Ability weapon(melee?) idea! Disc Launcher

(TheStrangerous) #1

Basically The Ripper from UT series, only adjusted to fit into DB gameplay. It launches discs with limited amount of ricochet.

Other possible options:

• Horizontal/Vertical fire mode
  • Melee mode to let it rip!

Please add dismemberment mechanics, PLEEEASE… Not suggesting discs to intagib others, just when they were meant to killed for good.

(Demonic_Muff1n) #2

well the thing is about a disc launcher is that unlike guns the discs will have drop, meaning they’ll have limited range compared to guns and also the projectile speed will be slower compared to guns so it will be harder to shoot fast moving mercs like aura and proxy.

(TheStrangerous) #3

@Demonic_Muff1n said:
well the thing is about a disc launcher is that unlike guns the discs will have drop, meaning they’ll have limited range compared to guns and also the projectile speed will be slower compared to guns so it will be harder to shoot fast moving mercs like aura and proxy.

This is why, the main thing of this gun, would be surprise ricochet. Instead of peeking around corners of narrow passageways, to shoot approaching enemies (example: Trainyard’s second objective generator area). Creating the tactic of playing bilard/pinball game. Thinking like light beam, reflecting at perfect 90 degree angle.

(rotermax1) #4

I really like the idea of a disc launcher in DB. But for it to fit in the game, there needs to be a Merc that it suits, what could be interesting. Adding to that I really like the design you came up with, but I don’t think it fits into the more modern-tech style DB has (for me it looks like an alien gun), but that’s just me :slight_smile: . Nicely done!

(TheStrangerous) #5

If the disc form looks too goofy, no problem, it can look like a C shaped laser/plasma beam, long as it’s ricochet.

The only type of merc I can imagine is either: A complete robot or the discount Ash Williams (highly unlikely, since we have too many cyborg mercs.).