TOXIKK Teaser

(Glottis-3D) #21

and i didnt like how they say its 1999 and we have NO classes, and forget that there were classes in quake1 teamfortress. and class-based quake 2 mods. and pre urban terror quake2 mods.

i mean classes are great (unlike ironsight, and lack of dodge,double jumps)

(tokamak) #22

Diversity is great and all these things they’re slagging off are contributing towards diversity.

But yeah, that’s their marketing campaign. They’re trying to take a really specific niche so they need to take this approach. Bullet Storm did the same with singleplayer shooters.

(Sun_Sheng) #23

Looks great and at a guess, i’d say it plays well. Unfortunately I was there in '99 and did it all then so there’s no desire to do it now. In fact, now that I check the dates, by '99 i’d already moved away from TDM and into Unreal Tournament CTF because i’d got bored of just shooting people for no real purpose.

Ironically, what ruined UT 99 and the genre, was UT 2k4 when they brought in vehicles. That game looks to have already made that same mistake.

(MrFunkyFunk) #24

Arena shooters + funk = love.
It’s one of the many titles, of the genre’s comeback, planned for next year that I’m following with great interest.

It probably won’t have a huge playerbase with the next UT competition but it’s worth giving them a chance imo. We’ll be able to have a taste early Q4 of this year so it might be a good game to get back on the saddle while waiting for UT.

(Humate) #25

Looks alright.

(rookie1) #26

Once you know the maps ,its just Killing and running all over the maps…boring after a while
At least DB evolve Forward.
I use to play a game a lot but after few years I was looking for other new things …
Sorry what ever the new look of that game won’t bring me back to it.its still that old game . I evolved me too :wink:
Sure there will be an clientele for TOXIKK .
Add some classes + cool objectives + DB abilities with these TOXIKK open outdoors maps and cool terrains than I’ll probably be very interested :slight_smile:

TOXIKK
pro:

• lots of vertical gameplay
    -And if you want to practice your skills offline, TOXIKK also features a configurable BOT MODE.
    -Classic (small) 8 plyr & Massive Maps 16 players (vehicules use Massive maps)
    -All registered players can apply for a FREE SDK to build own maps, characters and skins etc
  • The XP system and its associated ranks are used for reputation purposes, for our match-making algorithms and to unlock new skins, but they do NOT change the stats or the abilities of your character.

(attack) #27

im still would prefer to remove of ironsight!maybefor one patch to check it out.

i realy look forward to toxikk ,but more to doom 4 , because i like gammamovement so much!(i also dont like doublejump)

(Runeforce) #28

Headshot.

I was pretty much sold at “NO F2P,” and that it is crowdfunded.

DEDICATED SERVERS

The game has dedicated servers, run by Reakktor. These servers will be ranked. Whatever match you play on these machines will influence your player rank.

Exception: If you have purchased Clan Admin Privileges (CAP) you’ll be able to host your own matches on our servers. These matches can be freely configured by the CAP (mutators, passwords, maps, game mode, score limits, bots yes/no etc.). Matches, created by CAPs will pop-up by other players as “servers” (unless set to hidden, by the CAP). Matches played on these virtual CAP-servers will not be ranked (as they are fully controlled by the CAP).

PRIVATE SERVERS and LAN-PLAY

Private servers (aka private dedicated servers) appear to be one of the most desired features by the community. We got that and are currently discussing how/if/when this can be realized. Obviously, we are not only making an Arena FPS, but are also huge fans of the genre and most of the team wants to see at least lan-play in TOXIKK. We need to see how we can fit this into our development schedule (concerning time and budget). We’ll get back with more conclusive info on this matter before 11th, August. Please give us the time to fully explore on this subject, before coming back with an answer.

Originally, we intended to limit match hosting for players who have purchased Clan Admin Privileges (CAPs) for TOXIKK to our own servers. However, as we saw that this plan was poorly received by the community (e.g. here and here), we started to discuss alternatives to liberalize the system and came up with a new plan which goes as follows:

If you have purchased CAPs, you will be able to set up a private dedicated server on your own machine. This server may literally be online forever. Besides the dedicated server option, you will also be able to host a match through a simple listener server on your machine via the game’s GUI, which will be online for the time you play (i.e. have the game running). A listener server will not only allow you to quickly host online matches, but also to host LAN-play matches. Happy LAN-partying everybody! :slight_smile:

All privately hosted servers (no matter if dedicated or simple listener server) will be accessible to all players through separate tabs in the “available matches” list, besides the official Reakktor servers (but you will also be able to hide your server from being listed and/or password-protect it).

To keep things simple and fail-safe for players, CAP admins and Reakktor, this option will entirely replace the original plan to host private matches through our servers.

