When is the DLC Coming?

(sereNADE) #21

Is anybody honestly so impatient for DLC? we played, we cried, we trolled, we understood and empathized with SD and felt a little burn in our wallet but to think that DLC as an apology is a crucial hinge in your gaming life… Which has found itself rolling faster down the steeper quality decline; games or the people who play them? If you are looking for DLC to be said sorry for buying the game I guarantee you are setting yourself up to justify more bashing.

(nephandys) #22

I would hope that most people don’t want the DLC free as a sorry for buying the game, but as a sorry for the horrendous amount of lag that basically made the game unplayable online for about 2 weeks+. There is nothing about the DLC that is going to really change the game. So if you don’t like the game and you literally want a sorry in the format of the DLC you are going to be wanting one even more afterwards because the game will essentially be the same.

*I’m not quoting you in order to respond to your post 'NADE, but because your post was the springboard for my thoughts.

(Tandem) #23

Poor Brink.

(NthLegion) #24

Not so much the DLC as the balance update that comes with it.

(Seiniyta) #25

[QUOTE=nephandys;360005]I would hope that most people don’t want the DLC free as a sorry for buying the game, but as a sorry for the horrendous amount of lag that basically made the game unplayable online for about 2 weeks+. There is nothing about the DLC that is going to really change the game. So if you don’t like the game and you literally want a sorry in the format of the DLC you are going to be wanting one even more afterwards because the game will essentially be the same.

*I’m not quoting you in order to respond to your post 'NADE, but because your post was the springboard for my thoughts.[/QUOTE]

I think you underestimate how much effect new abilities can have on the gameplay of a game.

(SinDonor) #26

Agreed. Levels and weapons and outfits are nice. But I want my weapon tweaks on the 360.

(nephandys) #27

They’re certainly going to affect how matches play out, but not create a game people like out of one they don’t. Bear with me, but basically every new ability added is a variation of something already in game. Napalm nades = caltrops + fire, pyro mines = mine w/ fire, med station = AOE metabolism, UAV (a flying nade you can control [I know that’s a simplification]), and spot other people’s buffs. All I see being added is the gameplay mechanic of fire and the ability to see enemy buffs. Everything else we already have in one form or another. Therefore, while strategies on maps, vs. classes, etc. may change, core gameplay mechanics will remain exactly the same. If you don’t like Brink now adding 1,000,000,000,000+ abilities, outfits, etc. will probably not change that.

The only thing IMO that would actually change core gameplay is either new game modes (CTF for example), maps that function differently (ex: both teams going for same obj), tweaking guns (especially if they reduced spread and increased need for accuracy), etc.

(BiigDaddyDellta) #28

the DLC is a FAIL a ****ing farse, they can’t keep their heads straight I’m not sure who they’re trying to please but I’m sick of waiting. maybe if they give up and just start on the next DLC we’ll recieve that one by next year… time to let this one go.

(BiigDaddyDellta) #29

I agree with the spread, these luck based shoot offs are pretty sorry. I’m a dead eye most of the time and I can’t keep my damn gun straight in this game to save my life… litterally.

(BROTOX) #30

W/E, this warrants cap locks imo. And I am a big supporter of this game (posting mostly on that other forum) and have defended the developers tooth and nail but in light of this recent news and how this whole situation is being mishandled, I can no longer trust what they have to say… because their silence speaks volumes more than “we will tell you something when we know.”.We only need to know one thing, SD can’t get their act together and were being strung along for the ride but of course they aren’t going to tell you that, just “thanks for your patients.” I love the game, I have no problems other than lack of pregame lobby and a few minor things but the only reason I feel owed this DLC is because it was originally supposed to be on disk. Again, I love this game but I hate how the developers are fumbling up this DLC fiasco.

(Lozmuir) #31

Even when the DLC comes out, I bet we’ll all get bored after a couple of weeks again.

(ScumBag) #32

Correct. But at least I might be able to find a decent NA server after DLC and get a few games in. I haven’t been able to play online in over a month, mainly because I refuse to search for servers with >200 ping. On the West Coast of the US this leaves me with no options. DLC might revive some of the player base for a few days so I can give Brink a proper funeral.

(BomBaKlaK) #33

ok ! I’m done !
dont care anymore ! Bored to wait so long
and already bored of the 6 little map for 50 boxs !

I leave this forum to !
it’s useless to speak over here, there is just people who speak about a broken game with dev who absultly dont care about players. I dont trust anymore SD !

So I think some people here are happy to see me leaving this forum but in few times this forum gonna be dead as the game is ! So have fun maybe see ya in game sometimes to test the DLC but now waiting for a new IP like Rage / BF3 or RO2.

Cya ! happy Broken DLC waiiting !

special thought for Jrad :wink:

Bye bye !

(hellreturn) #34

The game is already dead… I don’t understand what you guys are waiting for. DLC would be like flowers on dead person lol

(Crytiqal) #35

Aren’t you supposed to be BRINK hardcore fan?

(xTriXxy) #36

brink “harcore” club and its “fans” is last remaining nail into brink coffin. at least they play brink, or pretend to.

(Jimmy James) #37

Got kicked out to the desktop just now but about to log back in and play some more.

-JJ

(Bittermetal) #38

if its dead, does that make you a necrophiliac? Or just someone who finds comfort rhetorically wankin’ on “dead” game forums?

(Terminator514) #39

LOL! :tongue:

(Terminator514) #40

Oh yeah, I pretend to play Brink or the time just for kicks. Sometimes I like to go on other games forums and pretend I play those games too. For instance the Hello Kitty: Island Adevntures forums, I’m on those all the time. /sarcasm