Your top5 features Dirty Bomb needs before going into open beta?

(BomBaKlaK) #21
  1. MAPS !
  2. MAPS !
  3. Server Binaries
  4. Stable servers
  5. Custom crosshair
  6. A cup of tea

(ragnak) #22
  1. Servers stability (no more warps, crashes and slowdowns ;( )

2. Better audio (audible footsteps, audible mg, explosives not muffling every other sound, no more sound cut offs, no more echo, better audio levels all around, a way to disable hit feedback when you are getting hit).

3. Loadouts/monetization system rework (its no fun at all at the moment, let me customise at least something ;( and i hate rng).

4. Maps fixes/New maps.

5. Bug fixes/polish/game balance (i think that both air strike and artillery needs a rework, red markers doesnt work and i always thought that those were place holders anyway -_-)

Thats probably my top 5 at the moment, everything else can be added at the later date but those are high priority imo ( especially servers and sound).

(Szakalot) #23

Lol, I thought the same; but by this point even forgot about it xD

(tangoliber) #24

Lots of cool features can be added, but I think the game is ready for Open Beta now.

A top-down map for spectator mode would be nice for the Dirty Cups and ESL.

(prophett) #25

Forgot 10+ and 20+ servers

(MoonOnAStick) #26

[ol]
[li]Server autonomy (whether that’s actual binaries or rental through Nexon).
[/li][li]Some means of getting custom content onto rented servers.
[/li][li]Linux/OSX support (removal of the Nexon launcher is one less impediment. I can dream, right? :slight_smile:
[/li][li]Proper top-down view and 10 foot UI for spectators.
[/li][li]Another couple of maps couldn’t hurt.
[/li][/ol]

[QUOTE=amazinglarry;529387]Some of the ‘features DB needs BEFORE going into OPEN BETA’ listed here must be from players on completely different planets.[/QUOTE]Haha, fair enough. Pop 2 and 3 on the back burner.

(kenpokiller) #27

Renting servers
allowed to make custom maps, mods, skins
Server settings to adjust augments, perks, config settings and how many times you can jump
Trickjump servers

(BomBaKlaK) #28

This ! ABSOLUTELY !

(Strid) #29

I wonder if this game is going to have an ELO system and players divided in tiers for matchmakings, like mobas usually have (LoL, Smite…). Did the devs ever touch this subject?

I still don’t get what the “competitive mode” is going to be like.

(tangoliber) #30

[QUOTE=Strid;529380]I wonder if this game is going to have an ELO system and players divided in tiers for matchmakings, like mobas usually have (LoL, Smite…). Did the devs ever touch this subject?

I still don’t get what the “competitive mode” is going to be like.[/QUOTE]

If I recall correctly, they do want that…but you need a lot of players for it to work. (Probably need a good 50,000 players online at a time).

(ailmanki) #31

Personally, maps, performance, configs
Else, very important would be something which gives more then the current system with these cards for mercs, it’s not satisfiyng/addictive enough.

(Protekt1) #32
  1. more performance options, basically bypass the need to use an altered config file by giving those options in game.
  2. really heavy amounts of polish on the home screen, loadouts, store, and basically everything UI related. It needs to be snappy and look snappy. This includes the pre-game loadout selection screen - if I ever had to select 3 mercs it would take forever and there isn’t enough time to do that.
  3. steam market/trade support
  4. server scaling (once the flood gates open, you want everyone to be capable of playing without server issues or lacking servers)
  5. death screen stats (stats for your last life played, makes something interesting to look at while dead after you are gibbed and waiting for respawn)
  6. HUD options/customization, including crosshair, icons for friendly players, icons for objectives, HUD item placement like moving the map or whatever.

No particular order.

(MoonOnAStick) #33

[QUOTE=tangoliber;529381]If I recall correctly, they do want that…but you need a lot of players for it to work. (Probably need a good 50,000 players online at a time).[/QUOTE]Would you really need that many? I’d have thought you could make a pretty good stab with one tenth (or less) of those concurrent players*.
Probably need a few more than the current player counts, but I absolutely expect ranked mm to be sorted once the beta is open.

*based on absolutely zero evidence

(amazinglarry) #34

Some of the ‘features DB needs BEFORE going into OPEN BETA’ listed here must be from players on completely different planets.

(tangoliber) #35

[QUOTE=MoonOnAStick;529385]Would you really need that many? I’d have thought you could make a pretty good stab with one tenth (or less) of those concurrent players*.
Probably need a few more than the current player counts, but I absolutely expect ranked mm to be sorted once the beta is open.

*based on absolutely zero evidence[/QUOTE]

Yea, I don’t really know. My number is based off zero evidence as well. It just feels to me like you would need a lot, after you divide everyone by region, skill tiers, and mode.

(montheponies) #36
  1. Ranked matchmaking - and some way for MM to be encouraged, eg, additional XP, display estimated wait time etc
  2. SW specific maps
  3. Proper spawnwave (no, ‘spawn when u like’ ****).
  4. UI fixes, esp for G-sync users, like wading through treacle just now…
  5. Improved spectator UI (purple and yellow…dear lord).

tomorrow I’ll probably come up with a different list…so in the words of billy connolly;

(sunshinefats) #37
  1. Performance/Netcode optimizations/fixes
  2. More diversity/choice in weapons for each class
  3. Proper reporting system for cheaters
  4. Stop nerfing fragger’s grenade; it’s already bad enough now
  5. More diversity of routes in maps

(PinkFrog) #38

^this. This is always going to be an uphill battle and we don’t know if they will have the man-power to sort out reports, but it’s so very much needed.

(ZGToRRent) #39
  1. Server binaries
  2. Stats/Ranks/Matchmaking
  3. Performance tweaks
  4. Maps
  5. Smaller prizes :stuck_out_tongue:

(Violator) #40
  1. SDK
  2. Maps
  3. Team auto-balance / ‘ghost bug’
  4. Performance
  5. ECHO stats access for players
  6. Min-level as well as max-level servers.