The Kira Rhino Update - 27/05/2015 v46253

(Szakalot) #21

Played a few rounds as Rhino, looks like he didnt get changed much if at all. A lot of fun, I would first at the beginning of the map convince some medic to keep me topped up, as rhino dies very quickly without medic support.

Absolute destruction up close, I’ve had a triple kill on people sitting on an hp station, it made no difference!

Few people cried unbalance, but after suggesting to use explosives/snipers/long distance weapons, I actually started regretting giving the advice in the first place!

(Ceres) #22

I can’t open the pictures? Says I don’t have access :smiley:

(Nail) #23

same here

btw, I can’t find the store, am I missing something ?

(tangoliber) #24

As usual, I BOOOO all accuracy decreases out of principle.

BOOOOO

Say it with me.

(Otherwise, good update)

(tangoliber) #25

[QUOTE=BAMFana;529469]Nice update, many good changes and additions.

The introduction of Kira really highlights one of my major issues wth the loadout system, however. The availability of different primary weapons really waters down the differences between the mercs. When Kira was first introduced, she had a unique playstyle, since she was the only merc who had a burst-fire rifle (which also allowed for specific balancing of the stark rifle according to her strengths and weaknesses), but now she may as well just be called the female arty since they can both use the same weapons. I personally feel that the game would be much “sharper” if mercs were strictly associated wih their primary weapon (ie. that’s the only weapon they’re allowed to use), while the loadout cards could be used to switch sidearms, knives, etc.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, and wanted completely unconfigurable mercs from the beginning. But, at the same time, I recognize that they need to make a compromise to make the F2P model work. Unfortunately, people wanted some sort of customization. The loadout card system was a decent compromise.

(Ecano) #26

This update looks great! Good job!

btw: Loadouts filter doesn’t have cobalt option.

EDIT: may be cos I haven’t

(PixelTwitch) #27

Just when I thought it was impossible to make the loadout card system any worse, they manage it…
/me slow claps…

(ToonBE) #28

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;529526]Just when I thought it was impossible to make the loadout card system any worse, they manage it…
/me slow claps…[/QUOTE]

Well they just need to divide them into different cards. weapon card / load out card / merc skin card.

(Strid) #29

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;529526]Just when I thought it was impossible to make the loadout card system any worse, they manage it…
/me slow claps…[/QUOTE]

Could please you elaborate?

(Destroy666) #30

This is a huge step forwards. But:

• new mercs seem to be OP
  • it’s bad that maps are still not made any better - no gameplay changes in the last few patches. Hopefully the next patch will introduce something new.

[QUOTE=shoe.;529435]

[ul]
[li]Fixed issue where two music streams could play at the same time
[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]

Still not fixed.

Also, image attachments in the 1st post can’t be opened by my forum usergroup for some reason.

/me slow claps…[/QUOTE]

So what’s worse about it? Looks pretty much the same as it was before, except shinier interface.

(Szakalot) #32

[QUOTE=Destroy666;529540]This is a huge step forwards. But:

• new mercs seem to be OP

Also, image attachments in the 1st post can’t be opened by my forum usergroup for some reason.[/QUOTE]

I really don’t think either of these mercs are OP. Its just that you have to re-learn the game, esp. Rhino requires a specific approach, much like charging Aura’s station without explosives is not gonna work very well either.

Check here for the pictures: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/10978/dirty-bomb-presents-the-rhino-and-kira-update/p1

(Runeforce) #33

The changes to the quest system are AMAZING! It’s something I never seen a f2p do, heavily rewarding players spending a lot of time, while keeping it standard to light users. Kind of opposite of every product on the market: no ‘(un)pleasureable pain’ or p2w here! It’s ‘cha-ching’ for the hardcore (competitive?) community, while appearing as your standard f2p model for normal users. I’m so exited about it! Well done chaps.

(Destroy666) #34

Well, Kira is a much stronger version of Arty in my opinion. Better gun, better ability. Not wondering she requires 20k more. I think there is no reason to use Arty at this point.

And Rhino maybe isn’t that strong by himself, but paired with Aura (or even worse - more Auras - had to suffer this sad experience today) he’s very hard to kill. Especilly with Try Hard augment.

(Ceres) #35

You are completely wrong about Kira and Arty.

(Destroy666) #36

You are completely wrong about me being wrong. Have fun countering this with other 0 arguments.

(Ceres) #37

Don’t need to. Keep playing Kira!

(BAMFana) #38

Kira and Arty have access to exactly the same primary weapons. Both abilities are pretty weak.

…troll?

(Destroy666) #39

You’re right, I always thought Arty had nother gun by default, but then I never play him because he’s weak as I mentioned.

[QUOTE=BAMFana;529611]
…troll?[/QUOTE]

…no?

(Chris Mullins) #40

With the audio issue, what are you experiencing? Is it two distinct tracks playing at the same time, the same track being played twice with one a lot louder than the other, or is it something else?

Extra info will help us to diagnose and solve it :slight_smile: