There will be no gay merc.

(Protekt1) #21

[QUOTE=shibbyuk;532723]Err… what? I don’t remember seeing a sexual preference bar in the role call videos so how would you even know!? Nor care should we. For all we know, Fragger is a eunuch!

And as we all do know, the only thing Mercs really care about is cold, hard cash.[/QUOTE]

Seems like the OP thinks there is none because there is no blatantly stereotypical gay male character… which is very 90s-backwards thinking.

(jazevec) #22

Seems like you like to put words into people’s mouth and generally misrepresent their posts. And I thought you were only doing off-topic posts.

Nader used to be described as having a wife. Mercs used to have some backstory text. That was recently removed. And I think the dev post in this thread is evasive. I would like to know if mercs are going to have some background in the future or not.

HEY, DEVS!
Are there going to be some rainbow skins in the game ? We could have lead, iron, silver, bronze, gold, cobalt and rainbow! They would be highly sought because

1. some people are gay
  2. some people like to troll
  3. some people would feel motivated to shoot rainbow players in the face
  4. they would be easy to make

WIN/WIN!

(PinkFrog) #23

For the pew pew and doing objectives -bit of the game, none of this matters.

But it would be fun to have more story background generally. Like, what happened in the first place, who is paying us… and for what?! What are we actually achieving. What are each merc’s personal stakes? Is it just the credits? Are there no easier ways to earn them? Just thinking of how many times Nader is blowing herself up into tiny little bits of smoking flesh for a handful of credits is mind-boggling. Whhyyyyy???

What sexual preference any of the mercs have seems to be very low on the priority list of need-to-know basics. But why not, i guess.

You know it’s fluff, but it can be fun fluff.

(Nail) #24

I’ve noticed it’s easier to spot homophobes than homosexuals

(Protekt1) #25

[QUOTE=jazevec;532725]Seems like you like to put words into people’s mouth and generally misrepresent their posts. And I thought you were only doing off-topic posts.

Nader used to be described as having a wife. Mercs used to have some backstory text. That was recently removed. And I think the dev post in this thread is evasive. I would like to know if mercs are going to have some background in the future or not.

HEY, DEVS!
Are there going to be some rainbow skins in the game ? We could have lead, iron, silver, bronze, gold, cobalt and rainbow! They would be highly sought because

1. some people are gay
  2. some people like to troll
  3. some people would feel motivated to shoot rainbow players in the face
  4. they would be easy to make

WIN/WIN![/QUOTE]

I am not putting words in your mouth. Your entire argument lies on the assumption that there are no gay mercs already. Stop already.

Additionally, sexuality being the forefront of a character’s identity just doesn’t even make sense in the first place. This game is not about sexual identity, stop trying so hard to make it be.

(jazevec) #26

[QUOTE=Protekt1;532742]I am not putting words in your mouth. Your entire argument lies on the assumption that there are no gay mercs already. Stop already.

Additionally, sexuality being the forefront of a character’s identity just doesn’t even make sense in the first place. This game is not about sexual identity, stop trying so hard to make it be.[/QUOTE]

If you’re not doing this on purpose - and you’re still doing it, even in this post - I’m forced to conclude you have reading comprehension problems. We were trained in reading comprehension in primary and secondary school. It’s a shame it didn’t work for you. But please keep trying, there is a chance you will get better. I mean, some people woke up from coma or survived a plane crash.

You are saying “forefront”. I never said anything close to that. I mentioned Nader, but didn’t call her “the lesbian merc”. I merely pointed out she has some background text which implies she’s not heterosexual. You’ll make a trophy on my ignore list.

Hey moderators, can I get some infractions for this post ? I’m going to point out stupid/malicious people when I see them. Sue me.

(Protekt1) #27

[QUOTE=jazevec;532748]If you’re not doing this on purpose - and you’re still doing it, even in this post - I’m forced to conclude you have reading comprehension problems. We were trained in reading comprehension in primary and secondary school. It’s a shame it didn’t work for you. But please keep trying, there is a chance you will get better. I mean, some people woke up from coma or survived a plane crash.

You are saying “forefront”. I never said anything close to that. I mentioned Nader, but didn’t call her “the lesbian merc”. I merely pointed out she has some background text which implies she’s not heterosexual. You’ll make a trophy on my ignore list.

Hey moderators, can I get some infractions for this post ? I’m going to point out stupid/malicious people when I see them. Sue me.[/QUOTE]

First off, I am not breaking any rules. Unlike you, I am not resorting to paragraph long witless attempts at insulting you.

Second, you’re being pedantic about the language I use in my post. You want mercs to have a sexuality identity to them, in some way to give their character depth. This game is not about that. And it would be incredibly stupid, in my opinion, to label characters just for the sake of doing it. It adds nothing but pandering and obsession with knowing a person’s sexuality is actually just painfully wrong imo.

I’m not being malicious by disagreeing with you. You are breaking the rules with your insults, however pathetic those insults happen to be.

(mccrorie) #28

Get a room, homos. :cool:

(AssortedStuff) #29

You know what Dirty Bomb needs? GLITTER CAMOS, bitches!

(Szakalot) #30

[QUOTE=AssortedStuff;532767]You know what Dirty Bomb needs? GLITTER CAMOS, bitches!

[/QUOTE]

you gave me a headache, my god that gif!

(Bloodbite) #31

This thread is just wrong… men and women taking money to kill each other and, essentially, steal stuff… and you’re concerned about their bedding preferences.

How about we get a role call video on what their favourite foods are. Who’s organic? And perhaps if Bushwhacker is hiding a confederate flag anywhere on his outfit?

Are we getting any Greek mercs cause let’s face it, it fits the lore that they need the money. They’ll just bounce from the euro to pounds sterling.

WE MUST KNOW!

(BioSnark) #32

Confirmed: SD thinks straight men not fit for combat! Everyone gather your iPitchforks and internet outrage.

Profile blurb on nexon site mentions nader has a wife. I don’t care about giving mercs backgrounds since you have several naders running around and dying in each match.

However, I miss the story stuff in Brink. That context was an interesting thing to add to multiplayer maps. As an odd counter example, UT3 had a singleplayer story which used the multiplayer assets and the attempt didn’t work out well. I hope more context for missions is written, at least to the extent that existed in ET:QW maps. Destroying the Makron’s favorite contaminator was fun, even though we all secretly liked the contamination.

(Smooth) #33

Closing this thread, since there’s some personal insults cropping up.

Also, sexual orientation of the Mercs isn’t at all relevant to their professional jobs in Dirty Bomb.

Who they like to spend their time with in their private lives is up to them, and it’s kind of rude to pry.