The Sparks Update - 17/06/2015

(dlul) #21

The update made reviving useless
Being locked for 1sec is simply your doom in competitive. You can’t preaim while getting res’d, so once you’re up you just get insta killed. Also the feedback for the medic is bad, there’s just a sound that confirms the action but it takes 1 or 2 secs to see the revive. I got caught a few times going back to the revive even tho i made it the first time.
This nerf breaks the utility of medics in MM. If you go for a revive during a fight you get killed. Just as simple.
And if reviving isn’t working well, everybody is going to play aura with people strafing over healths stations. This slows down the game considerably… (I kinda prefer having fair duels, but heh maybe it’s normal to have people strafing over infinite health)

But maybe that’s exactly what you wanted to do, so well played !

I think the old revive system was OK, just allow to gib faster. That way it doesn’t affect any side

(Bangtastic) #22

The revive feedback is pretty good.

I can’t support revive trains, where medic is reviving a pile of teammates, until the enemy eventually has to reload or is out of ammo. It must not be that this is the counter tactic for everything in the game.

It depends on the location where incapitated teammate is. Often reviving bears a risk yes, but I heavily doubt that this risk has been influenced by this change. Edit: revive shield.

Play sparks and there won’t be any risk at all^^

(Erkin31) #23

i know what you mean, but its worthwhile pointing out that your aim will improve if you learn to relax your aiming hand when firing.

You shouldn’t have false hopes about my capacities, I have never been able to be ok with this mechanic with the sniper of Tribes 2.

I would like to create a macro/script with autohotkey, but I’m afraid of the reaction of xigncode.

(dlul) #24

[QUOTE=Tast1c;531739]The revive feedback is pretty good.

I can’t support revive trains, where medic is reviving a pile of teammates, until the enemy eventually has to reload or is out of ammo. It must not be that this is the counter tactic for everything in the game.

[/quote]
Then improve gibbing instead of nerfing medics. At least it doesn’t favorise another merc or side
Nerfing medics tends toward making the game like all the other fpses: kill’em all

I sincerely hope you are right behind your mate when he dies. Otherwise there’s no point in being a medic.
And when you play decent guys with the new style medic, if you go for a revive when you’re right behind him it is the doom of both. Better be a fragger alongside him…

[QUOTE=Tast1c;531739]
Play sparks and there won’t be any risk at all^^[/QUOTE]
In 5on5 there’s not really much room for a merc that is basically useless in fights

(Erkin31) #25

I have set the shoot action on a keyboard button, and Sparks is really more easy to play for me.

If a dev is around, I would like to know if autohotkey is allowed by the anti-cheat program.

(ragnak) #26

So after playing for a while it seems that we are back to laggy servers from fletcher patch. I couldnt play the game after fletcher patch because i would constantly die behind walls (more than normal), would constantly trade kills and my bullets registers like 200ms later, then at kira patch it was pretty much perfect as i never felt that i lag like hell and now i again cant play after sparks patch because everything is insanely laggy.

Is there a reason why it was so much better when we were at kira patch ? =/