WIP - Supply Depot DB Edition

(kenpokiller) #21

It’d be nice when you get to the finishing touches you place buildings at spawns a tad differently because we jump from walls now rather then from ground.

Anyhow great work so far. Would be fun if we get to playing it ^^

(Volcano) #22

//youtu.be/i811ycoTopA

(Demolama) #23

Looks good Volcano. Supply Depot was one of the first maps designed for W:ET with comps in mind (being designed by a comp player), and it remained a top notch comp map even to this day. One of the greatest things about W:ET is that many of the comp maps were created by members of the comp community, or by those who designed their maps using alpha players to test them and provide feedback. Sometimes it worked,(Iffy’s Dubrovnik), and sometimes it didn’t (Iffy’s Rummel). But ultimately it was the comp community that determined whether a map was good enough to use.

With that said, I was just thinking recently that two other W:ET community created comp maps, Beer Run and Special Delivery, might make good remakes for DB as well. Both maps were create by comp players using comp player’s feedback and were two of the most used maps in those early league days. (And yes I know that early Special Delivery had fps issues that prevented its adoption in the first few early W:ET competitions,mainly because the map makers were not expert level designers, but the map was later fixed by members of the community because the design was good). I’m still friendly with the designers of both of those maps (one actually plays DB), but neither I nor them have used UDK so having one of us porting it over may not be an option. But I would like to hear if anyone disagrees with having either of those maps ported

(prophett) #24

Lookin good m8! Hope to play it some day.

I started to make a radar remake awhile back but stopped until there is actual support for mapping. Adopted a Dirty Bomb style (and would need to obstruct sigh lines on 2nd stage of map so a sniper couldn’t lock down the map by camping east or west parts and increase spacing/travel times around forwards spawns, and west radar doc run)
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/36367-mp_royaldocks?highlight=royal+dock

I really hope to see a Steam Workshop for Dirty BOmb and for us to create maps, models, skins, etc…

(Violator) #25

Good work so far :slight_smile: Sort the SDK out SD :wink:

Some things to think about -
Stick to the grid, that way you’ll avoid those tiny lips on overlapping walls / floors e.g. at 3:58.
For steps overlay them with an invisible slope to avoid juddering
Some of the doors seem a bit narrow?

(prophett) #26

Nice tip - thanks for that!

The room and doorway spacing has been increased in a newer version :smiley:

(Demolama) #27

[QUOTE=prophett;537651]Lookin good m8! Hope to play it some day.

I started to make a radar remake awhile back but stopped until there is actual support for mapping. Adopted a Dirty Bomb style (and would need to obstruct sigh lines on 2nd stage of map so a sniper couldn’t lock down the map by camping east or west parts and increase spacing/travel times around forwards spawns, and west radar doc run)
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/36367-mp_royaldocks?highlight=royal+dock

I really hope to see a Steam Workshop for Dirty BOmb and for us to create maps, models, skins, etc…[/QUOTE]

boo only on founder forums!

(prophett) #28

I’ll post in a different thread - don’t want to derail Volcano’s

(Volcano) #29

[QUOTE=Violator;537653]Good work so far :slight_smile: Sort the SDK out SD :wink:

Some things to think about -
Stick to the grid, that way you’ll avoid those tiny lips on overlapping walls / floors e.g. at 3:58.
For steps overlay them with an invisible slope to avoid juddering
Some of the doors seem a bit narrow?[/QUOTE]

ill keep the slope in mind next time, i was just changing step height,length and number of steps most of the time
you’re right many of the doors aren’t wide enough its not that high on my to do list right now

(Volcano) #30

//youtu.be/aJ0fr62-gLw

i broke a house edition