Rokon2
We are not talking about a new tutorial, but about a kind of practice area for weapons and abilities in the same spirit as the assaultcourse.

And how in all heavens do you want to slap bots in this game: which merc should they be, should they only protect the objective or are they just supposed to support your team with ammo and health. Even IF the devs would start working on bots now it would take ages to Programm an AI in a class based FPS without them beeing completely useless.
I’m sorry that you get teamed up with AFKs a lot but if you’re playing any kind of online game there will always be that one idiot thats had to change his dippers in the middle of a firefight.

Seeing as DB’s running on the Unreal Engine, I’d be hard pressed to believe that SD can’t just take inspiration from the bots in UE or even look at Quake and how it’s programmed to learn how to combat, and utilize that information into creating bots that aren’t total dogshit much like Overwatch. Hell, I’ve had better bot combat from COD Black Ops than that.

In the case of a practice area for abilities, people would still not use it, because they want to jump into the action. I do love the idea, and there are those who would use it, but I feel it’s probably not gonna happen.

(XSheepieX) #11

Overwatch and Paladins both have examples of simple training areas that you could use. There is even a better more Aiming focused course in the training thing for DB.

I honestly would just love to see more courses done. Perhaps just modifying the maps to include the dummies or making small courses for people to try.

If there were a selection of different courses for different mercs i’d be really happy with that.