Update about the Linux server, please

(BlueRed) #21

So where is the linux dedicated server…?

(Xenoca) #22

[QUOTE=scub;321418]it’ll be released once most of us are no longer interested because we’ve moved on to other games to host.

the game is dying anyway, there are almost more servers than players.[/QUOTE]
What are you saying… there are more servers than there are players. On a good day the server browser will show >300 servers(Yeah probably many of them aren’t really up and running), and MAYBE 50 players across them all.

(BlueRed) #23

Sorry to say…

BRINK is dead for our clan

Reasons:

1. It needs a higher bandwith to play (most players in our clan have a low speed internet).
  2. The maps are to small, to less interaction… means to less teamplay…
    2a. The teamplay feel in the game was sad.
  3. Stupid weapons, weapon spread sucks.
    3a. We love weapons who are acurate like the weapons in Quake 3 and a tight aimbox.
    3b. If i aim towards a player… why must my avatar breath or jitter around with the weapon, … hey i want to play and to aim and not my avatar…
  4. Many promise but everything fails… Movement should be revoulutionary… but its not gameplay relevant.
    4a Invisible Walls, why can i not climb on anything …
    5 Bad support / No support for linux, … only blaa blaa

So Brink was for our Clan a “bad” game.
We are now playing ETQW again, and we are happy with the memoryleaks, glitches and bugs of ETWQ…

Sorry thats my opinion

(Kudadoro) #24

hi all members… i just joined this forums…hope that i find this forum as great community…

(Breo) #25

[QUOTE=scub;323542]Duke Nukem is coming out soon and Brink will be out of the picture… at least for me.

Its really sad because most of us agree: we had high hopes for brink… not only did they screwed up the release, they screwed up by not releasing the linux version…

oh well no fear Duke Nukem is here… :)[/QUOTE]

lol what happend with Duke Nukem :smiley:

(twt_thunder) #26

is there any chance for us to know wheter there WILL be a linux dedi server ?

(Kl3ppy) #27

Its it really important?

(twt_thunder) #28

yes it is, for some of us

(Crytiqal) #29

isnt it pretty obvious there wont be linux ded server files? :confused:

(light_sh4v0r) #30

It is in fact VERY obvious, nobody is even playing the game on PC, why bother with server files?

(McAfee) #31

Just confirmed that:

“Sometime after release” != 2011

That will be all.

(TheSgtBilko) #32

Hmm well … there could have been a thriving Brink PC Community with Linux dedis from start … now … to late.

(RT1) #33

At what number precisely does your notion of somebody versus nobody kick in? Moreover, when was the last time you even started Brink? I’ve been finding full PC servers basically every time I check in.

(Nail) #34

I doubt Linux servers would have “saved” Brink, I might have kept my 4 server sponsorship though, down to one now

(light_sh4v0r) #35

Last time I checked during prime time (21:00 GMT+1) there were 16 people playing… And they were not even playing. at least 5 of those 16 were idling on their own in an empty server.

(RT1) #36

Well, the last time you checked wasn’t yesterday. I was in a full 16-player server for at least a couple hours.