Toys for the boys - lighthouse map done

(redRum) #21

Great looking map, nice atmosphere so far.
IMO the forward spawn could be set to be the default spawn while it’s captured by the attacking team, 'cos not all players will notice that it’s been captured and they will keep spawning at the ship. If they still want to take another way up they can change the spawn to the ship or just jump down the hill.

Keep up the good work!

(mrfin) #22

Hello

thanks red - default forward spawn change makes sense - I’ll change it

Kic - yes I have another in early stages - why do you ask?

Glad some players are having a good frag in there Sippenhaft

question - do players have too easy a time of it on allies team?
I’m thinking of limiting access to some of the wall tops

thanks again

(nedd3h) #23

this map has been popular on my server, people have commented on maybe limiting access to some of the wall tops in some way and giving axis a second spawn option somewhere on the beach

had a lot of spawn camping from above if axis don’t have flag
maybe another spawn opposite side of island?

can you release a mapscript for etpro admins to add the their servers for this?
(if not too much trouble)

(mrfin) #24

Hi ned

Et pro manuscript - I don’t know about this stuff - I’ll find out though for the final version
Am constructing barbed wire that hurts on the wall tops, with gaps here and there.

I’m not too keen on a second beach spawn though - Ill see how many requests I get for one

thnks

(MrLego) #25

Health rack in the lighthouse war/map room is half in the floor - still works though.

Nice work!

(ailmanki) #26

I love the map :), I cant await a panzerparty on it, but allready without its very nice

It is running on Bunker 2 (wiht 19 other maps), we have doublejump on, I make a demo, perhaps you can prevent axis from going up at places where its not thought to.

Bunker 2 IP: 62.50.40.245

(.Chris.) #27

I have only ran around the map on my own as dont really play ET these days but was keen to see what the map looks like, anyway i couldnt find anything major but i did notice this on the boat http://www.wolken.gamersdatabase.com/pics/floatingbrush.jpg
also when your inside the lighthouse at top of the steps you get the ‘you are near the light’ message when your in the room under it, maybe raise the trigger objective info a bit.

On the whole a great looking map well done.

(mrfin) #28

ailmanki - where can axis jump up? - it’s made for standard et (single jump I suppose)

chr1s - the light trigger will be raised (actually I thought i’d fixed that)
will sort out the hanging brush

thanks both

(mrfin) #29

Hello mapping types

Just to let folk know that the lighthouse map has been amended and the latest version is up for grabs from the web page below. In fact I think I’m pretty much done with this map so it’s the latest and last version of it from me. :slight_smile:

time to get on with new and exiting projects!

Many small fixes since beta - Main Changes are:

Wreck has been altered to provide covering fire on the main entrance bunkers
from the rear end of the ship

When Axis team take the forward flag it becomes their default spawn until allies retake it

Access to the compound wall has been limited to reduce spawn camping. There is now a damage inflicting barb-wire fence to dissuade alies from lurking up there. Access to the cliff tops is still provided via the team doors (it shouldn’t be too easy for the attacking team imo.)

Anyhow - thanks again for the help - appreciated

:cool:

(Roeltje) #30

Ur map is so cool! it contains so many great trickjumps! :smiley:
Thanks for providing us a great new map! :smiley:

(nedd3h) #31

thanks mrfin!
that was quick!

on my server now
202.60.72.67:27960
(Australia)

(mrfin) #32

Thanks guys

Roeltje - you’re welcome

Cheers nedd3h - didn’t hang about too long with this one. I want to get moving on a new project

(=PoW= Kernel 2.6.5) #33

We’re running this map on =PoW=Extreme (69.31.6.151) but it gets brutal when the server is full (54 players).

(Sippenhaft) #34

Awesome, thanks for the updates! still in rotation (on our new server @ 66.55.159.57:27960 - SHOCK & AWE)