When will DB be back online again?

[QUOTE=Nail;519940]that’s not us

more likely SD and/or Nexon[/QUOTE]

ok ty for info

(Njsfirth) #22

More than likely the devs just testing stuff as they implement it.

poke :slight_smile:

Sup SD :slight_smile: How you doing?

(Silvanoshi) #24

Oh, just fine thanks. We’re still busy working away on the next update for Dirty Bomb. As mentioned before, there’s going to be a bit of a wait before it goes live. We’ll be able to give you a better idea of the timeline as we close in on that joyous day. :stroggbanana:

In the meantime, feel free to continue asking questions, providing feedback, and poking us for a date for the next release! :stuck_out_tongue:

(spookify) #25

[QUOTE=Silvanoshi;520084]Oh, just fine thanks. We’re still busy working away on the next update for Dirty Bomb. As mentioned before, there’s going to be a bit of a wait before it goes live. We’ll be able to give you a better idea of the timeline as we close in on that joyous day. :stroggbanana:

In the meantime, feel free to continue asking questions, providing feedback, and poking us for a date for the next release! :P[/QUOTE]

I think you could have been way more cryptic with this response.

I think you could have said “We’ll be able to give you a better idea of the timeline as we close in on that lovely day.” Hinting around February 14th aka Valentines Day.

:smiley:

But in all honesty and I have asked this before is there any area you would like to hear feedback on? Smooth recently posted a Map vote and I have recently gone crazy about weapons drops in the previous update thread only to be shot down by smooth :wink: but is there anything you would like use to talk about? We have time with DB offline.

(Szakalot) #26

[QUOTE=spookify;520085]
But in all honesty and I have asked this before is there any area you would like to hear feedback on? Smooth recently posted a Map vote and I have recently gone crazy about weapons drops in the previous update thread only to be shot down by smooth :wink: but is there anything you would like use to talk about? We have time with DB offline.[/QUOTE]

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to spookify again.

Very good point!

We all have our hopes&dreams about what DB will/could be, it sure would help put those into words if we knew what devs are looking for the most.

[QUOTE=Silvanoshi;520084]Oh, just fine thanks. We’re still busy working away on the next update for Dirty Bomb. As mentioned before, there’s going to be a bit of a wait before it goes live. We’ll be able to give you a better idea of the timeline as we close in on that joyous day. :stroggbanana:

In the meantime, feel free to continue asking questions, providing feedback, and poking us for a date for the next release! :P[/QUOTE]

Awesome :slight_smile:

Dont forget to stream when you play :smiley: xD

Alright, I really enjoy Gun Game for CS:S with all the crazy fun GunGane custom maps. I’ll go make a thread asking you about, and making a poll as well. :slight_smile: I LÖVE Gun Game :slight_smile: weeeee

(montheponies) #28

Seen as you how you asked - when will you be releasing the next update :stuck_out_tongue:

(Runeforce) #29

What? No waterfall? But waterfall is so cool and 1970’s!

(mortis) #30

I knuckled under and upgraded my Windows XP system to Win 7 to run the Steam client, and then it’s gone. :wink:

–Mortis

(Silvanoshi) #31

[QUOTE=Nail;519940]that’s not us

more likely SD and/or Nexon[/QUOTE]

Yup, spot on.

[QUOTE=mortis;520167]I knuckled under and upgraded my Windows XP system to Win 7 to run the Steam client, and then it’s gone. :wink:

–Mortis[/QUOTE]

At least you’re ready to rock when the next phase of testing comes online :)!

(ToonBE) #32

[QUOTE=Silvanoshi;520180]Yup, spot on.

At least you’re ready to rock when the next phase of testing comes online :)![/QUOTE]

Hey Silvanoshi,

Will the game be back within days or will it be weeks?

CSGO is not my cup of tea :smiley:

(Silvanoshi) #33

It’ll be weeks. Hang in there, you can do it, I believe in you!

