A High Rise Skyscraper Bank Veritical Gameplay Map

(jubilantManatee) #1

I think a map based around a multiple story building would be interesting.

It could begin by attackers attempting breaching the door with C4.

Entering the building puts attackers spawn at ground level, and defenders on the third floor. The second floor contains a vault that must be breached.

The routes to the second floor consist of stairwells and an elevator - the elevator can be operated \ deactivated by a generator.

Breaching the vault moves the defenders to the roof, where there is a getaway helecopter waiting to have the credit container delivered to win.

Attackers spawn in on the vault floor and must make their way to the top and deliver the container.

I think it could be very fun gameplay and scenery, and of course adjusted to fit gameplay.

It could be a bank building or a laboratory- the drugs being stolen in Bridge have to be manufactured somewhere!

(GatoCommodore) #2

[quote=“jubilantManatee;32745”]I think a map based around a multiple story building would be interesting.

It could begin by attackers attempting breaching the door with C4.

Entering the building puts attackers spawn at ground level, and defenders on the third floor. The second floor contains a vault that must be breached.

The routes to the second floor consist of stairwells and an elevator - the elevator can be operated \ deactivated by a generator.

Breaching the vault moves the defenders to the roof, where there is a getaway helecopter waiting to have the credit container delivered to win.

Attackers spawn in on the vault floor and must make their way to the top and deliver the container.

I think it could be very fun gameplay and scenery, and of course adjusted to fit gameplay.

It could be a bank building or a laboratory- the drugs being stolen in Bridge have to be manufactured somewhere![/quote]

you know that DB map has a story?
i mean if you want to present a map you better present the story too to make a set of maps.

(Press E) #3

Except that air support mercs would be almost completely useless for most of the map, except the roof and the outside area. I suppose you could include some balconies or something, but it’s not much at all.

Look at Underground. Every stage of that map has some area for air support, but this would barely have anything.

(Frogteam) #4

[quote=“STARRYSOCK;207633”]Except that air support mercs would be almost completely useless for most of the map, except the roof and the outside area. I suppose you could include some balconies or something, but it’s not much at all.

Look at Underground. Every stage of that map has some area for air support, but this would barely have anything.[/quote]

If it was something like a construction site it could work. The third floor has no ceiling, and is incomplete so there are some openings down to the second floor. Then the second floor just needs to have a key opening or two onto the first floor.

The same could be done with a partially destroyed building, with the third floor being the roof.

This is a real Signature.

(Press E) #5

[quote=“Frogteam;207634”][quote=“STARRYSOCK;207633”]Except that air support mercs would be almost completely useless for most of the map, except the roof and the outside area. I suppose you could include some balconies or something, but it’s not much at all.

Look at Underground. Every stage of that map has some area for air support, but this would barely have anything.[/quote]

If it was something like a construction site it could work. The third floor has no ceiling, and is incomplete so there are some openings down to the second floor. Then the second floor just needs to have a key opening or two onto the first floor.

The same could be done with a partially destroyed building, with the third floor being the roof.

This is a real Signature.[/quote]

I suppose so. It would have to have some sort of open area in the center, but even then, eh.
It would have to be a pretty unusual building. Tight hallways aren’t exactly Dirty Bomb’s strongsuit, just look at what nader does.

(Terminal_6) #6

I’ve thought about a high-rise map, and I really like the idea, but you couldn’t have it intact, as mentioned by others. A construction site would help; I’ve been thinking of an abandoned CDA reconstruction of a partially bombed skyscaper. Well, not partially bombed. Not entirely destroyed, I mean.
Alternatively, you could start the attackers on the roof and have the C4 objective(s) expose lower floors to air support.

(Wolf_Darkrose) #7

two major things people do not put in to mind when maps are conceded. 1 it has to have strong and weak points for almost all mercs aka medics and objective and assaults plus there ability’s. 2 and the big one most do not know is that all the maps are linked by a story that plays out from map to map kinda like tf2 comic or overwatch.

(jubilantManatee) #8

The entrance, and the rooftop are accessible for fire support and snipers.

A vertical map could be made to cater to all play styles.

To be viable, it would have to be a large horizontal playfield, so there are not excessive chokepoints. It can be done.

It could have a lobby, ala the movie the Matrix, with pillars providing cover and explosive barriers. Or any number of variations.

It could be partially modeled after splash damage offices!

It could have a cubicle area to fight in, real servers to deliver charges, elevators that made sense to take moving you more then one floor, a generator room in the basement, a vault…

(JJMAJR) #9

I like the idea of a vertically oriented map. But in order for this to work out, fire supports need a way to have their nuking abilities in the field.

One option is to make the skyscraper under construction, but I find this less than ideal.

Another would be to implement some kind of portal-style skybox gimmick, but then again…

Finally there could be objects that interact with ammunition packs, like mortars. It’s like giving FS classes rechargeable grenades. There could also be bulletproof glass that allows Kira’s laser to pass through floors. Stoker would not need any of these things.

(Thai-San) #10

To move away from skyscrapers but keeping the idea of a vertical map layout:
I always enjoyed fights in the Palmer Taylor Power Station of GTA5. It has a very vertical layout but also uses horizontal space. Narrow paths but you are still able to jump to another layer if you have to. Also it has many open parts (gaps between pipes or the area surrounding the actual structure) so snipers and airsupport would be viable. It would even award very good sniping by them being able to hit you through small gaps of pipes.

With DBs movement such a layout would offer plenty of trickjump possibilities and would surely be fun once you mastered the twisted paths.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/gtawiki/images/b/b2/PalmerTaylor-GTAV-nextgen.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140610193104

(Nervous) #11

I like the idea of a vertical map…

Nothing forcing you to bring a merc who is only useful for the top of the map where the objective is.

Suits a judge dred type setting very well. Infact get Judge dredd licence and re-skin the merc and sorted :slight_smile:

(Dr_Plantboss) #12

The only problem other than fire support mercs (which would have been worked around already very nicely by @Frogteam ) would be useless noob snipers who wouldn’t understand that maybe a smaller map like this WOULDN’T be worth picking a Vassili… who am I kidding, they’d be useless anyway.