Unable to input private password

(potty200) #21

Ah I see! Sorry thought you meant I overlooked it :stuck_out_tongue: I was thinking tomyself that I had no way in knowing until the servers went up. I am hoping it is a bug and they were not knowingly taken out because I would expect a little heads up that you cannot connect to private servers anymore.

(Szakalot) #22

They screwed up. They know it.

Everybody appreciates the work youā€™ve put in. It would be a huge shame if you dropped it all, partially because you donā€™t feel your effort appreciated enough.

I was looking forward to the stream tomorrow. Any chance you can postpone your choice to cancel it now, as surely someone will come and save the day tomorrow? After all, its not likely this is an insurmountable problem. Its worth a 1.2 patch even.

(Runeforce) #23

I agree. Was totally looking forward to the VODā€™s on this! Would it not be better to cancel tommorow, with everybody warned now, if a solution does not present itself, than to cancel now, and perhaps discover it was all due to an error in communications tommorow?

(RĆ©my Cabresin) #24

nah i just ment as in if the cup doesnt happen tomorrow, we can have like a good matchmaking filled evening. quick games with decent opponents etc :stuck_out_tongue:

(LiNkzr) #25

So no tournament?

(MissMurder) #26

Hey all,

We ran into a blocking issue today and unfortunately wonā€™t be able to go through with the tournament :frowning: we sincerely apologize for this and are looking into ways to make it up to all parties involved. The team is working to resolve this issue ASAP so we can set something up again. So sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused and we will do whatever it takes to make it up to you guys.

(Ceres) #27

Not surprised.

(fubar) #28

gg wp no re

(tangoliber) #29

I was looking forward to watching this tomorrow. :frowning:

(Nail) #30

too bad SD couldnā€™t pop up the VIP servers for you

(PixelTwitch) #31

This has been planned for a long timeā€¦

Both SD and Nexon been showing support towards it also.
Potty has been asking for WEEKS and no one could take 10min out of their day to do a quick check???

Sure I am pissed, I cancelled a day out to cast the cupā€¦
Yet one more example of HORRENDOUS!!! communicationā€¦

(syku1) #32

I have to agree with pixel, this is the worst example of planning, organizing and above all, communication, i have seen in a long time playing in alpha and betaā€™s,and i donā€™t just mean this cupā€¦
What reason did you have for not even checking if you could JOIN the servers in the 2? weeks this has been planned :oppressor:
Keep on making great decisions SD/Nexon/whoever else is bad at their jobs.

Whenā€™s Overwatch?

(RĆ©my Cabresin) #33

Spiritual winner, the guy/girl who gets an easy rushed job now to handle planning from now on.

(potty200) #34

The problem isnā€™t the servers itā€™s the UI. There is absolutely no way you can input a password to join the game. They have removed the console command since the early alpha. Toomic, missmurder and a Mr. Perez were working hard last night to try find a quick fix. Even on their day off they put effort in.

Donā€™t put this on them, they were excellent last night. It is certainly not a problem they could of seen coming.

I guess for now we will have to put competitive DB on the back burnerā€¦ Again!

(Ceres) #35

Whatā€™s hilarious is, they advertise DB as a game shaped by gamers but put no effort into organizing anything. Now, once someone else organized something, they couldnā€™t even check to make sure everything was working? Yeah, there is a reason why it has been years and DB still hasnā€™t improved much.

(Szakalot) #36

Iā€™d rather think its the ocean in between the two studios and oversight, rather than ā€˜no effort put inā€™.

Donā€™t know many other developers that would admit their mistake on the same day it happened, as opposed to a PR-build non-apology 2 weeks later.

[QUOTE=potty200;525377]The problem isnā€™t the servers itā€™s the UI. There is absolutely no way you can input a password to join the game. They have removed the console command since the early alpha. Toomic, missmurder and a Mr. Perez were working hard last night to try find a quick fix. Even on their day off they put effort in.

Donā€™t put this on them, they were excellent last night. It is certainly not a problem they could of seen coming.

I guess for now we will have to put competitive DB on the back burnerā€¦ Again![/QUOTE]

How nice of them!

[QUOTE=Szakalot;525388]Iā€™d rather think its the ocean in between the two studios and oversight, rather than ā€˜no effort put inā€™.

Donā€™t know many other developers that would admit their mistake on the same day it happened, as opposed to a PR-build non-apology 2 weeks later.[/QUOTE]

ā€œYou must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Szakalot again.ā€

Yeah

(Nail) #38

[QUOTE=Szakalot;525388]Iā€™d rather think its the ocean in between the two studios and oversight, rather than ā€˜no effort put inā€™.

Donā€™t know many other developers that would admit their mistake on the same day it happened, as opposed to a PR-build non-apology 2 weeks later.[/QUOTE]

especially when Nexon has been totally silent on issues before, this is most promising thing Iā€™ve ever seen from Nexon

(Nail) #39

[QUOTE=potty200;525377]The problem isnā€™t the servers itā€™s the UI. There is absolutely no way you can input a password to join the game. They have removed the console command since the early alpha. Toomic, missmurder and a Mr. Perez were working hard last night to try find a quick fix. Even on their day off they put effort in.

I guess for now we will have to put competitive DB on the back burnerā€¦ Again![/QUOTE]

Yah, I posted that before I read MissMurderā€™s much appreciated explanation