(Slade05) #26

Toto - Africa

Yeah, I`m oldskool.

(kamikazee) #27

Baltimore Dub - Scientist

(stealth6) #28

Do you know more like this?

(kamikazee) #29

If you like this more old-school dub, you could try the other songs made by Scientist (like “Your teeth in my neck” from his vampire-themed album which was also featured in GTA 3), or go looking for records by King Tubby, one of the people responsible for getting dub “out there” back in the 60’s.

(stealth6) #30

It’s like reggae - dub which I really like on occasion, but only have a few tracks

(kamikazee) #31

Well, since dub songs are basically remixes of reggae songs, people like Scientist made quite a lot of them. Take a look at Wikipedia’s partial discography for Scientist, and Tubby’s discography.

Other artits/bands you could look at are The Upsetters (I would recommend Upsetters 14 Dub Blackboard Jungle if you want actual dub) or people like Max Romeo who play roots reggae.

(tokamak) #32

[QUOTE=kilL_888;335407]tool - you lied

I love Wings for Marie

(kilL_888) #33

[QUOTE=tokamak;337366]I love Wings for Marie
http://youtu.be/_XbkTTjGHSI[/QUOTE]

do you know the about the wings for mary (part 1) and 10000 days (wings part 2) myth? :smiley: the 2 songs are actually becoming 1 at a specific point into the songs. the last 2 minutes i think of both songs are almost identical.

some older tool. 4°

you won’t do what you would like to do,
lay back and let me show you another way.

(tokamak) #34

Lol hadn’t heard about that.

This one?

(kilL_888) #35

[QUOTE=tokamak;337999]Lol hadn’t heard about that.

This one?

http://youtu.be/XA-RSNHfsUc[/QUOTE]

yea, almost. most people make the mistake and actually put the songs over each other and imagine that they fit together perfectly. thats wrong actually. the duration of the songs might imply that they fit together, but they dont.

its just the ending, from 9:20, where they melt together and become one. thats the message of the whole album btw. 2 become 1. it also fits the cd booklet which has a stereoscopic lense and some 3d pictures inside. 2 images become 1 3d image.

(tokamak) #36

Ah right, I must say the entire first minutes are just a big mess of sounds.

(Lydia) #37

Korpiklaani - Väkirauta ! :smiley:

Those guys are so ****ing cool xD And they make great music :smiley:

(wolfnemesis75) #38

Eddie Vedder Ukulele Songs!

(xTriXxy) #39

30 seconds to mars - the story

(Cortosis 12) #40

Radiohead-How to disappear completely