2 days since last post here in Brink discussion...

(xTriXxy) #1

My opinion is, ETQW2 should be next SD game.

From time to time im checking SD forums whats new here. Seems, nothing…

(DarkangelUK) #2

You’re checking the Brink section of the forum, not the SD forum… there’s a difference.

(amazinglarry) #3

Propaganda!

(OMGITSJASON) #4

Think i’ll go check out the SD section.

(morguen87) #5

lol
at basically making a multiplayer only game with no demo.

…at the thought dressing up barbies would take priority over solid gunplay

…at the thought unlockable skills could ever be seen as a good thing for a “competitive fps”

…at asking for community feedback way too late when it’s improbable to change anything that actually matters through small patches after the game has already been released and subsequently already lost all its players.

…at the pr debacle and withholding update information from the few players that still wanted to contribute to any semblance of a community.

…at tournaments offering prizes and no one willing to play; lol at no one wanting to play brink even if they basically get paid to do it.

…at a company obviously on the decline still riding the merits of a “game” that was basically just a multiplayer mod they released almost a decade ago

…and lol at Splash Damage for alienating much of their community and many long time fans.

Brink is Splash Damage’s scarlet letter and any game they’re involved with, whether it’s a Brink sequel or not, will still beg the question…is it another Brink?

Back to the basement where you belong SD. Bye Bye. It’s cute you tried to throw your hat into the ring with the big boys for a time, but you’ve failed miserably. miserably.

QuakeWars was a commendable “A for effort” type of thing and could have been forgivable if you showed you learned and stepped up your game for the next one. Lol, Brink was a million steps backwards and a total disaster. There is so much wrong with the game it’s no wonder why no one is still here talking about it

(Gradis) #6

ouch.

but yes brink was bad. Any1 fancy a game of qw?

(Patriotqube) #7

[QUOTE=Gradis;397743]ouch.

but yes brink was bad. Any1 fancy a game of qw?[/QUOTE]

WET > QW by a mile and you know that :slight_smile:

true just checked 40 brink servers 9 ppl on in total, thats a dead game R.I.P.

(H0RSE) #8

Exactly. but RTCW > WET. I would also say Brink > QW

Regardless how much better QW may be as a competitive, polished game, I simply had a lot more fun playing Brink, and that is the most important thing when playing games.

(.FROST.) #9

Nice retro-thread you got going here. Nice to see Red Star Hardcore is still around. And morguen87; you have at least one crack in your record, or is it just the dust of ages?