The making of a new/updated .def for 1.4 and .ent for 1.5

(Chruker) #21

How does the BLAH BLAH BLAH atmosphere look? :-)))

(Shaderman) #22

:moo:

(Chruker) #23

lol

(FireFly) #24

Not sure if you are aware of this: But about the worldspawn keys/value’s:

To change the vo sound that get’s played when the timer hits 5 mins, 2 mins or 30 sec:
for example in ET being allied you will hear : " 30 seconds, come on , move it!" when the timer hits 30 seconds…

Use these key/value settings in worldspawn:

key="fiveMinuteSound_axis"  value="sound/whatever/whatever.wav"
key="twoMinuteSound_axis"  value="sound/whatever/whatever.wav"
key=""thirtySecondSound_axis"  value=""sound/whatever/whatever.wav"
key=""fiveMinuteSound_allied"  value=""sound/whatever/whatever.wav"
key=""twoMinuteSound_allied"  value=""sound/whatever/whatever.wav"
key=""thirtySecondSound_allied"  value=""sound/whatever/whatever.wav"

Another thing: Some RTCW maps use these settings in worldspawn:key=spawnflags / value= 64
I’m not sure what it does, but Gerbril used these settings also in his helmsdeep map, So it must do something :smiley:

(kamikazee) #25

Spawnflags is a bit-key, it contains all those flags you can check into 1 nice number.
Just take an entity like a script_mover, and tick/untick the “solid” spawnflag, you’ll see the spawnflag key/value will change as well.

(Chruker) #26

Yes, but the worldspawn only contains bits with values 1,2,4 and 8. He asked what the bit with value 64 does.

(Shaderman) #27

Thanks FireFly but they don’t seem to work in ET :confused:

Another thing: Some RTCW maps use these settings in worldspawn:key=spawnflags / value= 64

I tried to find anytinhg about it without success :frowning:

(Chruker) #28

EB: Do you want to use a database driven system for this. I’ve almost made one, but won’t bother to finish it if it is not going to be used :slight_smile: I sort of misunderstood the meaning in the first post :slight_smile:

Firefly: The betas of Helmsdeep doesn’t use the spawnflags 64.

(EB) #29

The “BLAH BLAH BLAH” value was used to show the text type line option in use…the image shaderman has shown is for the FIRE setting. (Etpro specific I assume)

@Chruker, Shaderman and I are using a private wiki to sync our project work.
What were your detailed plans for the DB use ?

(Chruker) #30

I’ve made a temporary login to the system here: http://games.chruker.dk/admin/login.php

You can login using test1/test1 as login/password.

When logged in click the Entities menu on the left to expand it, then click show all. On the list to the right try clicking the edit button on the func_bobbing entity.

(FireFly) #31

I feel like a fool :frowning: : I just checked every RTCW bsp file (multiplayer & singleplayer) to check for a spawnflag 64 value in the worldspawn entity. I Couldn’t find one…

The only version of helmsdeep that is using a spawnflag 64 is “mml_helmsdeep_a3.bsp” , other versions do not. So my guess is that it might be a typing error and he(Gerbril) meant to type spawnflags 4 instead of 64.

I also made a testmap with spawnflag 64 in it’s worldspawn: needles to say it did not do anything…

Well, I’ve been testing this all morning and it appears that only this key/value works correct in ET:

key=""thirtySecondSound_axis" value=""sound/whatever/whatever.wav" 
key=""thirtySecondSound_allied" value=""sound/whatever/whatever.wav"

The other keys:“twoMinuteSound” & “fiveMinuteSound” don’t work properly (the same file gets played at 5 and 3 minutes)

One thing I found was that you can also disable the “thirtySecondSound” and the “twoMinuteSound” by giving it a value of “0”, Although you will get an error message in the console.

Again the “fiveMinuteSound” key don’t work properly with a value of “0” : This will disable both “thirtySecondSound” and the “twoMinuteSound” warnings…

Hope this clears things up…

(Chruker) #32

The reason the warnings doesn’t work properly is a bug in the source code. They simply forgot to change to the fiveMinuteSound when the programmer copy-paste’d it.

Here is a bugfix http://games.chruker.dk/enemy_territory/modding_project_bugfix.php?bug_id=092

(Chruker) #33

Firefly, you could just use a blank wav if you don’t want any warnings.

(FireFly) #34

Yes you’re right, I got the info about this from the GTk level editor for RTCW:

By The Way Chruker: that’s an impressive list of bugs you got there on your website: http://games.chruker.dk/enemy_territory/modding_project_bugfix.php
Most bugs seem to be still present in the 2.60 patch. Do you happen to know if ETpro fixed most of that bugs? If so ,perhaps they can also include this “fiveMinuteSound” bug in one of their next release…

(Shaderman) #35

Thanks Chruker, but after working with the XML file I’m not sure if such a database is needed or useful for the maintenance of the entities. The et_entities.ent file that is included in the Radiant 1.5 beta is almost complete. I enhanced this file with an XML Editor (added/removed/fixed/sorted some entities) and I’d say the only work that needs to be done is to add missing keys, edit some descriptions and add some lists for drop down fields. I think its much easier to work on that existing file than exporting a .def file from a database. A way to convert the .ent file to the .def format would be more important IMO.

@FireFly
Thanks for helping! I only tried to replace the fiveMinuteSound which didn’t work. So if the thirtySecond- sounds work, the keys should be included into worldspawn. If disabling the sounds would work with an empty sound file (thanks Chruker for the idea), it would be better than nothing :slight_smile: Could be tested with sound/player/default/blank.wav. Would you mind trying it FireFly?

Thanks!

Shaderman

(Chruker) #36

ETpro and etpub contains many of the bugfixes, but there are a lot of them. Maybe I should add a ‘Fixed in etpro’ and ‘Fixed in etpub’ column.

Tony from etpub does a good job implementing my bugfixes into etpub, but I haven’t heard if etpro has used any of them specificly. They are more than welcome to do so.

(Chruker) #37

Which XML editor are you using shaderman?

(psyco_mario) #38

Yes you’re right, I got the info about this from the GTk level editor for RTCW:

By The Way Chruker: that’s an impressive list of bugs you got there on your website: http://games.chruker.dk/enemy_territory/modding_project_bugfix.php
Most bugs seem to be still present in the 2.60 patch. Do you happen to know if ETpro fixed most of that bugs? If so ,perhaps they can also include this “fiveMinuteSound” bug in one of their next release…[/quote]

nope, wont happen, bani has stopped working on etpro

(Shaderman) #39

Exchanger XML Editor V3.2

I’m sure there are better editors out there than this Java thing but it’s free and works fine :slight_smile:

(Chruker) #40

really, or late aprilfools joke?