State of Play: Game Name, Focus Testing, New Forums, and more

(RasteRayzeR) #21

We have spoken to Anti about it with Rex, he will see about this tomorrow I hope.

(prophett) #22

2 maps per week will get old fast.

Also not going near the nexon forums until they are on par with these forums.

(PixelTwitch) #23

[QUOTE=badman;498154]Hey guys,
Focus Testing Pt. 2

On the focus testing front, about to change things up slightly. To help us get feedback on each of the maps in the game, we’re going to be moving to a rotating schedule for them.

Each Friday we’ll rotate in a set of two of our maps for you to play, and there’ll be a set of servers running each one. The maps will be available for a week, after which we’ll swap them out for the next two maps. In addition, VIPs will have access to the full map list on special servers.

In addition to this, we’ll be running Stress Test Saturdays where we essentially get as many of you online and playing as possible. There’ll be special events and rewards for being online for these events, ranging from new content, events, competitions, attendance rewards and more. Think of that as our way of saying thank you for your valuable input.

We’re hoping that this schedule will provide the right balance of variety and focus, so do let us know your feedback.
[/QUOTE]

Current way of doing servers with different maps is suicide…
Already after having people complaining that they wanted White Chapel we can see people play 1 maybe 2 rounds before getting bored of the same single map and leaving the server… Retention is now at an all time low… If you want to test 2 maps put them on a single server and do the standard rotation.

(Ruben0s) #24

Combine it with a new wave of beta keys and you get a player retention score of 0%. Seriously… that is a horrible idea.

(MrFunkyFunk) #25

One map per server doesn’t seem to be a good idea honestly, unless you expect people to stick to very short gaming sessions (not saying more empty servers).

Also on the community aspect: any news on an active DirtyBomb community manager?
Would be nice to be able to have someone kicking off community events and monitoring the servers (and take actions towards some new toxic players, another good retention factor just there …).

Bringing waves & waves of new players hasn’t worked so far, maybe trying to bring the old players back, the ones that can give you valid opinions about how the game has evolved and shaped since they left and if it’s working now.
Game and communication/interaction really need to be improved before you invite more players. Not sure if you see the pattern that’s in place since last year with that same scenario.

(BomBaKlaK) #26

1 or 2 maps a week … srly ?
Servers are already empty and even with 4 maps it’s boring … so 1 per server is clearly not a good idea.

(prophett) #27

2 maps per week is a terrible idea. Provide the latest updates to all maps…

(Ashog) #28

strange, no more cc guys anymore, i think i saw 1-2 during last 2 days…

(PixelTwitch) #29

how many keys was that… I heard rumors from the CC guys that It was a good few thousand.

(RasteRayzeR) #30

Up to 6000 players by May 26th was their objective.

(fragon89) #31

it doesnt metter how many keys go out… I’ll be glad for 1 full server after 2 weeks

(stealth6) #32

Towards the topic of new forums. Might be cool to have some kind of crosspost functionality if both forums are available. It’s an idea from reddit there you can crosspost a topic to multiple subreddits.

Otherwise we’ll probably still have the same problem with half of the topics being here and half there.

(Snotling) #33

Limiting the number of maps par server can’t be a good idea. If you want to play all the maps, you will loose a lot of time with all the connection and lobby things… But the good news is that the game finally has a name, Dirty Bomb suits it better imo.

(AsKo_) #34

id really like to see new players coming in the game but i honestly think this is not a good idea at all. we saw what happened with the last waves, everybody came in excited as ****, got disappointed and never came to play again. same will happen with the new ,big wave, and most likely these ppl will not come back even if the game is worth to invest some time.
dont wanna be pessimistic but the game is still lightyears from what i expected it to be and i cant see me playing this for a long time without major changes in the gameplay.
also im laughing my ass off about the new nexon forums. they will be a pile of crap like the last one.
im tired of reading the same things over and over.

(PixelTwitch) #35

[QUOTE=AsKo_;498353]id really like to see new players coming in the game but i honestly think this is not a good idea at all. we saw what happened with the last waves, everybody came in excited as ****, got disappointed and never came to play again. same will happen with the new ,big wave, and most likely these ppl will not come back even if the game is worth to invest some time.
dont wanna be pessimistic but the game is still lightyears from what i expected it to be and i cant see me playing this for a long time without major changes in the gameplay.
also im laughing my ass off about the new nexon forums. they will be a pile of crap like the last one.
im tired of reading the same things over and over.[/QUOTE]

While you are likely correct about the forums try and keep an open mind until we see them again.

Also, if you do feel that this could be an issue… we could see maybe a relaunch of EvacZone and maybe they should attempt to become the unofficial community forums. If enough people move over to a third party forum (or stay here if SD allow it) SD will be forced to end up checking both forums regardless.

(stealth6) #36

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;498354]While you are likely correct about the forums try and keep an open mind until we see them again.

Also, if you do feel that this could be an issue… we could see maybe a relaunch of EvacZone and maybe they should attempt to become the unofficial community forums. If enough people move over to a third party forum (or stay here if SD allow it) SD will be forced to end up checking both forums regardless.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think 3rd party forums are a good idea with the NDA… Also it’s already going to be SD forums, Nexon forums, Dirtybomb.ru & axeso5…

(badman) #37

Thanks for all your feedback on the map rotation so far. We’ve got a couple of passworded VIP servers set up that feature the entire map list - more information (including the password) here: http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/40256-VIP-Servers-with-Full-Map-List

(INF3RN0) #38

Should really have both maps in rotation on one server. If it’s testing retention purely from individual maps, I don’t think it will go well.

(titan) #39

all maps all servers plsss
will rly help with player retention = more testing

(davidemo89) #40

Hey! I got invited to the beta another time with the same e-mail xD
3 new keys for my friends. thx!