so I do feel that both fragger and javelin have been being picked at around the same rate (with one being banned more commonly that the other). I’ve felt javelin to be a niche merc from the start and I don’t really feel that niche is for me. I preferred fragger’s nades and nader’s nades to her rocket when compared to anything but javelin at release because of the fact that they can be charged silently or in the case of nader instantly too. these changes focus on fragger and Javelin despite me mentioning nader.
first up I feel it’s important to look at how fragger and Javelin should work:
fragger: should be a point man. player slayer. start the fight with your nade then push in and tank damage for your team. once the push is complete he should be able to go over to a popular route that leads from spwan back to the choke and time a nade to take out one or two of the enemy team so that the next fight is easier or the enemy team decide to wait for the rest of them to respawn (depending on how many where killed by the spawn nade and the subsequent bullet trading that could happen from the spawn nade)
Javelin: Javelin should feel a bit like fragger but should not be as effective as he is at what he does. However Javelin has the advantage of doing large damage to objectives and giving ammo. due to the fact that the cooldown on a rocket is 75% longer without recharge and still 52 (ish) % longer with the augment the rocket should be more potent than a nade as javelin also has less health. her rocket should be highly audible and dodge-able but has a larger aoe and a direct hit instagib potential.
both: can you actually fix the explosive bug that you mentioned in 1.0’s patch notes as I feel the bug has gotten worse if anything. nothing but walls should block the explosion (not players not equipment and not a tiny tube on the floor).
- Increased hp to 140. (so he can tank for his team a little bit better
- even if aura is on 1hp and is within the area to take the full 170 damage of a nade she will no longer be instagibbed. the nade can’t kill and gib in the same shot
- javelin now takes 20% more damage while charging a rocket (you could try this on a test server and tweak the numbers here). this should make javelin worse at being able to use a rocket on one person so that she must pre-charge the rocket
- Increased the time it takes to pull out a rocket by 20%. this is so javelin will find it a little harder to pull it out in a 1v1 going bad for her.
- Increased inner rocket aoe so that it now holds it’s 215 damage (was 200). until 2m of area of effect (was 0.1-0.5m I don’t know which one). so that the rocket holds its damage for longer (the damage increase is so it can kill rhino with the unshakeable augment)
- Increased outer aoe to 4.5m (was 4.1m). this (when paired with change 3) should make javelin better at killing groups
Just as a side note I’d also like to mention 1 thing I’d like to see happen to nader and another2 to thunder
- reduced nade launcher rpm by 20%
- removed slow effect on the concussion grenade (maybe lower cd to 18s or something so that it’s still usable)
- increased health to 170