UPDATED - Scheduled Maintenance - February 9th, 2017

(Mc1412013) #21

[quote=“stayfreshshoe;d-35755”]http://i.imgur.com/RYb6lyj.jpg

Hey all!

Dirty Bomb will be down for maintenance on February 9th at 16:00 UTC for 3 hours in order to transfer Steam ownership from Nexon to Warchest (Splash Damage’s own publisher).

When:

[LIST][]London (UTC): 16:00 - 19:00
[
]Los Angeles (PST, UTC-8): 08:00 - 11:00
[*]Sydney (AEDT, UTC+11): 03:00 - 06:00 February 10th[/LIST]

EDIT: There will be no new client for you to download. This maintenance will be solely for the back-end handover.

Thanks!
shoe.[/quote]

If there is no client update then how is eac getting installed

(Chris Mullins) #22

[quote=“Mc1412013;c-220994”][quote=“stayfreshshoe;d-35755”]http://i.imgur.com/RYb6lyj.jpg

Hey all!

Dirty Bomb will be down for maintenance on February 9th at 16:00 UTC for 3 hours in order to transfer Steam ownership from Nexon to Warchest (Splash Damage’s own publisher).

When:

[LIST][]London (UTC): 16:00 - 19:00
[
]Los Angeles (PST, UTC-8): 08:00 - 11:00
[*]Sydney (AEDT, UTC+11): 03:00 - 06:00 February 10th[/LIST]

EDIT: There will be no new client for you to download. This maintenance will be solely for the back-end handover.

Thanks!
shoe.[/quote]

If there is no client update then how is eac getting installed[/quote]

It’s not just yet. We found some issues with the release. We’ll be correcting those and releasing once they’ve been fixed (aiming for next week).

(hungryLocomotive) #23

@stayfreshshoe ther will be a client update or not?

(SnakekillerX) #24

[quote=“stayfreshshoe;d-35755”]EDIT: There will be no new client for you to download. This maintenance will be solely for the back-end handover.
[/quote]

(Nail) #25

the farce is strong here

we need a WTF button

(Chris Mullins) #26

Only a tiny one, like 1MB, to swap out an image. No EAC just yet

(hungryLocomotive) #27

i download 400kb

(spartamania302) #28

[quote=“M@rs;c-220922”]
Shot in the foot. You are not getting anything from it, just one more thing to take cpu space. Somehow you guys think it will be a wonderfull platform from where people can buy stuff from you, won’t happen. The reason I say this is because I saw other games do the exact same things and disapear fast. You were better off with steam were people can get to know the game instead of your own platform that only the hardcore players will download. Instead of working on this client, if you had brought back ranked and taken this game out of beta, you would have tons of new players…but whatever.
It’s like you don’t even care if the game dies or not, and you are just trying to milk the remaining players for some more cash.[/quote]

I am not sure what they teach you at school but a client != a launcher.
Steam is a launcher for games not the client for your games it’s the client to connect to steam services but it lauches your games as a launcher. shootergame.exe is the client for Dirty Bomb and it always has been it just gets launched by steam.

(spartamania302) #29

[quote=“M@rs;c-220922”][quote=“stayfreshshoe;d-35755”]

There will also be a new client available for you to download.

[/quote]

Shot in the foot. You are not getting anything from it, just one more thing to take cpu space. Somehow you guys think it will be a wonderfull platform from where people can buy stuff from you, won’t happen. The reason I say this is because I saw other games do the exact same things and disapear fast. You were better off with steam were people can get to know the game instead of your own platform that only the hardcore players will download. Instead of working on this client, if you had brought back ranked and taken this game out of beta, you would have tons of new players…but whatever.
It’s like you don’t even care if the game dies or not, and you are just trying to milk the remaining players for some more cash.[/quote]

Steam is a launcher for games not the client for your games it’s the client to connect to steam services but it lauches your games as a launcher. shootergame.exe is the client for Dirty Bomb and it always has been it just gets launched by steam.

(SnakekillerX) #30

[quote=“strikingCrossbow;c-221029”][quote=“M@rs;c-220922”][quote=“stayfreshshoe;d-35755”]

There will also be a new client available for you to download.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh right, I remember back in the day when my teacher totally covered the difference between what a client and a launcher are… /sarcasm.

I’m sure he gets the idea by now though.