What is Dirty Bomb?

(Silvanoshi) #21

[QUOTE=DeployMortar;509747]I found out about this game only recently when I was trying out Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory after a 7 year break. From what I’ve seen so far, it seems like it has great potential and I’m rather excited about it!

I think a great deal of community forming in W:ET, and almost any other game too, was due to people being able to run dedicated servers. I recall e.g. when CoD: WaW was around, it had a great community around it, but it went down the toilet after they removed dedicated servers from later releases in the game series.

Will you provide dedicated server software for DB? I really hope you do, as it really ensures the longevity of any good game.

I also hope you find a suitable business model to support the development of this game in the long run. I think TF2 is a great example of how to do F2P right. Spending money is not necessary and gives no actual advantages in the game, but a lot of people are still willing to spend a few bucks every now and then to get certain customizations.[/QUOTE]

Welcome aboard sir!

Communities that form around servers are indeed full of win. While we can’t confirm anything at this moment in time, plenty of us here at SD are big fans of community servers, so that’s something that we would certainly like to get up and running at some point :).

As for the business model, TF2 does some things very well. It’s not the best example of F2P done right though as it had already paid for its own development, and was massively profitable even before it went F2P. Rest assured though, we have no desire to sell victory in DB.

(Sellamalou) #22

You think that it is possible, in a future, will see Dirty Bomb en Steam? Or Early Acess? I dont like so much the Nexon Launcher and Nexon in general…

(Rex) #23

You should get used to them as they are the publisher of Dirty Bomb.