Windows 7 stutter

(Scennative) #21

Please! When you make a new release, then make a new hp. The old is… :stuck_out_tongue:

(Shownie) #22

I would be happy with just the omni-bot update and if possible some fixes. The rest is great as it is!
:wink:

(Dragonji) #23

IMO omni-bot support is least needed :P. I don’t enjoy playing with bots, prefer doing it with people :slight_smile:

(Shownie) #24

True words, but since there are many servers using omni-bots I am sure they would like to have an update with the latest…

But lets see what he will bring us :slight_smile:

(Scennative) #25

Just a note…

I’ve added specialized builds for Athlon64, AMD K10, and Intel Core2.

Thanks to tjimboo, who hooked me up with a test server!

With Omnibot 0.81 support complete, I’ve started working on LUA. I’m just going to derive it from ETPub’s implementation, as there’s no need to reinvent the wheel here. I’ll make it object based instead though

Well I’ve already got OB 0.81 support done. I’ve got a couple security fixes done, and a couple people pointed out a couple more to look at, so I imagine that’s kind of a big deal. Also fixed the artillery shake bug (I think at least). Not to mention the changes for wide screen displays.

from Jaymod Forum :slight_smile:

(Shownie) #26

Epic news!

Thanks Jaybird for doing this!

(shagileo) #27

hohohohoho sounds good !
can’t wait

(Shownie) #28

[QUOTE=shagileo;272771]hohohohoho sounds good !
can’t wait[/QUOTE]

I can wait… :tongue:

(Shownie) #29

Here are my plans for the future:

I just released the 2.1.8 version, and if all is well for a few days I will announce its release and hopefully see some good adoption. I am considering this release as a release candidate for 2.2.0, which is a stable branch version number. If all is well with it, I will release 2.1.8, along with any important bugfixes, as 2.2.0 and begin work on the next beta branch, 2.3.0.

As the wide screen changes were introduced in the 2.1.8 release, any changes made after the 2.2.0 release will be made to the 2.3.x branch but also backported to 2.2.x. This also goes for severe bug fixes and security patching.

The 2.3.x series will have some fairly major changed I’d like to accomplish, including:

LUA support (2.1.8 has the LUA library embedded in it, but I haven't done much work on it and you can't use it).
Major overhaul of the HUD. I plan on making use of non-scaling elements and fonts to clear clutter and update the overall feel.
Integrate SQLite into the server and move over the admin system. Doing so will make the various db systems easier to maintain, allow easier extension, and may just inspire someone to write a nice GUI for admin setup.

Keep in mind that nothing is set in stone here. I just wanted to give you all a heads up as to what I’m thinking about.

Latest from Jaybird <3

(mortis) #30

It’s good to see that the old school players are still alive and kicking!

(Indloon) #31

It depends what do you mean under old school players.
Oldschool player is that who has played RCTW since it came out and went over to RTCW.
Jaybird is coder,not oldschool,he is newschooler^^
Oldschool players don´t play Jaymod, for some known reasons. (as its for noobs,lamers…etc)
And I hope with that new, Bani will open ETpro project again, because of Jaymod is alive again, I would be so happy.

(jaybird) #32

[QUOTE=Genert;274182]It depends what do you mean under old school players.
Oldschool player is that who has played RCTW since it came out and went over to RTCW.
Jaybird is coder,not oldschool,he is newschooler^^
Oldschool players don´t play Jaymod, for some known reasons. (as its for noobs,lamers…etc)
And I hope with that new, Bani will open ETpro project again, because of Jaymod is alive again, I would be so happy.[/QUOTE]

First, I’ve been playing ET since 2004. That’s SEVEN years ago. I think one could legitimately call that “oldschool” if they wanted to. And yeah I played RTCW as well, just didn’t mod for it.

And why the hate on the mod? It wasn’t developed as a competition mod; rather, it was developed as something for server admins to have fun with, and give players a little something different without completely changing the feel of the game. If you actually took the time to read up on it, you’d find (and credits for Zinx of ETPro for this) that we have the best, tightest hitboxes in ET, we have ETPro’s same antiwarp, and our reconciled hit tracing is dead accurate. Those aren’t “noob” or “lamer” features.

I suspect your disapproval should be aimed at the servers that set up a more arcade/fun experience. You ought to try the mod under settings that appeal more to you before making such judgements.

(Destroy666) #33

[QUOTE=Genert;274182]
And I hope with that new, Bani will open ETpro project again, because of Jaymod is alive again, I would be so happy.[/QUOTE]

Oh, so you think you are ‘noob’ (hate that stupid childish word) because you play on Jaymod too? If you hate it, why do you play on it? It’s so funny to see on Jaymod servers some ‘pro’ whiners who are crying about it instead of going to other servers. Ridiculous.
Also, ever heard about FUN? That’s what is a game for, not only competitions. Jaymod is the best mod for public fragging/sniper/panzer servers. Why? It contains the best admin system and it’s ‘playerfriendly’ and relaxing.

Also do you think Bani cares about Jaymod being developed and will code because he thinks 'I’m jealous that Jaymod is developed and I want to be the best!!"? No.

(mortis) #34

Although I didn’t play RtCW (mostly because I was busy playing UT in those days), I still consider jaybird, zinx, reyalp, ifurita and many others to be the Founding Fathers of ET. In the beginning days, before the game patches that fixed ET almost entirely, the mod community was playing a huge role in correcting exploits and de-borking the game, since it was basically released unfinished. The game is nearly 8 years old now, so I define old-school as players who have been shaping the game since its launch. Were it not for their work and the continued popularity of the game, I doubt very much that we would be patched up to 2.60b like we are now…

Regardless it is still nice to see the same awesome people who greatly influenced the post release development of the game …no hair splitting needed.

–Mortis