/surrender option

(FireWorks) #21

[QUOTE=Smooth;539375]It requires >66% of the remaining connected players (so 4/5, 3/4, 2/3 etc.) to pass and if all players on a team disconnect the match will auto-surrender after 60s.

Surrenders also wont be possible for the first 3 minutes of a match and individual players can only call a Surrender Vote once every 3 minutes.

All of these are server-side configurable options :)[/QUOTE]

Sounds good so far :slight_smile:

What if you got 2 players? 1 cant surrender it.

Say 3 attackers quit due to seeing sick6. 1 guy wants to troll it out. Now the 5 defenders are stuck for 15mins in this “game”.
Cant this be ended earlier too? Auto forfeit teams with only 2 players left instead of 0?

(Szakalot) #22

[QUOTE=FireWorks;539382]Sounds good so far :slight_smile:

What if you got 2 players? 1 cant surrender it.

Say 3 attackers quit due to seeing sick6. 1 guy wants to troll it out. Now the 5 defenders are stuck for 15mins in this “game”.
Cant this be ended earlier too? Auto forfeit teams with only 2 players left instead of 0?[/QUOTE]

Imo these scenarios are pretty fringe. on the other hand i def wouldnt want to have the game forfeit for me automatically, when i was determined to fight till the bitter end

(FireWorks) #23

My last game with 1000hours in had this as a very typical scenario, sadly. The main reason I dropped it, even though I enjoyed the gameplay more than DB.

It just got too painful to find a match in the first place, then have it ruined by leavers and then waste the time there cause of “die hards”. Youd already win anyway, but the game mechanic is designed to let the timer tick down. 20mins ingame time wasted and the 10+mins searching for a lobby. If you wasted a couple evenings with friends this way, you pull the cord.

This is why I insist on doing good matchmaking over a forfeit in the first place, but if you must do a forfeit, make it a proper one.

edit:
and I must admit I also just stayed in some lost lobby as last guy to piss someone off.
Its by no means an academical scenario, it will happen. Also for DB.

(ostmustis) #24

when you implement this you can remove the autoloss that happens when you got a leaver regardless of how the match goes

(KeMoN) #25

Please sooner than later!

Also, I can’t seem to abandon a match? I only have the choice between EXIT (closes the game) and RESUME (reconnects to the match).
How can I completely leave a match?
Before you blame me for that, please take into account that I literally was playing alone against a premade clan of 4 with an additional player. Everyone in my team alreay left in the lobby once they realized we were up against a clan (matching clan tag in front of name)