This is a fresh-born plan which was only tested for technical feasibility so far (i.e. we’ll not be able to answer detail questions at this point). However, this decision was set and will be realized in the game. To cover a few possible questions, we put up this little FAQ:

Q: Will I need to have CAPs (Clan Admin Privileges) to host a match?

A: Yes.

Q: Will I need to have CAPs to play on a privately hosted match (online or LAN)?

A: No.

Q: So, we have to pay to host matches?

A: Not exactly. Clan Admin Privileges come with all the tools you need to start and administrate your own clan (invite and administrate members, clan ranking, clan message system, setting up a clan home-server etc.). Being able to host your own matches is an obvious extension of this package.

Q: Are CAPs a one-time payment or a subscription?

Clan Administrator Privileges will be made available for a price lower than what you would pay for an average visit at your favorite fast food restaurant. You only pay ONCE and you’ll keep them forever.

Q: Many other games allow every player to host games. Why don’t you?

A: Knowing that you need to get a big player base for an MO game to make it attractive for as many people as possible, the price for Toxikk ($15 per pre-order, incl. Early Access) was set as low as possible. The majority of players is not interested in running an own clan or hosting own servers. We believe that it would be unfair to raise the base price of the game to let everybody pay for extra options that only a minority asks for, so we prefer to offer packages at different prize levels that fit your requirements.

Q: Right now, I will need to purchase the GODLIKE package on your pre-order page to get CAPs. It appears to be too expensive!

A: The GODLIKE package is NOT meant to sell CAPs. It comes with a lof of other stuff (like your name in the credits of the game, a boxed DVD edition, 4 game keys etc.). The package is meant as a founders’ package for everyone who wants to support the development of TOXIKK at a maximum level. Granting the maximum amount of features in return, is just our way to say “Thank You!”. But CAPs may be purchased separately at a later point (for a lower price). So, if you do not want to support the development at this level, but still want CAPs, you should wait until they are sold separately.

Q: Will privately hosted matches be ranked?

A: No. The CAP-Admin has full control over his server (e.g. he can kick players at his own discretion). We could either limit the control a CAP-Admin has over his server or have them ranked. Both wouldn’t be feasible for obvious reasons. We decided to not limit the control a CAP-Admin has. He can set whatever mutators, maps, time and goal limits etc. he wants to apply to his matches.

(Violator) #29

Looks promising but like Sun, been there done that I guess (back in 1999 it was Q2 for me, Q2DML etc.) Having an SDK would be nice, as no games seem to let you do that these days…

(Humate) #30

Been there done that, but would like to do it again… specifically UT4. :shockwhore:

(tokamak) #31

It was the myriad of gameplay modes that fractured the community. Everyone was playing something different and that demolished the core of the game.

Which, now I’m writing this, seems eerily familiar.

(AssortedStuff) #32

Guys, stop taking 1999 literally!!! All of you.
“let’s party like it’s 1999” it’s an expression meaning “let’s have fun as if there is no tomorrow”, since a lot of people believed the world was going to end in 2000. (It is also the title of a song by Prince.)
It’s a clever play on words to convey that the game is both oldschool and lots of fun.

(Runeforce) #33

I am not sure if it ties in with ranked servers, but it sounds promosing.

(Protekt1) #34

[QUOTE=AssortedStuff;506976]Guys, stop taking 1999 literally!!! All of you.
“let’s party like it’s 1999” it’s an expression meaning “let’s have fun as if there is no tomorrow”, since a lot of people believed the world was going to end in 2000. (It is also the title of a song by Prince.)
It’s a clever play on words to convey that the game is both oldschool and lots of fun.[/QUOTE]

The expression doesn’t fit. They are specifically trying to refer to old school gaming in a time period, not the song or the expression.

(Rex) #35

I like their attitude very much! Too bad arena shooters are not my cup of tea. :confused:

(Glottis-3D) #36

yes, and they disregard some of good oldschool stuff.

(Kendle) #37

Hmm, looks very interesting, actually reminds me a bit of F.E.A.R. MP, which I quite enjoyed for the brief time it was active, will keep an eye on this one. :slight_smile:

(Erkin31) #38

Yeah, FEAR combat was fun !

Toxikk seem very interesting, but on the 3 maps presented, only the big offers CTF :frowning:

(k0k0nat) #39

[QUOTE=Erkin31;507020]Yeah, FEAR combat was fun !

Toxikk seem very interesting, but on the 3 maps presented, only the big offers CTF :([/QUOTE]

Yeah… 1on1 also isnt map favourite game mode.

Really hoping for a good 4on4 TDM and CTF community.

(Silvanoshi) #40

Threads merged. Let’s try to avoid having the same topics discussed in multiple locations around the forum chaps :).