titanfall beta

(.FROST.) #21

Same here. Setting and style = +10, gameplay(movement + TTK) = not so much my cup of tea.

(acQu) #22

The stuff about story: sure, i totally get what TB is saying. The battlefield itself is creating the story. This got me, because i think it is just definitions. What Titanfall does excellent is creating this interesting universe.

From what i have seen is: there are battleships from space, you spawn into the battle from one of these ships, fight (titans and all that jazz), then you move out again in the epilogue via some freaking awesome timewarp. That small feature itself got me excited already.

So, have an interesting universe i guess; a cool gaming universe, and that is what TF does right. Of course it is a multiplayer and not a singleplayer story game, but when developers don’t keep an eye for the minimum of meaning of why you are supposed to be in that world fighting for your “virtual” life, then there is something fundamentally missing imo. Of course, there are notable exceptions to this.

Pretty excited to follow TF around. Excited for how long the twitch numbers stay high. Same with DayZ. It was up there along time, but now it has dropped from all the hype, but is still good to go. And imo DayZ has a lot more long-term-motivation potential than TF.

(rookie1) #23

Base story is about invading a planet for their Fuel
Watch this guy early Video analysis.
[video=youtube_share;qci0VSmMZmA]http://youtu.be/qci0VSmMZmA[/video]

(Rex) #24

So here is my opinion on Titanfall after playing a few hours:

Titanfall is best described as a mix of different games like Armored Core, Brink, CoD, … put all together.
It’s a game which is aimed for casuals on console, mainly players who are familiar with ‘nowadays’ shooters but want some variety.
There is no server browser and also the menu looks very consolish. You see how much their focus lays on casuals when you take a look at the super dumbed down awards such as “Playing Titanfall for 1 hour” or “Drop in 10 Titans”, only to make the possibly worst player feel like he achieved something without any actual effort. Unfortunately gunfights suffer the same fate. They feel like CoD fights where you die within 1sec and the most annoying thing is being forced to use IS 100% of the time! I seriously laughed when I first saw the ‘aimbot pistol’ so that’s another idicator of a console game here.
The waiting time in-between rounds lasts longer than the actual playing time, but I think that’s due to the Beta state.
One of the biggest weaknesses especially in regard to long-term motivation are the game modes itself: TDM and Conquest (BF). I think there isn’t a more casual mode than TDM where you don’t have to think much but just keep shooting on everything which moves. And the Conquest mode feels more or less the same. Could be entertaining at the beginning for a few quick rounds, but after a while it will just get boring.
The best about it is probably the movement (although it isn’t as skilled as in past SD games) which doesn’t only play very well but also fits perfectly into the universe and makes fun to use. Another good aspect worth mentioning is the overall good balance between inf players and Titans.

Furthermore I seriously feel sorry for everyone who laid all his hope into this game being the next big esport success, but it’s clearly not and also won’t be.

I myself won’t buy the game, because it has no focus on competition and the game modes get boring very fast. Even when some of my friends will pick it up, I exactly know they will only play for the first few weeks and drop it then. Titanfall is not a game where I could see myself playing for many years.

Nevertheless the already existing hype could make this game a good selling one, especially on consoles.

(.FROST.) #25

A little more background on the release version.

//youtu.be/Xz4shqs-F-c

(attack) #26

[QUOTE=.FROST.;490024]A little more background on the release version.

[/QUOTE]
is this an ingame wallhack in the video?

(rookie1) #27

How big is the box of Titanfall CE ? :smiley: and its real :rolleyes:

(.FROST.) #28

I guess a statue/diorama of that size (around 45cm in height, and almost as much in lenght) has to be put in something pretty big :smiley:

But seriously, that mech thingy* looks like the ultimate fullfilment of all my childhood dreams; but I neither have the money for that gorgeous colossus, nor the time to play the game :frowning:

*plus that awesome artbook and that nice blueprint

//youtu.be/Q8Ds2KmkpJc

(rookie1) #29

I should receive mine today or tomorrow :penguin::penguin:
Have you noticed the ID blue and red light …2:07 Alpha guys ? :stuck_out_tongue:

(.FROST.) #30

[QUOTE=rookie1;491586]I should receive mine today or tomorrow :penguin::penguin:
Have you noticed the ID blue and red light …1:07 Alpha guys ? :P[/QUOTE]

And he’s not even ashamed…:wink:

But honestly, congrats man :slight_smile:

PS: Of course did I noticed them; that LED stuff is just the icing on top of that sweet mech-cake.

(.FROST.) #31

Brink > Titanfall, at minute 12:40 and later on. Didn’t knew the Brit was such a Brink fan… But seriously, nice to see, that some haven’t forgotten Brink AND what it has done right. Aside from that and regardless of the poor campaign, TF looks very nice and the gameplay like a lot of fun.

//youtu.be/UTA0XsPetEA

(rookie1) #32

Titanfall

<–How Big is the Download ? BIG :eek:

(Breo) #33

[QUOTE=rookie1;491507]How big is the box of Titanfall CE ? :smiley: and its real :rolleyes:

[/QUOTE]

That’s why we can’t have nice things :smiley:

(stealth6) #34

Preloaded TF last night 50GB! (first major title not to be able to fit on my SSD :D) 14 hours to go till it unlocks…

(DarkangelUK) #35

35gb is uncompressed audio, bad Respawn, BAD!

(Rex) #36

50GB as download? :eek: I wouldn’t even be able to download the game before a sequel comes out…

(stealth6) #37

I think the actual download is more like ±20gb, but once installed the game takes up 50gb

(.FROST.) #38

WTF?!? That’s so crazy, especially considering, that the textures in this game aren’t that ueber-sharp. And (uncompressed)audio files??? TF isn’t exactly what one would call an extensive RPG with tons of dialogue in it. So what causes this unprecedented HDD-hunger and how is this supposed to even work on consoles?

(rookie1) #39

I think on console its 40 gig …having the CE dvd it should save me all this dwld probably only an update will see later this week :penguin:

(Kl3ppy) #40

Feel free to add me: Kl3ppy