(.FROST.) #34

Just re-installed Loadout for the time being. Played it the last time when it came out approximately a year ago, but didn’t really got into it back then. Looking at it now it’s reasonably enjoyable and much more fun than any of those modern military shooters out there. I don’t even have the passion to test any of those “MMS” games, because I’m already so bored by their looks alone.

PS: Can it actually be, that nobody is making a shooter game, that has all the good parts of BRINK in it(except for DB ofc)? And please spare me the ingenious remark, that BRINK had no good parts; or similar witty comments. Thnx in advance :* :* :*

(slanir) #35

I think the wait would be a lot easier if you gave us some appetizers of what’s to come… :cool:

(sunshinefats) #36

at least I have dying light to fill my time while I wait…it’s like a better version of dead island with parkour. Not the best game ever by any stretch but it’s keeping my interest. And they claim theres about 50 hours of content not including MP and VS so that ought to keep me occupied. :slight_smile:

(.FROST.) #37

Mr. Spider-Zombie(be the zombie-mode) has kinda put the last nail in the DL-coffin for me. I was talking quite a bit about the look of many modern games atm and that they all kinda look the same, and DL is absolutely no exeption in this regard. Oddly enough though, compared to DL, I actually find the upcoming Dead Island 2 much more appealing, at least from its look, even though it’s still not what I’d wish from a zombie game.

What I genuinely hate in most zombie games:

Too many zombies to kill… Sounds odd, but I’m not a person that actually enjoys beating the holy crap out of semi-people, even if they are already dead. Imo the whole point and central idea of the zombie-genre is that those dead people were once living breathing people with dreams and fears and may have even been related to you in one way, or the other. But in most zombie games this whole drama aspect completely vanishes and your ingame character appears to enjoy nothing more than to dismember and mutilate the walking dead with a ridiculous arsenal of makeshift weapons and explosives.

When can we finally get a game where killing zombies is actually a thing and not just a joyfull side activity?

As I’ve already said; Telltale are kinda the only people that understand the genre, but their games aren’t a 100% games, even though I love to play them. They are more like a mix of interactive graphic novels and a traditional TV show.

What I want in a zombie game;

A 18-25hrs SP campaign(no tacked on MP), with a strong narrative, unique characters, interesting and satisfying gameplay mechanics and an atmosphere, dense like an effing concrete wall. Only realistic weapon-crafting, and running away, or outflanking the zombies should be your best option most of the time.

Why the hell is that so hard to do and what’s so entertaining in literally mowing down thousands of zombies in videogames like Dying Light, Dead Island, and Dead Rising, etc.?

(Volcano) #38

killing people with no repercussion and in silly ways (dead rising) unlike say gta in which the police will come after you

(BioSnark) #39

eh, last of us was supposed to have an interesting narrative and characters with slower paced action.

dying light looks like a fun-with-friends shooting and looting experience like borderlands or dead island and that can’t really be serious.

(.FROST.) #40

[QUOTE=BioSnark;520241]eh, last of us was supposed to have an interesting narrative and characters with slower paced action.

dying light looks like a fun-with-friends shooting and looting experience like borderlands or dead island and that can’t really be serious.[/QUOTE]

Well, TLoU was the game that lead me to buy me my first console ever, need I say more? :wink: Elli was a great character(Joel paled a little bit in comparison to her) and Bill(the gay guy; sry if political incorrect) and many others where also really good and felt like real persons. It was a great game with a lot of grey instead of the good ol’ black&white in it. I think this game really came the closest to a, imo, perfect zombie/infected game(in the traditional sense, as opposed to TT’s interactive storytelling).

Including everything, from graphics, to gameplay, to characters and OST, etc, TLoU gets a 8 ~ 8.5 on my zombie/infected scale. Telltale’s TWD gets a 8.5 ~ 9, mostly for a couple key moments in the 2nd season and one particular ending in that season. No game has ever even remotely achieved to make me feel emotionally so touched like those few moments. Season one was already fantastic, but season two really built on that foundation in the best way possible; the characters were just great, all of them.