What did they do to my FEL-IX :(

(frostyvampire) #21

@GatoCommodore said:

@frostyvampire said:
@GatoCommodore
Maybe random insta gibs are not fun.

But when it’s from a weapon that requires a lot of skill and has insane punishments for missing (like FEL-IX), or when it’s from a long cooldown ability (Kira’s laser, Skyhammer’s airstrike, Fragger’s grenades etc.) then there is really no problem with it

i’d really like MoA stay and Vasilli HP reduced to 100
currently im pretty okay with the Fel-IX dmg ability to instagib and i agree the RPM nerf is too harsh for Fel-IX

at least if they want to pull that stunt on Fel-IX, reduce the amount of vertical recoil post-shot with it. I think putting crosshair on target is more important than RPM.

Tbh the recoil in bolt action snipers in video games doesn’t matter.
By the time you can fire again you already got your crosshair back where it has to be, so even if it had 0 recoil it wouldn’t matter and you won’t even notice it. By the time you can fire again, even with the old 50 RPM MoA, your crosshair should already be on the enemy (or at least very close to the enemy). I actually prefer snipers having high recoil because it makes my shots feel strong and headshots rewarding, but that’s just me

Thew new MoA is fine, but the FEL-IX got nerfed into trash tier (and so did Aimee because that’s the only viable weapon she has left after the Grandeur got destroyed too).

The damage buff is nice, but MoA has a 25% faster fire rate and the damage difference between them barely matters since it only affects 2 mercs (the insta-gib is only on the 2 squishiest mercs in the game and gibbing enemies as a sniper only takes 1 bullet so it doesn’t matter).
In theory it also affects Rhino (headshot + bodyshot from MoA = 198 damage) but in reality, how often will you see a full hp Rhino and be the only one shooting him?

Also I can argue that if Fragger or Rhino survive with 2hp, it’s basically the same as killing them in 95% of the cases because hitting 1 bullet with a machine pistol is just impossible to fail at (at any range) and weapon switching in this game happens before the enemy can fall back. So the 2hp they have left will only affect you if the enemy peeked a corner or if you have 10hp and got pushed

(bgyoshi) #22

On the other side of the coin

I find MOA completely useless trash with its nerf and the FE-LIX is the only usable sniper rifle.

It’s all fun and games until you fall apart every time because you can’t kill Fraggers. Fragger is a staple heavy assault class that has to be killed by a single headshot. If you can’t plink down a Fragger for your team, you just get rekt

It also has the added bonus of killing Thunders for free.

That Fragger that would’ve been dead now has the 2 hp he needs to finish cooking and tossing his nade. Grats, you just watched your medic, assault, and engi get popped by a nade because you don’t get to kill Fraggers anymore.

(frostyvampire) #23

@bgyoshi said:
On the other side of the coin

I find MOA completely useless trash with its nerf and the FE-LIX is the only usable sniper rifle.

It’s all fun and games until you fall apart every time because you can’t kill Fraggers. Fragger is a staple heavy assault class that has to be killed by a single headshot. If you can’t plink down a Fragger for your team, you just get rekt

It also has the added bonus of killing Thunders for free.

That Fragger that would’ve been dead now has the 2 hp he needs to finish cooking and tossing his nade. Grats, you just watched your medic, assault, and engi get popped by a nade because you don’t get to kill Fraggers anymore.

But you forgot that Fragger needs to have full health from the start to survive it. And to hit him again (if he does survive) takes less than half a second even if it’s long range.

With the FEL-IX you can kill him, but he is already back on his feet by the time you are able to shoot him again to finish him. Not to mention that if you miss or bodyshoot him, you pretty much failed already, with the MoA you get another shot before it’s too late.

(bgyoshi) #24

@frostyvampire said:
But you forgot that Fragger needs to have full health from the start to survive it. And to hit him again (if he does survive) takes less than half a second even if it’s long range.

With the FEL-IX you can kill him, but he is already back on his feet by the time you are able to shoot him again to finish him. Not to mention that if you miss or bodyshoot him, you pretty much failed already, with the MoA you get another shot before it’s too late.

MoA ROF is 1.2 seconds between shots so… no, you don’t really get another chance if you don’t kill him the first time. And I dunno about you, most if not all Fraggers I see when sniping are at full health, or at least over 138 HP.

And you shouldn’t be shooting alone in the first place, all you need to do is incap him and the team should be right there to finish him off for you. And if for some reason he DOESN’T have full health, then it’s likely he’ll be autogibbed on headshot by the FEL-IX anyway.

(Da_Mummy) #25

btw
The thing got buffed again so I assume you are going to use it again like nothing has happened if I know Snipermains correctly

(bgyoshi) #26

@Da_Mummy said:
btw
The thing got buffed again so I assume you are going to use it again like nothing has happened if I know Snipermains correctly

“Buffed”

I dunno if +1 ammo is a buff lmfao

(frostyvampire) #27

@Da_Mummy said:
btw

Just tried it out. While the buff is good and well needed, I still feel like they could buff the fire rate a bit more to maybe 36 RPM. But overall the FEL-IX is at least viable again. The MoA is still superior but not like it was before.

The new animation looks a bit wonky, but I’ll probably get used to it so meh.

Sadly the buff also introduced a bug where you can’t weapon switch for about half a second. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I will start playing Aimee again, but I might end up being salty and switch to MoA Vassili because of that bug : 3

@bgyoshi said:

@Da_Mummy said:
btw

“Buffed”

I dunno if +1 ammo is a buff lmfao

The +1 ammo is a 20% increased magazine size which is pretty big. I can definitely say I notice that 1 extra bullet.

They also increased the RPM to 34 (+2 increase), they could probably do a bit more and make it 36 but at least you have enough time to finish the target now.

Edit: Nope, the weapon switching glitch makes FEL-IX unusable. I’ll just wait for it to get fixed

(Guziol) #28

I like the buff but yea, now it’s just so goddamn clunky with weapon switching being delayed so long. Too often i need that few selbstadt shots hitting someone.